RS / Brookesmith game cancelled tonight

Richland could have just scheduled their homecoming on Oct 7th. The actual “homecoming” of the season. I wonder why the chose Brooksmith and not Cherokee?

Lol. Another “expert” with clairvoyance and the ability to criticize decisions made weeks or months in advance of the season. How does Richland survive without your insight? Lol.

Richland could have just scheduled their homecoming on Oct 7th. The actual “homecoming” of the season. I wonder why the chose Brooksmith and not Cherokee?
Because they knew there was a chance they would lose that game, which they did. No one wants to lose on homecoming.

Lol. Another “expert” with clairvoyance and the ability to criticize decisions made weeks or months in advance of the season. How does Richland survive without your insight? Lol.
But were you not critiquing the decision by Brookesmith to cancel? Oh, the irony.

Last edited:
But we’re you not critiquing the decision by Brookesmith to cancel? Oh, the irony.

No. I gave them the benefit of the doubt. More notice than 9 hours before cancelling is not too much to ask. My understanding is that BrookeSmith does not go to school on Fridays. They have a four day week. Therefore these coaches knew on Thursday that they did not have enough players if that truly is the case. Genius.

Stay classy. Lol

No. I gave them the benefit of the doubt. More notice than 9 hours before cancelling is not too much to ask. My understanding is that BrookeSmith does not go to school on Fridays. They have a four day week. Therefore these coaches knew on Thursday that they did not have enough players if that truly is the case. Genius.

Stay classy. Lol
Did it ever cross you mind that a kid needed to wait until Friday morning to see a Dr. to be cleared to play? That could be a reason to wait to cancel. Just a little common sense reasoning brought to the table for you.

Did it ever cross you mind that a kid needed to wait until Friday morning to see a Dr. to be cleared to play? That could be a reason to wait to cancel. Just a little common sense reasoning brought to the table for you.

Cross my mind? Yes it did. However, the likelihood of this playing out all innocent-like, as you are trying to make it seem, is highly unlikely given the tension in the area due to the legal situation. Don't be stupid. Of course, that is like asking you to not be a coward (you have no team, you just throw rocks at others and bless us with you super-all-knowing-six-man skills), so I don't expect much. What happened to all that "common sense" you keep yapping about? lol.

For now, homecoming is back on thanks to Lohn. A great community. Hate that the Brookesmith and RS kids didn't get to play last night.

Cross my mind? Yes it did. However, the likelihood of this playing out all innocent-like, as you are trying to make it seem, is highly unlikely given the tension in the area due to the legal situation. Don't be stupid. Of course, that is like asking you to not be a coward (you have no team, you just throw rocks at others and bless us with you super-all-knowing-six-man skills), so I don't expect much. What happened to all that "common sense" you keep yapping about? lol.

For now, homecoming is back on thanks to Lohn. A great community. Hate that the Brookesmith and RS kids didn't get to play last night.
Stupid is as stupid does.

It is also not the entire world against RS like it plays out in your world. RS has been fortunate to get away with the shenanigans they have for as long as they have. Now, a little slip up due to thinking of being untouchable or unstoppable has caught up to the almighty and powerful RS. Watching the transformation (really, from much closer than you realizes) from cocky to whiny has been absolutely awesome to witness. People have mentioned the “crumbling of an empire”, and I say it has more deterioration to go. But instead of dusting themselves off and working hard to get get back to glory (with or with out home-grown kids is debatable), we’ve elected to whine an moan and point fingers to those who have tried to keep the integrity of sixman football intact and hold the actual wrong doers accountable for their actions. You keep saying that it can not be proven to 100% that RS and Burky was did wrong. Can you prove that they were 100% correct in the handling of the situation? You can not. No one can. Cry foul all you want. Call people stupid all you want. I get it, it’s a situation you’re not use to being in. Caught in the act. I’d be embarrassed too.

It is also not the entire world against RS like it plays out in your world. RS has been fortunate to get away with the shenanigans they have for as long as they have. Now, a little slip up due to thinking of being untouchable or unstoppable has caught up to the almighty and powerful RS. Watching the transformation (really, from much closer than you realizes) from cocky to whiny has been absolutely awesome to witness. People have mentioned the “crumbling of an empire”, and I say it has more deterioration to go. But instead of dusting themselves off and working hard to get get back to glory (with or with out home-grown kids is debatable), we’ve elected to whine an moan and point fingers to those who have tried to keep the integrity of sixman football intact and hold the actual wrong doers accountable for their actions. You keep saying that it can not be proven to 100% that RS and Burky was did wrong. Can you prove that they were 100% correct in the handling of the situation? You can not. No one can. Cry foul all you want. Call people stupid all you want. I get it, it’s a situation you’re not use to being in. Caught in the act. I’d be embarrassed too.

You're like a broken record (weeks, months and years of this). lol. Simple minded and singular focused. Have you considered becoming a personal injury lawyer? lol.

You're like a broken record (weeks, months and years of this). lol. Simple minded and singular focused. Have you considered becoming a personal injury lawyer? lol.
I actually tried it a month ago. A group of RS guys tried to hire me. Turns out, butthurt can’t be tried in court. Who knew?!??

You guys! Where’s the proof! This is nothing more than Unfounded allegations. It really only works one way with RS. No way RS/Burkhart has ever or could ever do wrong, but clearly everyone else’s motive is either they are jealous Or hate RS.
If Lohn is such a class act, why sue Lohn? They are listed in the lawsuit! Lohn was the only school to vote with RS at the DEC meeting.
Is that how you treat your friends? Maybe Lohn is scared that RS will do more the Sue them. Maybe Lohn is bowing down to the Bully of D2? Who knows?
That's right. Who knows.

You're clueless.

I don’t think for a second that the “world” is against RS. I do think that overall six man communities have either suspected or known some shaky stuff was going for long time in RS. Like it or not the UIL found the allegations to be true. Like it or not the penalties were given. RS can win with out JB period. At some point the administration (maybe some of these guys should be gone too) and school board need to realize they have a cancer. They may not look at it that way but the majority of the sixman communities do. Brooksmith was the first but I’d bet not the last to either cancel or not schedule games against RS. That could and possibly will go for all sports. I’m sure schools within RS district will play them but what would happen to the JB loyalists if there was no scrimmages no predistrict games for next couple years no basketball other than district ect. I’ve spoken to lots of fans from different communities and seems the common feeling is the UIL issued penalties but It will take the sixman communities to force a change.

Just throwing my $.02 in here. There are consequences for not playing a district contest within the guidelines of the UIL, unless said team has a good reason (too few players being a reason). This happened to Crane this past Friday evening, as well. They were on their way to Tornillo and got the call that Tornillo wouldn't be able to field a team. It happens.

Back