Appreciation Post

Coach Cooley

Six-man fan
This is a little off the wall but I feel this is the best place to post this. There a lot of things growing or “aging” out of small schools. But today was a humble reminder for why many go to small rural schools. Today, the Superintendent of Happy coached a JH team to a Tournament championship. Something very small to him but meant a lot to those kids. It was awesome to watch him interact and coach the team. (Yes, I know he was a head basketball coach, but there are tons of Sups out there who would not think of doing something so small). That’s what makes it even better he wasn’t just there present on the bench, he was actively up and coaching these kids for an entire Saturday 9am - 7pm and driving the bus. The day after I am sure he made the 2 hour trip there and back to Slaton to watch the Cowboys lose a tough one to Westbrook. Anyways, I just wanted to post from a coach of a neighboring district I was thoroughly impressed with the character of this man as he was so easy to correct dejected kids and build them back up. It was awesome, this is often the stuff that is overlooked in our schools today! So today, Good job Coach Keith. It probably been some time since hes carried this role but today he embodied it to a T. Congrats Coach.

This is a little off the wall but I feel this is the best place to post this. There a lot of things growing or “aging” out of small schools. But today was a humble reminder for why many go to small rural schools. Today, the Superintendent of Happy coached a JH team to a Tournament championship. Something very small to him but meant a lot to those kids. It was awesome to watch him interact and coach the team. (Yes, I know he was a head basketball coach, but there are tons of Sups out there who would not think of doing something so small). That’s what makes it even better he wasn’t just there present on the bench, he was actively up and coaching these kids for an entire Saturday 9am - 7pm and driving the bus. The day after I am sure he made the 2 hour trip there and back to Slaton to watch the Cowboys lose a tough one to Westbrook. Anyways, I just wanted to post from a coach of a neighboring district I was thoroughly impressed with the character of this man as he was so easy to correct dejected kids and build them back up. It was awesome, this is often the stuff that is overlooked in our schools today! So today, Good job Coach Keith. It probably been some time since hes carried this role but today he embodied it to a T. Congrats Coach.
Great post. There's still good ones out there

Back