2022 early predictions

Turkey weekend football playoffs complete✅✅🦃
What a slate of games. Wonder how next week can live up to this

Biggest bracket keeper: Irion County - THE BOYS OF MERTZON DID IT AGAIN. What did they do you may ask. My response.. WHAT HAVEN’T THEY DONE? Threw a hundred plus tax on May, walked in and walked out against Leakey, and had “the epic in Early” against Jonesboro. I think it’s time for them to be my pick for the eastern side “weird to say that for them” champions. Hope they make it to Arlington 4 years after moving down to six man (sorry for the slight burst of excitement in the beginning, IC was one of the first six man teams I got to see in person when I was at Angelo)

Biggest bracket changer: Whitharral - knocked out my pick for State champions (and only team I believed that could beat Benjamin). If they pull the upset off next week, I would be more than shocked

Attachments

• 4447C59E-963C-43FC-95F8-3B67B67165EA.jpeg
    4447C59E-963C-43FC-95F8-3B67B67165EA.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 1C342744-F3ED-4F87-8C5C-A3915EB43F68.jpeg
    1C342744-F3ED-4F87-8C5C-A3915EB43F68.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 21
Turkey weekend football playoffs complete✅✅🦃
What a slate of games. Wonder how next week can live up to this

Biggest bracket keeper: Irion County - THE BOYS OF MERTZON DID IT AGAIN. What did they do you may ask. My response.. WHAT HAVEN’T THEY DONE? Threw a hundred plus tax on May, walked in and walked out against Leakey, and had “the epic in Early” against Jonesboro. I think it’s time for them to be my pick for the eastern side “weird to say that for them” champions. Hope they make it to Arlington 4 years after moving down to six man (sorry for the slight burst of excitement in the beginning, IC was one of the first six man teams I got to see in person when I was at Angelo)

Biggest bracket changer: Whitharral - knocked out my pick for State champions (and only team I believed that could beat Benjamin). If they pull the upset off next week, I would be more than shocked
I love how people keep overlooking Westbrook. I’m telling right now that team is legit. Very well coached, very talented on both sides of the ball, very quick.

No one wants to step in front of that train. Go Cats Go.

I love how people keep overlooking Westbrook. I’m telling right now that team is legit. Very well coached, very talented on both sides of the ball, very quick.

No one wants to step in front of that train. Go Cats Go.
I’m not overlooking them. Westbrook is looking good especially today against Rankin.

If you had seen the original WB vs Rankin game as well as the last game against Garden City you wouldn’t have been so quick to give it to Rankin in the picks. I know I sure didn’t have Rankin picked to win I had WB by 12 and they blew that out of the water. Westbrook this year reminds me of 2009 Borden county “scrappy as hell”.
I wasn’t thinking “Rankin will beat Westbrook easily” I thought it was going to be score for score and Rankin uses the regular season game to get a last second score/stop to win

I wasn’t thinking “Rankin will beat Westbrook easily” I thought it was going to be score for score and Rankin uses the regular season game to get a last second score/stop to win
Fact of the matter is Westbrook got the ball 7 times and scored 7 times. And that’s no disrespect at all to Rankin, they have good kids and I’m not bad mouthing them by no means. Don’t matter how you look at it that’s dominance. That’s why you don’t look at previous games to compare, if you were to do that you would see IC gave up 60 points to BV and 38 to spur. 2 teams Westbrook literally dismantled so I would not go by previous games anymore lol.

Apparently you don’t follow football very well. No disrespect to irion county but their defense pass or run is horrible. Buena vista and Spur scored 30 plus on them. Look what Westbrook did to both of those teams. Go back and study Westbrook from the first week to now. Westbrook is barely scratching their playbook. Everyone has said WB can’t pass the ball, or they can’t replace one of the strongest arms from last year. Well I think 31 has proved himself. 31 is approaching 1000 passing yards with two running backs around 1500 yards a piece. Ok I get it maybe their is kids out their that have more yards. But no one did that against the strength of schedule WB did. Happy, Jonesboro, Spur, Garden City twice, Rankin twice, Buena Vista.

Apparently you don’t follow football very well. No disrespect to irion county but their defense pass or run is horrible. Buena vista and Spur scored 30 plus on them. Look what Westbrook did to both of those teams. Go back and study Westbrook from the first week to now. Westbrook is barely scratching their playbook. Everyone has said WB can’t pass the ball, or they can’t replace one of the strongest arms from last year. Well I think 31 has proved himself. 31 is approaching 1000 passing yards with two running backs around 1500 yards a piece. Ok I get it maybe their is kids out their that have more yards. But no one did that against the strength of schedule WB did. Happy, Jonesboro, Spur, Garden City twice, Rankin twice, Buena Vista.
I said this the first time Westbrook played rankin. The game was not as close as the scoreboard had it. Westbrooks kicking game was not good at all. We missed failed on 6 attempts giving up 12 points. Everyone wanted this to be the 2.0 version but WB was not satisfied with the first game.

Rankin Commentators didn’t help matters when they made the comment last week, this is the best offensive line in the state. Our boys loved it. Oh by the way they are not.

The interview with the rankin kid saying Westbrook better be ready. Guess what more fuel. We Ready, We Ready, We Ready for y’all. Lol

All the ranking groups out their that jumped on the rankin band wagon. Do us a favor and stay off the Westbrook train. We are packed and it’s standing room only.

That’s why you don’t look at previous games to compare, if you were to do that you would see IC gave up 60 points to BV and 38 to spur.
I would also see the fact that IC put up 80 on both of them. Sometimes it not "how" but "how many"
2 teams Westbrook literally dismantled so I would not go by previous games anymore lol.
So that means I shouldn't look at the results of the Westbrook/Happy game from last year or week 1 this season then

I'm not trying to disrespect Westbrook at all by my predictions. If they win state, I'll be happy for them winning back to back. At the end of the day, these kids don't play on paper, they play on the field

And I'm glad that you're stating these facts to defend Westbrook. I didn't know all of this because stats aren't easy to come by in sixman (at least to me). Their strength of schedule is highly impressive and should be #1 ranked after being Rankin. This schedule is honestly the second hardest I've seen (behind 2020 Sterling City)

Back