Balmorhea vs Valley

Help me understand how a game is closer than the score showed.. at one point it may have been close but that was the actual score..

Balmorhea has impressed me with how quickly they can break away and put up numbers in a game! First the Garden City game when they put up 35 unanswered points in the 4th quarter.
Then Balmorhea was only leading Valley 68-60 with 5:37 left in the game and ends up winning 96-66!! WOW! That is a trait of a championship caliber team.
I will be looking forward to their matchup with Strawn! They’re both phenomenal programs and deserve to be playing one last time.

Does keeping it close for a while give you bonus points or take away from the others point total? Valley played a great game but Balmoreah was in control for 90 percent of the game.

WV Backer":3gf9dh5p said:
I was there for the game and it was closer than the final score would indicate. I thought Balmorhea was just a better team but Valley never quit and, as indicated in previous posts, pulled within 8 points before it got out of hand at the end. The Valley fans were great as were the Balmorhea fans... except for the one blithering idiot running the horn. That dude was just a king-sized jerk. Good luck to the Bears when they play the Greyhounds at AT&T, that should be a good one. Not to mention the fact that they don't allow horns into JerrysWorld.

Just a little thoughts on this statement.. the game began to get close after two Balmorhea injurys.. they would have 45'd valley had those two not have gotten hurt. As for you talking about " one blithering idiot", if you were at the game, you probably noticed that valley had two "blithering idiots" running 2 separate horns... I get it tho.. it's not fun hearing the horn when you are getting your a** smacked. Lol! & they let him blow the horn at AT&T last year just an FYI.. I'm betting they will again. Enjoy basketball season guys it was a good run!!

WTexas":thve1w3x said:
Div 2 state game will either be a very low scoring game, or a game where we see both teams putting up triple digit points

The last time that Jones and Lee met, they set the record for scoring for the State game. I don't think that Jones' team will put up that many points this time, but we shall find out on December 20th.

Congratulations Balmorhea Bears on a tough fought win
Against a fast strong and determined Patriot team! On to Jerry’s World for another go at the championship against a well rounded Strawn team. Coach Jones’ and Coach Lee’ teams are both stacked with talent experience strength and speed. Should be a great game can’t wait to be there. GO BIG BLUE.

Hats off to valley. They came out and never gave up. Played us till the end. They made us fight all the way till the end. You guy just made us that much more better. Thank you valley for the fight and heart y’all gave us last night.

Back