Where is Tyler E.

sixmanness

11-man fan
I know sixman ball and have seen some incredible players in my time.

Here's a small list: Jamie Humphrey, Dwayne Mile, Pete Solis, Clay Furguson, Allen Lancaster and the list can continue

Long story short, when I moved back to Texas, i of course had to get back into watching SIXMAN. All i ever heard was the name Tyler E. and that "You have to watch this kid play"

So i went and watched this kid play....Couldn't believe my eyes, how one player had such an impact on a game. This kid was a beast and dominated!!

I seen a lot of high school 11man ball aswell and have yet to see a player like him in any Class 4A school and below that has the skills this kid had . Which bring up the BIG question? where is this kid now?

I've read some posts in the past that reference he played ball in sul ross, played arena ball, going to school to be a football coach, works at KFC, and here recently that he's doing action movies in H-wood.

Truth is, no one ever really answers the question? Why? Or is this a subject no one cares to comment about?

Perhaps I'm beating a dead horse here and will not get an answer???? Regardless of what this kid is doing, it was amazing watching him play ball!!! He will go down in history as the BEST that ever played SIXMAN FOOTBALL.

I cannot answer the question about where Tyler is now. I would like to comment on the post.

There is no doubt in my mind that Tyler was one of the best or the best that has ever played the game. There are a lot of good players that I never saw play. Of all the ones that I did see play, and I have been around for a good while, Tyler was without a doubt the best that I ever witnessed on the six-man field. I saw some of the ones who went on to University level play, and I believe that Tyler was better.

As far as I know,Tyler respected all that he ever met, and especially his elders. I always respected him for never letting any of his glory go to his head. But, the attribute that I was most impressed with about Tyler was the fact that he was completely humble about all of his accomplishments, bar none. It did not matter where he was, whether just after winning a big game, or meeting him in the aisle at Walmart, if I mentioned anything about his play or an accomplishment, he never, ever, took the credit for it. He always gave the glory to God, his teammates, and his coaches.

I just wish that there could be more like him in the future.

Tyler was without a doubt one of the best sixman players of all time, I saw him play a couple times, Im not sure who the coach was at the time or if it is the same coach they have now? But from what I saw that sticks out most is a very disciplined team that had the best downfield blocking I have ever seen, and Tyler followed his blockers and ran off his blocks and broke away not to late not to soon but at precisely the perfect time to score or get the absolute most yards possible everytime he carried the ball, better than any sixman player I've ever seen. I also watched dewayne miles play, and down field blocking wasn't real necessary because he could out run, run thru, or run over anyone on the opposing team. It's hard to say who was better they were totally different types of atheletes that were equally effective in sixman football, which would explain the multiple state championships in each players highschool careers. As for the comparison of Tyler to 4a player is like comparing apples to oranges, we never saw Tyler play 11 man at a 4a level, nor the better of the 4a players play against sixman defenses. Could Tyler have dominated 1a, 2a, 3a, or 4a 11 man at a state championship level ? Im certain he would not have. Could a top notch 4a qb dominate sixman football at a state championship level? Most likely.

in respect to the comment about young men and their actions and dedication... i see alot of kids from alot of small towns most in west texas that i know that they are going to be the backbone of our country in the future. they may not be the star even on their own teams but they have the hearts of Lions the morals that are un questioned the leadership from within.. they are the young men that block, run, tackle, throw, catch, and yes kick for their team even when their team might not have been on the winning side of the game... most will never know the blood sweat and tears that these young men give everyday not for their own glory but that for their brothers, their team.. that we can go sit in the stands as the young men of fall leave it all on the field on Friday Night yes Under the Lights..

I bet if 6 Man football was played at the college level they would have an answer. Even at the Jr. College level :)

Well, to answer whare he done iz, iz hiz dang bidness to share, but as fer hiz ability, he wuz simply the best. Everbody done points to the offensive numbers as hiz secret to greatness, but he wuz even better on defense. I have seen bigger players, faster players and stronger players, but I ain't never seen on with better instincts. He done knowd fore he knowd. The one play that done stands out in my mind iz the '06 state game with Rule. Richland iz up by 12 and Rule got the ball bout midfield. Pitch to Salsalito I think and it iz fumbled. From safety position Tyler done jumps on the ball like a duck on a june bug. If yew watch it one film the uther 11 fellers on the field look like they iz in slow motion while Tyler iz at bout 64x. Richland goes and scores, up 20, and the game iz over for all practical purposes.

I'm not a fan of the substandard times, but that just might be the best article they ever put in print. I feel privileged that I got to see him and his surrounding cast numerous times over the years. By the way, did TE long jump? Holy smoke at that picture of him crossing the goal line!

SimplyPut":cov68qto said:
I'm not a fan of the substandard times, but that just might be the best article they ever put in print. I feel privileged that I got to see him and his surrounding cast numerous times over the years. By the way, did TE long jump? Holy smoke at that picture of him crossing the goal line!
20100819-195031-pic-705799968_t607.jpg

I only got to see him play one game. 2007 against a very very good Blum team. He was a very good 6-man football player. Although they 45'd Blum that game it was a game that he was able to pack a whole games worth of highlights in to. I'm proud I got to see him play that year. He will be one of the best players ever in 6 man for many decades to come. Hope he's doing well wherever he's at.

Back