Balmorhea vs Valley

tdog5344":2eim43et said:
Do your homework Rainjax those teams mentioned all had a loosing record except one. The were shut out a combined 13 times and only scored 6 points or less 8 other times they had 20 more losses than wins. Playing happy close valid point!!! Having good kids with good talent valid point!!! Shutting out some of the worst teams this year in sixman not a valid point!!! Oh wait maybe your wanting a trophy like whitedeer for beating bad teams and running the score up. Balmoreah will score at will and beat the pants off valley.

I don't have a dog in the fight. 13 shutouts in 42 or 43 games is hardly "just about every week", now is it? Farmer's comment was factual, yet misleading. Your was not factual at all.

Here - let me show you what facts look like: Balmorhea has only shut out two teams, and played only 3 teams ranked higher than #100. Only one in the top 10.

Balmorhea had the better defense last year and showed it in the 2nd half. who knows what may happen this year, but i have a hard time believing that anyone can stop Balmorhea from scoring

Thanks rainman, mine was factual and you know as well as I do those teams were way below average. So how's basketball going in silverton maybe there's a chat room for that we can meet up there.

Fact... of the last 5 teams valley has played silverton ranked #135 Is the best team they played they had the worst ranked district except for two others in the state and yes my groom tigers are one of them so go beat follett and good luck against Balmoreah. I'll use one of your lines ill give my prediction and it's been spoken so it is true Balmoreah will beat valley I'm trying to reference your picks on whitedeer mclean naz so forth you blew every one of them..

tdog5344":110monra said:
Thanks rainman, mine was factual and you know as well as I do those teams were way below average. So how's basketball going in silverton maybe there's a chat room for that we can meet up there.

You didn't use any facts. You made them up. Granted, the 4 teams you reference are not top tier programs. I'm wondering why you had to embellish the truth, when actual facts would have sufficed?

I looked them up on this very website. No mention of your arrogant picks you made of which most have been wrong this year. I admit I make mistakes you claim you don't. See ya

Postby Sixman fan19380 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:00 am

Balmorhea had the better defense last year and showed it in the 2nd half. who knows what may happen this year, but i have a hard time believing that anyone can stop Balmorhea from scoring.

What showed up in the second half was that Valley's qb got his leg broken on the first possession and that they replaced him with a true freshman who had never played a down of varsity football in his life.

I'm sorry to hear that and I'm sure the guy your quoting didn't know either. But yall still aren't as good as you were last year so ease up lol.

tdog5344":3n0cu4t7 said:
I'm sorry to hear that and I'm sure the guy your quoting didn't know either. But yall still aren't as good as you were last year so ease up lol.
R-E-L-A-X. Lol don’t get your feathers ruffled man. We’ve got one more round until this matchup is official.

tdog5344":19fsxu7c said:
I looked them up on this very website. No mention of your arrogant picks you made of which most have been wrong this year. I admit I make mistakes you claim you don't. See ya

I admit when I'm wrong. Look it up. Oh, wait - you would rather make it up than actually look it up. But my prognostication prowess is neither here nor there with respect to the argument at hand. In fact, it's what people who actually know what they are doing call a 'logical fallacy'. I let you google it. I'll even help you out - it's called a straw man.

My point, which you are either too thick too understand, or too full of yourself to admit to, was that of the 4 teams you referenced, 3 of them did not "get 45'd just about every week".

I know, it's semantics. Or do you need to google that term as well?

Man valley beat a mediocre follett team but very disappointing to see the body slamming personal fouls out of bounds and terrible sportsmanship from valley. Not all the kids from valley but 3 of them should be on the sidelines wow...

tdog5344":3pjqm8r7 said:
And now taunting in the endzone by valley. How can a coach allow his players to act like that.. Unbelievable!!!
I say let them enjoy it while they can. All roads end at Balmorhea. Balmorhea will win by 30+, maybe even by the mercy rule. Sorry Valley, maybe next year. Balmorhea is THAT GOOD. They then go on to win state by 20+. Quote me in a few weeks.

Your exactly right they will be done next week I'm in shock that an adult a Coach with his son on the field would allow such terrible sportsmanship. And what's sad is some of the valley boys play with class but wow it's like the NFL.

I was extremely disgusted by watching Valley last night. One of the most arrogant and cocky high school teams I’ve ever seen. And I didn’t see a coach one get onto one of his players. Flipping the ball 5 yards away from the red after a td, taunting the other teams coaches and sidelines, hot dogging it to the end zone for a td, this stiff is disgusting at the HS level.

It was so bad Ive not seen a highschool game in my life that was that bad... our coaches and our admin would never let that happen and if it did they would handle it big time!!!

Yes sir they are in our district and from the panhandle but GO BEARS !!! teams with that little class and character don't deserve to win and knowing Balmoreahs coach that would never be allowed.. I honestly can't believe what I saw last night..

Looks like a lot of really negative things are being said about Valley coaches and kids. Coaches and kids that know better than to try and get on here and defend themselves, because basically, it is a no win situation. I have never posted before, and probably shouldn't now. But, it's hard to see people being ripped that I know to be good people. You folks doing all the negative talk about coaches and especially players, are more classless than you claim the players to be, in the way you bring these young men down. These players work hard and play harder, and are criticized for being passionate about the game. I know some of the things you claim to have seen are considered to be more than passion, but there are two sides to every story. I was at the game as well, and didn't see things the way some of you did. T-dog, I remember teams from Groom in the early 2000 era that were very good. They had Britten's and Ritter's and others that were very physical football players, headhunters on the field. Some of the teams that they beat up on would sometimes call them "dirty" or other things, but the fact was, they were very good, physical players that played hard, and if you weren't watching, or even if you were, they would clean your clock. Just the way it was.That's one reason they were as successful as they were. Now I see this Valley team as very similar. I know for a fact that their coaching staff and administration are very classy people. They definitely address behavior that they consider to be unsportsmanlike. I also realize that no matter what I say, I probably wont change your minds, but it was hard to see these people slammed on here in a very classless way, when you probably don't know any of them well at all. I also know that some will reply and probably get after me for coming to their defense, but I guess it's a free country. Just remember, this is a public forum, and lots of young men read these posts. It's evidently pretty easy for some of you to sit behind a computer and talk negatively about young men who risk a lot every Friday night, as they play for their respective schools. Let's try to be examples of class and respect for them. Everyone has a right to their opinion... and there is mine.

I respect your opinion and I'm not in any way trashing the kids, but stating facts.. If you were at the game then i can't imagine you defending the actions of a few.. I can't judge the kids because I don't know them but I'm not blind and in the three games I've watched valley this year I've seen it but only by a few. I was a headhunter and played with many of them and when we were done we helped each other up instead of standing over them and degrading them.

Back