85-0

pistol":1tmwk6jl said:
Warcat82":1tmwk6jl said:
Ha snowflake is that all you got? I've probably been coaching longer than you've been alive. Only a snowflake would result to callint folks names. A lot of very well respected coaches know who I am, and I can promise you snowflake is not a word they'd use to describe me.. that made me laugh.... you sir should become a comedian because you are hillarious...
Don’t worry about him.. he’s proven to be quite the racist in the past .. also makes very stupid posts.. so the fact you disagree with him should make you feel good

Yeah I have seen some of his rants before. Smh... Bless his heart.. thanks though.

Yes the cutoff number has been raised but only by around 9 kids. Just cause your school as 100 kids don't make you a great football team and those same schools could have majority girls and who is to say all the boys even played football. The number of teams have increased from around 92 to around 142 but how many of those 142 schools didn't field a team this year cause I seen quite a few not play a single game so some districts didn't even have to win a district game cause there was only 2 teams in the district. If you made it one division with 3 teams going to the playoffs would make for a better competitive playoffs and one true Champion.

Please tell me your a coach 76890. It just makes me shake my head when I read posts like Warcats and find out he is a coach. Looking at the scores this morning, every game except one ended early. I was predicting 75% of the first round games will end early. Making the playoffs need to mean something again.

So last year when Milford Mercy Ruled Richland Springs, that means Richland Springs didn't belong in the playoffs??? You are not very football knowledgable if you think that. So many things go into how a game plays out... did they lose a star player? Did they play a team that caused match up issues? A team can be 10-0 but be terrible at covering the pass and wind up playing a spread team that has a good defense and get mercy ruled. Or you can have a team that is 3-7 or in Live Oaks case last year 4-6 and run into teams that have offenses that feed into your teams strength and win out and go 8-6 or 7-7 and win state. Just because a team gets 45'd doesn't mean they don't belong in the playoffs, because if that was the case, Jonesboro and Richland never belonged last year or the year before in Jonesboro's case. Balmoreah didn't belong 2 years ago either.

As for adding teams to the districts and making 1 group, UIL would simply make a 64 team bracket and take 4 teams LIKE THEY DO IN EVERY DIVISION! UIL has proven research that the way they are doing it is the correct way. So people can gripe and moan all they want, but they will not change.

Warcat not saying teams that get blown out don't deserve to be in the playoffs it happens but teams that get blown out more then a few times is a different matter. Even if UIL did take 64 in one division least there would be more competitive games a one true champion. One win in district should get you in the playoffs. If more teams where in a district the best would make it to the playoffs. I would rather see 8 or more teams in a district then the way it is now. Has it is right now there is good teams that don't make it to playoffs cause of a tough district and others make cause of a weak district. Maybe do like college basketball take the top teams how ever many and then take the others to another playoff like they do with the NIT tournament

football76890":zgwbddn9 said:
Warcat not saying teams that get blown out don't deserve to be in the playoffs it happens but teams that get blown out more then a few times is a different matter. Even if UIL did take 64 in one division least there would be more competitive games a one true champion. One win in district should get you in the playoffs. If more teams where in a district the best would make it to the playoffs. I would rather see 8 or more teams in a district then the way it is now. Has it is right now there is good teams that don't make it to playoffs cause of a tough district and others make cause of a weak district. Maybe do like college basketball take the top teams how ever many and then take the others to another playoff like they do with the NIT tournament

As for strong and weak districts, it happens at all levels. San Antonio ISD has crap teams in 5A and 6A their district champ goes 10-0 and gets beat by 60 in the 1st round usually. Valley teams as well, it is commonly known as Valley weak in the rounds they don't play each other. These are districts that have 7 to 8 teams in their districts. The combinations of districts does not assure more competitive districts or that bad teams are out and only good teams are in. Also, there are once again teams that have great records that get blown out, and teams with crap records that do the blowing out. I once again point to Live Oak last year. They were mercy ruled more than once, started 0-6 but won state at 8-6. They even blew out teams with 1 and 2 losses on the season to do so.... so who determines good and bad teams? What criteria do you use to determine good and bad teams? Who says the bad teams are taking the good teams spots in the playoffs?

First thing Warcat this is sixman not about 11man I don't care what 11man does and I don't pay any attention to the private schools for the simple reason they don't follow the UIL rules. So why don't we just let every team in the playoffs and give them all a trophy

football76890":1ix8w8er said:
First thing Warcat this is sixman not about 11man I don't care what 11man does and I don't pay any attention to the private schools for the simple reason they don't follow the UIL rules. So why don't we just let every team in the playoffs and give them all a trophy

Well UIL runs both 6 man and 11 man so therefore they are going to do them the same way... Also the last I checked Richland Springs, Jonesboro, and Balmorea were all 6 man schools... They all got Mercy ruled in the playoffs the last 2 years, by the stance that was made ANYONE who gets mercy ruled in the playoffs didn't belong there. As far as private schools and you not following them because they don't follow uil rules, you're right, TAPPS has more strict rules. They follow NCAA just like UIL as well as NFHS rules. As far as letting everyone in and giving them trophies. No one does that... Only the state champs get a trophy so your comment is unfounded. You sound like a bitter fan who's team got beat out by an "unworthy" team. I've been blessed to coach in a State Title game before, nothing like it. I can also tell you that a lot of coaches look at non district games and even some district games totally different so they will get beat at halftime just to keep kids healthy going into the playoffs. Other teams limp into the playoffs because they get beat up. That is also a reason for the split divisions. EVERY LEAGUE does it now just like UIL. Why? BECAUSE RESEARCH PROVES IT IS THE BEST WAY!!! They spend millions of dollars looking at all of those things instead of listening to bitter fans that don't like change. Look at college for instance, They have NAIA, D3,D2, FCS, and FBS, why is that oh yeah NUMBERS AND RESEARCH!!! A public school that only has 20-100 kids may only have 7 to 30 boys and maybe they can field a team with 7 or 8 kids, even if they are 7 or 8 studs, that team can not compete for 4 quarters with a team that has 20 on it from a school of almost 200 that has 4 Studs, 7 good, 5 descent, and 4 get backs on it. Research shows it... The facts prove that WHAT UIL IS DOING IS THE RIGHT WAY!!!

football76890":8zcl1xmf said:
I'm definitely not a bitter fan don't have a kid playing anymore just a fan of competitive 6man football

That I too am a fan of. In my career I have coached both 11 and 6 man... I will not go back to 11 man. 6 man is so much more fun and exciting. The coaching world is also much better in 6 man. We are a tight group that would help each other with anything, and if a newcomer tries to be dirty or unsportsmanlike, they get straightened out quick... Gotta love 6 man!!!

To All: Some may not care about 11M on 6M, but tonight a 4A school that is in a 4 team district and went 0-3 to finish 4th played a playoff game. Unworthy some might say, others say never should happen. Bottom line they are now 1-0 in the playoffs and knockoff the District champs. So there is a reason the games are played even if one of the teams are unworthy to be in the playoffs. Just to be clear there are a total of 12 TRUE STATE CHAMPS at the end of the season. They are the 12 that played the last game so the year and WON.

oldergoat":2wgpggrs said:
To All: Some may not care about 11M on 6M, but tonight a 4A school that is in a 4 team district and went 0-3 to finish 4th played a playoff game. Unworthy some might say, others say never should happen. Bottom line they are now 1-0 in the playoffs and knockoff the District champs. So there is a reason the games are played even if one of the teams are unworthy to be in the playoffs. Just to be clear there are a total of 12 TRUE STATE CHAMPS at the end of the season. They are the 12 that played the last game so the year and WON.

I agree

Back