85-0

So let’s take a look at the flip side. If a team that has a losing record shouldn’t make the playoffs even if they are too 2 in district, then what about districts that are stacked? Example.....Mclean, White Deer, Valley, Miami district. Mclean and White Deer advance but Valley is out. They are ranked higher than several teams that are in the playoffs with winning records. So do we leave district champs out just cause they have a weak division?

Cw74":2a7xdaxl said:
So let’s take a look at the flip side. If a team that has a losing record shouldn’t make the playoffs even if they are too 2 in district, then what about districts that are stacked? Example.....Mclean, White Deer, Valley, Miami district. Mclean and White Deer advance but Valley is out. They are ranked higher than several teams that are in the playoffs with winning records. So do we leave district champs out just cause they have a weak division?
Yeah I’ve always hated when something like that happens and it usually happens just about every year. 3 tough teams get put into 1 District and only 2 make it out. Even though the 3rd place team is better than plenty 2nd place teams in other districts.

BuffaloCountry":3tzqvaq6 said:
Cw74":3tzqvaq6 said:
Yeah I’ve always hated when something like that happens and it usually happens just about every year. 3 tough teams get put into 1 District and only 2 make it out. Even though the 3rd place team is better than plenty 2nd place teams in other districts.
For example: Garden City, Sterling City, and Highland. These 3 teams are top 10 in div 1 and Highland is left out. While teams that win 1 game all season make the playoffs...

Just one example The 1987 Lohn Eagles was the 4th smallest school in 6man and won a state title when there was no splitting of the divisions. Even the teams that field 20 to 30 kids don't play all of them usually its the best 8 to 12 kids that play anyways. There will never be a true 6man state champion until it goes back to only one division

It's fine just the way it is. If you remember, there was a lot more complaining about it when there was just one division. And you can always come up with a "once in a hundred years" example.

But, combining districts to make 8 team districts would be an improvement. Then, the top four in each district could advance to the playoffs. That would take care of making sure no good teams were left out. Usually.

Johnny South I said one example not 1 out of 100. There has many smaller schools compete thru out the playoffs before the split. All the split did was water down sixman football. You want to be the best then beat the best. Build your program it doesn't matter if you have 8 kids or 20 kids if you have a good program you are going to win. The teams that only have 6 kids are probably not going to compete in either division if grades or injuries get them. I just disagree with the splitting of the division in 11 man and 6 man. I hate the thinking of everyone gets a trophy, everyone goes to the playoffs. Most playoff games not even worth watching anymore cause most are shutouts and that cause of the watering down of the playoffs from the split division and no one focus on defense or wants to play defense

football76890":2kssx8vz said:
Just one example The 1987 Lohn Eagles was the 4th smallest school in 6man and won a state title when there was no splitting of the divisions. Even the teams that field 20 to 30 kids don't play all of them usually its the best 8 to 12 kids that play anyways. There will never be a true 6man state champion until it goes back to only one division

why even have 1A-6A then??

So Pistol what you are saying is a school that has a enrollment of 50 can't compete against a school with 60. In all comes down to either you have a good program, coach and athletes. Back in the day teams like Christoval always had lots of players no one cried back then you either was good enough to make it to the playoffs are you started playing basketball. Like I have said the splitting of the division has watered down 6man. Put them all together and see how is the best.

football76890":1ven9c3y said:
So Pistol what you are saying is a school that has a enrollment of 50 can't compete against a school with 60. In all comes down to either you have a good program, coach and athletes. Back in the day teams like Christoval always had lots of players no one cried back then you either was good enough to make it to the playoffs are you started playing basketball. Like I have said the splitting of the division has watered down 6man. Put them all together and see how is the best.

