104.9 new sixman limit

patriotpaul

11-man fan
Just read in Amarillo paper that the uil now has 6 divisions. Lowest division is sixman 1a. Limit is 104.9 for enrollment. Did I read this right.

Also had an article that Booker was at 104. There coach said there was no way they would play sixman. He said he would "never" coach sixman. Maybe he isn't capable?? Just saying.

Tigerpower":2actm2x6 said:
Also had an article that Booker was at 104. There coach said there was no way they would play sixman. He said he would "never" coach sixman. Maybe he isn't capable?? Just saying.

Pride goeth before the fall.... seems I always was hearing how Nazareth would never play 6 man ball.

Have a couple of seasons where you have to cancel games because of injured players or some 0-10, 1-9 years and the tune changes.

Seriously, if I were in one of those schools on the bubble still playing 11 man (aka crowded field football), I'd probably stay there until numbers and competition made it impossible for my school to compete at that level. But it sure would be nice if some of those commie-pinko non-football schools made the choice to play 6 man.

It's amazing how much more proud the 11 man towns are. A guy on facebook showed a pic of some guys moving the goal posts in White Deer. His caption read "Sad day." I argued with for three days about how six man is the better game. I dont know if I convinced them or not. I dont get why these towns that are dropping down think it is such a disgrace. In my opinion, its better than not playing football at all. But like I told them, six man is REAL FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

Every school that has went from 11 to 6 man faces this. I think it is more reality slapping them in the face and they finally realized that their beloved small town in withering away. Some reluctantly went, others embraced it. many of those schools had never played anything but 11 man. Places like Jayton, Garden City, Rankin, Knox City, and Sterling City still had guys who had played 6 man when they were in school when they faced reality and went back. I bet Booker still has some citizens who remember playing 6 man in the 50's, just like Nazareth did.

My senior year 2003 Chilton had the option to play sixman or stay at 11 man they stayed 11 man and did good as usual but were in our basketball district I believe if they would have dropped they might have given their old rival Calvet another team that dropped a run for their money on the title that season

My senior year 2003 Chilton had the option to play sixman or stay at 11 man they stayed 11 man and did good as usual but were in our basketball district I believe if they would have dropped they might have given their old rival Calvet another team that dropped a run for their money on the title that season

Funny you mention Chilton.

They started laying the astro turff on their field today. The contractors came in the day school let out and started getting things ready. I saw the new rolls of turf laid up by the goal posts this morning.

Wow, five days before 2-a-days, and they're just now putting the turf down?

Also, weird they are using astro-turf....I thought that stuff wasn't used anymore.

Wow, five days before 2-a-days, and they're just now putting the turf down?

Also, weird they are using astro-turf....I thought that stuff wasn't used anymore.

It could be something diffrent, I just know its in 50-70ft rolls, wrapped up in white plastic.

They had the heavy equipment rollers out this morning, packing in the sub base. I'm suprised I didnt see Cowboy out there drinking coffee. haha

topher80":2l0reooo said:
You also eat ghost peppers. Mountain Dew and Super Hots. You're a legend Mr. Cowboy. ;)
The ghost peppers may have to wait a couple of days. My stomach needs a break. The last 2 peppers I ate were pure evil.

Back