Who will it be?

Shad Kline

Six-man fan
Ok, before games start being played, now that we have seen what some teams can do. Who is everyone's pick to make it to the playoffs. Some of these are pretty tough to pick.

My picks, starting with DI District 1, winner first, runner up second.

1. Happy, Nazareth
2. Valley, Spur
3. Anton, Meadow
4. BC, Klondike
5. GC, Rankin
6. SC, WV
7. Ira, Hermleigh
8. Crowell, KC
9. Newcastle, Tioga
10. Gordon, May
11. Zephyr, SA
12. Rochelle, Eden
13. Blum, Aquilla
14. Abbott, Coolidge
15. Savoy, Campbell
16. Chester, Apple Springs

DII
1. Follett, Lefors
2. Groom, McLean
3. Cotton Center, Kress
4. Southland, Whitharral
5. Balmorhea, Sierra Blanca
6. Buena Vista, Sands
7. Loraine, Blackwell
8. Rising Star, Blanket
9. Paducah, Motley County
10. Jayton, LA
11. Chillicothe, Harrold
12. Throckmorton, Forestburg
13. RS, Mullin
14. Jonesboro, WS
15. Mount Calm, Oakwood
16. Calvert, High Island

Hate to admit it, but I agree for all except DIV. 1- Dist. 13.....unless Aquilla pulls out something unseen from their bag of tricks, either Gholson or Covington probably will beat them.

Cougarfan13":26htq61s said:
Hate to admit it, but I agree for all except DIV. 1- Dist. 13.....unless Aquilla pulls out something unseen from their bag of tricks, either Gholson or Covington probably will beat them.
This is tough to say, because I have a son playing for Aquilla, but I think Gholson will take 2nd.

CowboyP":eatm1ljm said:
Cougarfan13":eatm1ljm said:
This is tough to say, because I have a son playing for Aquilla, but I think Gholson will take 2nd.

I know you know the game well friend. But tell him to believe and tell his fellow players heart and faith can sometimes work miracles. A fumble, an interception, a great catch, or a penalty can change a game.

51eleven":cye3rfzs said:
CowboyP":cye3rfzs said:
Cougarfan13":cye3rfzs said:

I know you know the game well friend. But tell him to believe and tell his fellow players heart and faith can sometimes work miracles. A fumble, an interception, a great catch, or a penalty can change a game.
I told him they need to play as a team and everyone give 100%.

Shad Kline":3lw72gty said:
Ok, before games start being played, now that we have seen what some teams can do. Who is everyone's pick to make it to the playoffs. Some of these are pretty tough to pick.

My picks, starting with DI District 1, winner first, runner up second.

1. Happy, Nazareth
2. Valley, Spur
3. Anton, Meadow
4. BC, Klondike
5. GC, Rankin
6. SC, WV
7. Ira, Hermleigh
8. Crowell, KC
9. Newcastle, Tioga
10. Gordon, May
11. Zephyr, SA
12. Rochelle, Eden
13. Blum, Aquilla
14. Abbott, Coolidge
15. Savoy, Campbell
16. Chester, Apple Springs

DII
1. Follett, Lefors
2. Groom, McLean
3. Cotton Center, Kress
4. Southland, Whitharral
5. Balmorhea, Sierra Blanca
6. Buena Vista, Sands
7. Loraine, Blackwell
8. Rising Star, Blanket
9. Paducah, Motley County
10. Jayton, LA
11. Chillicothe, Harrold
12. Throckmorton, Forestburg
13. RS, Mullin
14. Jonesboro, WS
15. Mount Calm, Oakwood
16. Calvert, High Island

So in DII East district 16 # 1 would play district 15 # 2. I.E. Calvert -Oakwood? If this is the correct formula districts 13 - 16 could get interesting in a hurry. Could require some travel.

I disagree strongly with div I, district 14. I think Milford is a force to be reckoned with. you guys might look at there two losses (Jonesboro and Oakwood) and count them out. Please don't. They lost to power house Jonesboro by 12 points and early in the 4th quarter they had a 10 point lead. (The comeback happened after star Quarterback Tyler got hurt and was out for the remainder of the game. but Milford dominated that game for the most part.) And when they lost to Oakwood they had several key players out, and several players playing injured. Milford has a lot of talent but they are young... but you can never count out a team coached by Ronny Crumpton. Remember 2013? This could be round 2.

Hornetpower":2d7paryw said:
Lometa is just now starting to put everything together. Its going to be a dog fight between the whole district.
They still have a loooong way to go. Us beating Mullin aint a good indication of putting everything together.

YoungTexasKId":2gper1lc said:
I disagree strongly with div I, district 14. I think Milford is a force to be reckoned with. you guys might look at there two losses (Jonesboro and Oakwood) and count them out. Please don't. They lost to power house Jonesboro by 12 points and early in the 4th quarter they had a 10 point lead. (The comeback happened after star Quarterback Tyler got hurt and was out for the remainder of the game. but Milford dominated that game for the most part.) And when they lost to Oakwood they had several key players out, and several players playing injured. Milford has a lot of talent but they are young... but you can never count out a team coached by Ronny Crumpton. Remember 2013? This could be round 2.
Not picking them to win is not the same as "counting them out". I don't think anyone who knows anything about 6 man football would ever count out a team such as Milford. Y'all ain't quite off the radar yet hoss, people are a watchin' and watchin' ya close.

Back