Wishing the best in Playoffs.

BVLHMOM

11-man fan
I would like to wish the Cowboys and Bears the best going into the playoffs. They deserve it and hope you can make it far. Good Luck and hold nothing back.

(round 1) Balmorhea vs. Grandfalls in Balmorhea. (round 2) Balmorhea vs. Grandfalls in the playoffs. Just like last year.

Sticking with the running game sounds good and all. but the passing game is what sets up the running game, and vice versa. can't have one without the other. otherwise teams will just blitz all night and shut that down right away. I think that's why Grandfalls has been so successful; because of their ability to pass well.

True. But Balmorhea was moving the ball like nothing and then trying to pass the ball in to the end zone. But that game is over. I guess he was just trying new stuff to see what would work for round two in the playoffs if they make it to round two. We know Grandfalls will.

Absolutely agree that everyone wants to see GFR and Balmorhea put their 'best foot forward' as they move into the playoffs. Having seen every team in District 6, II play at least once this year my guess is that the outcome of a Round 3 rematch between these 2 schools will not be a lot different than the first time around if both are healthy. Grandfalls is simply head and shoulders above the other teams in the district. Sanderson and Balmorhea are pretty much equal and Buena Vista is just a notch below. Any of these 3 teams on any given night has the ability to beat the other, but I do not think you could take the best 4 players off of all 3 teams and have much of a chance of beating GFR. Had the pleasure of seeing the great game last week between Balmorhea and Sanderson and drove out of town wondering what the outcome might have been had Sanderson's #19 had not sustained an injury on the last play of the first half that resulted in it looking like he was playing with 1 arm the entire second half. Do not know what the injury actually was or how serious it was but it appeared he played in a lot of pain the entire 2nd half. Saw Sanderson play more than once this season and clearly #19 was pretty much the 'heart & soul' of the team and without him at full strength they struggled. Does anybody know if the injury carried forward into last night's game against Grandfalls? Even though I never had any reason to believe that Sanderson would win the game 64-0 was surprising.

Bears":ydhq5bhu said:
True. But Balmorhea was moving the ball like nothing and then trying to pass the ball in to the end zone. But that game is over. I guess he was just trying new stuff to see what would work for round two in the playoffs if they make it to round two. We know Grandfalls will.

I think...that if there is a coach in this great state, coaching this great game, that the Man at Balmorhea is the last one that needs to be second guessed. I think Coach Jones has plenty of experience and he has proven he knows how to win football games. I honestly can't believe anyone would actually insinuate that they know more about what to do than Coach Jones.

Good luck to both teams in the playoffs. The Shorthorns are behind you and hoping for two long runs by both teams.

Coach Jones is a good coach. That's why Balmorhea is in the playoffs. Good luck to y'all in yalls big game vs. fort Davis

Well said coach jones. if coach jones is passing in the end zone, there's probably a good reason. But looking at 'bears' previous posts it looks like they're a fan of #21 from balmorhea. So it would make sense that they favor the run game.

Back