2022 early predictions

I believe he's at Benjamin. To answer the question you have, probably not. Benjamin is in this weird triangle between Abilene, WF, and Lubbock, all of them being more than an hour away. So I think it is safe to say Benjamin won't have a lot of cover until the season scrimmages roll around.
From the fence:

DCTF changed their official rankings because he left. Strawn was #1 in D2, Rigdon leaves and Benjamin jumps to #1 in D2 and Strawn falls to #5 in D2. They talked about it on the podcast today. Greg literally said Strawn was pre-season #1 in D2 only because of Rigdon, they lost every one else and when he left they dropped to #5. He also hinted they should have dropped lower but idk. Lee is a hell of a coach and I see Strawn possibly making waves down in D2.

I believe he's at Benjamin. To answer the question you have, probably not. Benjamin is in this weird triangle between Abilene, WF, and Lubbock, all of them being more than an hour away. So I think it is safe to say Benjamin won't have a lot of cover until the season scrimmages roll around.
Your Wrong when you have the states reigning Player of the Year and a #1 ranking you will have coverage. But if y’all need updates on how things are going I’ll be here all season.

From the fence:

DCTF changed their official rankings because he left. Strawn was #1 in D2, Rigdon leaves and Benjamin jumps to #1 in D2 and Strawn falls to #5 in D2. They talked about it on the podcast today. Greg literally said Strawn was pre-season #1 in D2 only because of Rigdon, they lost every one else and when he left they dropped to #5. He also hinted they should have dropped lower but idk. Lee is a hell of a coach and I see Strawn possibly making waves down in D2.
I saw that on the podcast and I know #5 might seem too low to some and too high for others. Like you said, coach Lee is one of the best six man coaches right now. We’ll see how prepared he is for another state championship run in a few weeks

Your Wrong when you have the states reigning Player of the Year and a #1 ranking you will have coverage. But if y’all need updates on how things are going I’ll be here all season.
1. It kills me to see your instead of you’re. Nothing personal
2. I’m not saying they won’t have coverage NOW. I’m just saying with Benjamin being located where they are, the bigger cities are more likely covering them on in articles and not video highlights. I hope I’m with that statement but until I see it, the most coverage they’ll get is on this website then probably the Vernon and Haskell papers

From the Fence:

Easy Seabiscuit.....you're not the only program with the States reigning MVP. Wait, I forgot we have two. The reigning All State MVP and the reigning All State Defensive MVP and a #1 preseason ranking, but that ranking really doesn't mean alot, (just ask May). I mean they have to give it to somebody, Right?
Coverage doesn't matter, be humble and enjoy the ride. I'm sure everyone will be talking about Benjamin throughout the year. All that really matters is what they say about them in December.

I saw that on the podcast and I know #5 might seem too low to some and too high for others. Like you said, coach Lee is one of the best six man coaches right now. We’ll see how prepared he is for another state championship run in a few weeks
I'm sure he's prepared, sure wish we were playing them again this year in preseason but our plate is pretty full.

From the Fence:

…… a #1 preseason ranking, but that ranking really doesn't mean alot, (just ask May). I mean they have to give it to somebody, Right?
The preseason rankings are usually pretty darned accurate. The part that can’t be predicted is injuries. If the May stud hadn’t been hurt the outcome could have been way different. If Westbrook stud had been injured the outcome would have been different. RS can testify to those scenarios. Haustin Burkhart’s broken leg in 09, and Walker Tippie blowing out his knee in 17.

The preseason rankings are usually pretty darned accurate. The part that can’t be predicted is injuries. If the May stud hadn’t been hurt the outcome could have been way different. If Westbrook stud had been injured the outcome would have been different. RS can testify to those scenarios. Haustin Burkhart’s broken leg in 09, and Walker Tippie blowing out his knee in 17.
From the Fence:

Agree to disagree on the rankings, they are glorified guesses and honestly do not make a team any better or any worse.
And I'm not even gonna go into semantics about injuries and wins and losses. I do recall a "stud" for Water Valley who got injured and probably would have changed the outcome of the playoff game against May, but we will never know now will we......

Last edited:
From the Fence:

Agree to disagree on the rankings, they are glorified guesses and honestly do not make a team any better or any worse.
And I'm not even gonna go into semantics about injuries and wins and losses. I do recall a "stud" for Water Valley who got injured and probably would have changed the outcome of the playoff game against May, but we will never know now will we......
I went to all of the Water Valley playoff games last season. Would he have changed the outcome of the May game? Yes. Would Water Valley beat May if he played? Maybe, May was still a damn good football team last year. But what happened to the “next man up” mentality? If a player getting hurt affects for team negatively, that’s a problem. An example of a team stepping up is Happy, they had players hurt but they forged on to the semis.

I totally agree with you on rankings being a glorified guess. If we look at last year, Happy and Water Valley weren’t in the top 10 to start last season. Westbrook was #4 behind Sterling City and they ended state champs beating SC twice.

For the record, Saint Jo will win district 10 and Union Hill will be the runner up. I respect the OP for giving his opinion.

So you still think Rigdon will be there? Asking for a friend 😂
I talked to him tonite at Mary's cafe. He said he will be in Benjamin and hoped he would see us at Jerry's world at 5he end of the play-offs. Shs2015 you are the worst loser I have ever seen. Get over it, he is staying in Benjamin.

tumblr_owwyq2HFJh1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

I don't know if Rigdon's in Benjamin, Strawn, or wherever, but the bickering about where he's gonna be is certainly entertaining.

Back