I haven't said anything.. I'm asking you questions..

why even have 6man? everybody play 11 man.. have a good program, coach and athletes.. and make the playoffs or start basketball and don't cry

6man was created for smaller schools. What im saying is don't split the divisions and that goes for all levels. There is teams in division 1 that wouldn't be able to compete in division 2. Just cause a school has a few more kids don't make them better. I get what you are saying to a stint. 55 to 104 kids isn't a lot of difference but when your talking a few hundred to a few thousands now that's a difference. Just cause you have a enrollment of 75 doesn't mean you going to have a big football team some schools have lots of kids but either a low number of boys or not enough boys interested in playing football.

Ok so lopsided game means you do not deserve playoffs???

2016 STATE TITLE GAME: Richland Springs 96- Balmorhea 50... that is a mercy rule state game... So Balmorhea didn't deserve to be in the playoffs???

2017 STATE TITLE GAME: Borden County 60- Jonesboro 22.. So Jonesboro doesn't deserve playoffs?

2016 STATE TITLE GAME: Borden County 60 Jonesboro 12... Again Jonesboro doesn't deserve playoffs?

2015 STATE TITLE GAME: Richland Springs 72- Follett 26... Follett not deserving?

2014 STATE TITLE GAME: Crowell 62 May 16... May not deserving?

2014 STATE TITLE GAME: Throckmorton 66 Groom 20.. Groom not deserving?

2013 STATE: Garndfalls 73 Milford 28... Milford not deserving?

2012 STATE: 6-Man Division I - Throckmorton 72, Abbott 30
6-Man Division II - Richland Springs 60, Follett 14... Abbott and Follett not deserving?

2011: 6-Man Division II - Richland Springs 76, Motley County 28.. MC not deserving?

2010: 6-Man Division II - Richland Springs 46, Sterling City 0... SC not deserving?

2009: 6-Man Division I - Garden City 122, Strawn 88... Strawn not deserving?

2008: 6-Man Division II Borden County 54, Woodson 8... Woodson now deserving?

2007: 6-Man Div. I - Richland Springs 98, Rule 54... Rule not deserving?

2005: 6-Man - Throckmorton 68, Turkey Valley 22... Turkey Valley not deserving even though there was ONLY ONE CHAMPION THAT YEAR?

1998: 6-Man - Trinidad 62, Borden County 16.. BC not deserving?

1991: 6-Man - Fort Hancock 64, Christoval 14... Christoval not deserving?

1990: 6-Man - Fort Hancock 66, Christoval 17.. Christoval not deserving?

1988: 6-Man - Fort Hancock 76, Zephyr 30... Zephyr not deserving?

1985: 6-Man - Jayton 64, Christoval 14... Christoval not deserving?

1982: 6-Man - Highland 60, Mullin 13.. Mullin not deserving?

1978: 6-Man - Marathon 62, May 16... May not deserving?

1972: 6-Man - O'Brien 60, Jerrell 14.... Jerrell not deserving?

by going off of a blow out means you sucked, every one of these title games had a team that did not deserve to be in the playoffs and that totally sucked.

Yes they deserved to be there, I am sure everyone of those teams you listed it was their first loss of the season or maybe 2nd. I will also bet that none of those teams lost a district game 85-0. Make SixMan Football Great Again!

Have a program build a culture. Have your kids workout every day once school is out put in the time. I can tell you there are D2 schools with more players than D1 schools. The above mentioned is what sets them apart so do the time as a unit as a team or set on here and complain that little johhny didn't make it too the playoffs, or buy them a pig or a lamb but don't try to change back and forth until it goes your way work for it.

You will always have lopsided games some due to injuries. I know of a few of those title games you mentioned where close at halftime then a injury or 2 and then a blowout. Those title games with one champion those was true champion the split division ones who is the real champion maybe if they wasn't split those state games might not be blow outs every year maybe they would down the wire exciting state games with a true champion

In 33yrs of one division only 9 state games was a shutout and in 12yrs of the 2 divisions there has been 11 shutouts and only 7 state games in under 20 point difference. The playoffs where a lot more competitive when it was one division.

Example we played Mclean this year we D2 Them D1. We suited up 20 and Mclean who has no JV suited up everything they had and it was 13. They whipped our butts and had way fewer kids.

Back