Where does Strawn stand?

BigFan22

11-man fan
We know McLean beat them, but I’m curious I It was a case of “McLean is better than expected” or “Strawn is not as good as we thought”. Can anyone who was at the game give some clarity? I have trouble believing McLean is this talented, but I haven’t seen them so I don’t know! How do they stack up against Borden County? Is Happy on a down year? So many questions!

Also, shout out to Sixmania for broadcasting the games!

I have no doubt that Strawn will be standing in AT&T stadium in December. They have just had a really good wakeup call and their coaches just might have their attention again.

McLean is real. Strawn is amazingly fast and should be really good. McLean's size just wore Strawn down in my opinion. Happy is not the team it was last year but Ira also looked pretty good. From talk of people who have seen Borden (what I was told, not what I have seen) is that Borden is also not near as good this year. If McLean is healthy, they will be tough to beat.

Yeah, me thinks Happy is down, and loss of a coach is tough. Borden County is always going to be tough to beat. I think this might be the first year in awhile Valley misses playoffs. Going to be a wild ride.

BigFan22":2o8lbwhj said:
Yeah, me thinks Happy is down, and loss of a coach is tough. Borden County is always going to be tough to beat. I think this might be the first year in awhile Valley misses playoffs. Going to be a wild ride.
Yes I was thinking the same thing this weekend about Valley. When was the last time Valley missed the playoffs? Does anyone know?

Strawn will be fine. McLean is just better than they were getting credit for. They dominated everyone last year except Happy, and have almost their entire team back. Strawn's spreadback is VERY fast, and will be tough to stop the rest of the year. Happy is WAY down this year. McLean literally scored almost every play in their scrimmage with them, and Happy couldn't gain a yard. Happy will still be competitive against average teams, but will not compete with the top level teams. On another note, Valley and WD will be a great week 11 game for the 2 seed in District 1-1A with the loser missing the playoffs. A good team will be left out from that district!

Yeah but I really am pulling for Valley, would sure be weird to see that playoff streak end. Still will never understand why they let Tyler walk.

BuffaloCountry":2sai8d91 said:
BigFan22":2sai8d91 said:
Yes I was thinking the same thing this weekend about Valley. When was the last time Valley missed the playoffs? Does anyone know?

1998, their next to last year in 11 man.

Old Bearkat":3tmixkh0 said:
BuffaloCountry":3tmixkh0 said:
BigFan22":3tmixkh0 said:

1998, their next to last year in 11 man.
Holy cow! What a streak they have going on

Iredell beat Lometa, # 48 in D1. Never saw a score vs Avalon. Jonesboro's always tough the last several years but really, who else might beat you? Strawn's got a tough row to hoe. They could be upset again, we'll just have to see. See ya down the road, maybe.

Playing Borden County wouldn't be an upset. In fact I expect Strawn to lose that game too. Strawn is playing a much tougher schedule than Iredell, losses will tend to be thrown out of the window when it comes to their ranking.

Strawn stands where they left off from last year. As the best team in Div.2. There's no reason to take anything away from them. They're still gonna make a run for State, possibly even win it again. They lost to a Top 5 team. A legit contender last year and a heavy favorite to win it all this year. Its not really an upset imo.

McLean is better than expected when you know nothing about them. Now dont take this as me taking a shot at you, I'm just saying not knowing them. You will see them that way but this is a team with size who returned several talented players. The only surprise to me was the score. I expected it to be closer.

Ares":43vw6sqh said:
Strawn stands where they left off from last year. As the best team in Div.2. There's no reason to take anything away from them. They're still gonna make a run for State, possibly even win it again. They lost to a Top 5 team. A legit contender last year and a heavy favorite to win it all this year. Its not really an upset imo.

McLean is better than expected when you know nothing about them. Now dont take this as me taking a shot at you, I'm just saying not knowing them. You will see them that way but this is a team with size who returned several talented players. The only surprise to me was the score. I expected it to be closer.

Astute comments. McLean vs U Hill for D1?

51eleven":14yxwaza said:
Ares":14yxwaza said:

Astute comments. McLean vs U Hill for D1?

I will say vs Milford, if the Milford players learn a little more self-control.

Back