2022 early predictions

And I'm glad that you're stating these facts to defend Westbrook. I didn't know all of this because stats aren't easy to come by in sixman (at least to me). Their strength of schedule is highly impressive and should be #1 ranked after being Rankin. This schedule is honestly the second hardest I've seen (behind 2020 Sterling City)
Westbrook should have been ranked over Rankin before that match up. That’s another conversation by itself.

You are right on stats. People don’t talk much stats or strength of schedule.

I have mad respect for programs like Westbrook, Garden City, Rankin, May and KC. Year to year they schedule stout competition. Some times it works out for you and some it don’t. Westbrook last year is an example of that. 2-4 start and winning a state title.

Stats and records are misleading if you don’t compare the strength of schedule.

I would also see the fact that IC put up 80 on both of them. Sometimes it not "how" but "how many"

So that means I shouldn't look at the results of the Westbrook/Happy game from last year or week 1 this season then

I'm not trying to disrespect Westbrook at all by my predictions. If they win state, I'll be happy for them winning back to back. At the end of the day, these kids don't play on paper, they play on the field
Your right you shouldn’t go by what happened with Westbrook and happy week 1, I guarantee you our boys don’t care what happened then. It’s a new week

Westbrook should have been ranked over Rankin before that match up. That’s another conversation by itself.

You are right on stats. People don’t talk much stats or strength of schedule.

I have mad respect for programs like Westbrook, Garden City, Rankin, May and KC. Year to year they schedule stout competition. Some times it works out for you and some it don’t. Westbrook last year is an example of that. 2-4 start and winning a state title.

Stats and records are misleading if you don’t compare the strength of schedule.
Honestly, I believe Westbrook should be #1 too. If you want to have that conversation, you can have it here.
I'm so glad you bring up the 11-4 state year as an example. That team lead to this team.
After the bye, they've rolled through everyone. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing, the only problem is that's what May was doing all last year. But I saw them against Abbott and barely got past them. Then I saw against Westbrook and we know the result. Even though it could've been a matchup problem, I believe Westbrook was battle-hardened

I do wish that sixman went back to only having one champion but that's up to the UIL
Oh I a
Honestly, I believe Westbrook should be #1 too. If you want to have that conversation, you can have it here.
I'm so glad you bring up the 11-4 state year as an example. That team lead to this team.
After the bye, they've rolled through everyone. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing, the only problem is that's what May was doing all last year. But I saw them against Abbott and barely got past them. Then I saw against Westbrook and we know the result. Even though it could've been a matchup problem, I believe Westbrook was battle-hardened
I agree 100%. I believe you have to be battle tested to make a run like that. You risk injuries when you play games of that caliber.

Yeah and Irion County has to do it without one of the better players on their team for the first half because he can’t keep from throwing a fit. Very selfish, but it will be next man up because Abbott will be wanting to prove a bunch of people wrong.
Oh yeah especially after how close they were to state last year

December football playoffs ✅✅🦃❄️
Not ready for the season to end. We just got into the regular season like 2 days ago and it’s already State championship time.

Biggest bracket keeper: Benjamin and Loraine - mainly because I didn’t want to be wrong again for the third straight week on Whitharral and Oakwood. It’s also pretty cool that Westbrook and Loraine players will play one after the other.

Biggest bracket changer: Abbott - of course they are, they’re the only ones I didn’t pick. Irion County put up a hell of a fight but the fighting Willie Nelsons pulled through. They’re having “Good Times” playing like a “Band of Brothers” and hope to be the “Last Man Standing”.

PS: please have Mitchell County be on the same side of the stadium. Would that be too hard to ask for?

Attachments

• 3D1F5731-D38A-4BE0-8F31-CF6EBF367623.jpeg
    3D1F5731-D38A-4BE0-8F31-CF6EBF367623.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 8
  • BA967057-5EB6-4172-BF72-0B0EA1938F51.jpeg
    BA967057-5EB6-4172-BF72-0B0EA1938F51.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 8
December football playoffs ✅✅🦃❄️
Not ready for the season to end. We just got into the regular season like 2 days ago and it’s already State championship time.

Biggest bracket keeper: Benjamin and Loraine - mainly because I didn’t want to be wrong again for the third straight week on Whitharral and Oakwood. It’s also pretty cool that Westbrook and Loraine players will play one after the other.

Biggest bracket changer: Abbott - of course they are, they’re the only ones I didn’t pick. Irion County put up a hell of a fight but the fighting Willie Nelsons pulled through. They’re having “Good Times” playing like a “Band of Brothers” and hope to be the “Last Man Standing”.

PS: please have Mitchell County be on the same side of the stadium. Would that be too hard to ask for?
Loraine will be the visiting team while Westbrook is the home team but us at Westbrook will definitely be on Loraine side during that game!!

And with that, it’s all over ✅✅🦃❄️🏅
Kind of bittersweet my first two games I got to see were the last 2. But I would say it was way more sweet than bitter. Congrats on the Loraine and Abbott for making it to Arlington and Westbrook and Benjamin for winning it all

Attachments

• E365F038-4257-49E9-9478-F025FC810FCD.jpeg
    E365F038-4257-49E9-9478-F025FC810FCD.jpeg
    199.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 433B6780-E917-4C8D-98B3-8F88E67C555F.jpeg
    433B6780-E917-4C8D-98B3-8F88E67C555F.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 15
And with that, it’s all over ✅✅🦃❄️🏅
Kind of bittersweet my first two games I got to see were the last 2. But I would say it was way more sweet than bitter. Congrats on the Loraine and Abbott for making it to Arlington and Westbrook and Benjamin for winning it all
Three out of four picked for the finals is impressive.

All of these are valid skepticisms. Allow me to respond with why I believe those teams make it to where I put them

Strawn has to play Newcastle, Forestburg, and Gold-Burg. I believe that even with a "bad" pre-district, the only challenge I see is Gold-Burg. However, I believe that Strawn's tradition of winning will have making it to playoffs. Will they win playoffs games? I don't know because we all know the road to the Region 2 championship is tough for all of those schools. Again, the tradition of winning in Strawn is what will propel Strawn through playoffs in my opinion.

With Cherokee, I see Blackwell just pulling an upset. Blackwell had a down year last season and will likely be around 8 or 9 wins when matching up with Cherokee. Plus, I think Cherokee will be looking ahead at Richland Springs for a rematch in the regional finals and realized that the Hornets are not to overlook.

With Benjamin, you might be right. They might be put out in the first round or the third round. I don't see Benjamin playing turkey ball for the opposite reason I see Strawn playing in December. Strawn is use to playing into December, so is Motley County. I'm not saying Benjamin is bad. Like I said earlier, they're in Region 2 with all of those teams, teams who know how to make it to Thanksgiving..

Finally, Richland Springs is probably going to blink and be in Jerryworld. The question is how much competition will they have to face a little adversity? I say none. If I'm mistaken, RS hasn't lost at AT&T. But, mostly had to play Strawn to get there. With Region 3 losing Strawn and Gordon, RS will only have film on their side while the teams in Region 1 and 2 will have experience week after week of having a tough opponent.

I may be wrong, but I have reasons as to why I might be right.
Newcastle runs that district. Losing no starters….👀

Back