You gotta earn respect

SeeingStars

11-man fan
Lets see...WCS is 12 point Dogs to Harrold. we are averaging 3oo yards a game offense, 45 points a game, Chillicothe beats us by 2 TDS yet they beat harrold by 66...Harrold has a total of -2 yards offense for the season...thats right, -2...and we are the underdogs

respect is something our boys are just going to have to earn this year. C Town respects us even though they got the win...Azle respects us after our victory on their home turf...we will see if Harrold will respect us after Friday...

I will say this...by the end of the season we will have earned respect from many more...and withen 2 years...well, just hang around and see...

"Smile and wave boys, smile and wave"

Yea, that is pretty much how it goes. Especially with small private schools like yours and mine. Heck, we are trying to earn respect of our own school and fans after these past few seasons being not so great. Even then, our school won't spend the money to put up lights because its not certain we can even field a team each year. It's not easy being small for sure, then being private schools.. most opponents either scoff or laugh at you, some publics do anyway. With that said, I wouldnt trade the moments I have shared with my teamates for the world. We may not be beating ppl left and right, going to state, or anything like that. It's about the love of the game, the willingness to press on when no one thinks you can. This year we only had 7 ppl come out initially, our coach asked us if we wanted to play and continue the season with only 7. Not one of us said "no, it would be too hard lets not play." It was unanimous.. we were gonna have a season no matter the circumstances. Now we have 10 players and we are working our tails off to get things rolling for our teams future. I may not be around after this year, but I hope the '07 team is the stepping stone to a legacy of winning.

So press on, earn the respect that you deserve. Lord knows all teams like ours yearn and fight for it. But at the end of the day, it comes down to the memories you made with your coaches and teamates. Sometimes we lose ourselves in the politics, the competiveness. We must remember we are playing the funnest and greatest game in the world!

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhiliration of victory!"

Best of luck to all teams big and small this season and I pray for the safety of all players, especially the seniors out there playing their last seasons.

We are the Wichita Christian School Stars...and as far as your congratulations, well, thank you...I guess

my point in the whole thread was one of respect not being given to a tapps school just because we were playing a UIL school. There was no reason whatsoever that we should have been 12 point dogs in this game...the score proved my point

The reason for the spreads being the way they are is Granger's mathematical rankings. They're not supposed to be that accurate until about mid-year, so don't take them too seriously. :) The spreads aren't based on a general opinion. More than anything it's based on records and performances from LAST year. The rankings will probably be sorted out by the time District comes around in a few weeks.

Back