When will we have Football?

This is all good stuff convo. It has already been tough on communities and I agree it is here to stay. We cannot start something and cancel every two weeks because of a case of Covid. I don't want to be insensitive as one of my close friend's father was identified as positive last week. I think we move forward with athletics and school the best we can. Take the safety measures that we are already doing for summer workouts. We ordered 300 Plexi-glass for our students and each student will get one for their desk. We amp up the custodial and janitorial staff a little bit once the school year starts and we move forward. Kids are going to be kids and hang out with their friends and there is nothing we can do about it. Again hang out with their friends during any stay in shelter EO by Abbott. It happened in March and April and it will happen in July, August and so forth.

Let's be proactive! If 20 out of 25 football players test positive then that is another type of conversation to have.

We are in this together, we can have Zoom meeting to discuss some of the protocols that we implementing and such. We can get this done but we need to work together and the ADMINISTRATION needs to be ON BOARD. That is a tough one though.

Old Bearkat":1o9bbqiw said:
You have a better chance of dying from the regular flu than you do from the Wu flu.

That is completely false. Covid-19 is far deadlier.

What's the big deal in moving football to the spring? Let the boys play baseball and run track in the fall because there is a lot less chance of transmission than a contact sport like football. I don't see it a big deal when the lives of parents and grandparents are at stake. It'd be strange as heck but working together to come up with a solution to ensure the safety of all citizens of the great state of Texas is paramount at the moment.

topher800":2mv9myf9 said:
Old Bearkat":2mv9myf9 said:
You have a better chance of dying from the regular flu than you do from the Wu flu.

That is completely false. Covid-19 is far deadlier.

What's the big deal in moving football to the spring? Let the boys play baseball and run track in the fall because there is a lot less chance of transmission than a contact sport like football. I don't see it a big deal when the lives of parents and grandparents are at stake. It'd be strange as heck but working together to come up with a solution to ensure the safety of all citizens of the great state of Texas is paramount at the moment.

Almost 50% of the wuflu deaths were in nursing homes AND over 70% of those were in New York/NJ/Pa where the local politicians ordered the nursing homes to accept admissions of old folks who had the virus. Of all wuflu deaths, over 80% were in folks over the age of 70 who had other complications. I have a son and nephew whop are firemen/paramedics and both are disgusted by the outright fraud committed by almost all local authorities in designating deaths the last 3 months. Both have been told to shut up about cases they were intimately involved in where the death was ruled "due to COVID-19". One was a motorcycle wreck by a drunk where he was killed by decapitation, but since he had wuflu antibodies, the coroner ruled his death was from that, and not the sudden stop. The other thing is that the tests they were using the first 6-8 weeks had a very high false positive rate, but that was ignored and even if the patient dies from other causes, it was ruled to be from the CCP virus. This was repeated thousands of times all over the US from the information they both got off the informal network of firemen they are plugged into.

Outdoor activities are not a major spreader of the virus, as it is easily killed by UV light from the sun and the transmission rate is lower than the flu.

I do hold the Chinese Communist Party responsible for letting this loose in the wild. It was an engineered virus that they deliberately let loose on their own citizens and then actively encouraged the spread to other nations.

I also DO NOT trust the statistics on wuflu deaths from governments at ALL levels. They have been caught lying too many times and when caught in their lies, double down by lying again.

Spring football is impractical for numerous reasons:

1. The state basketball tournament isn't until mid March. Most of the athletes at our level participate in both. Due to the nature of the sport, football takes some time (about 4 weeks in my opinion) to prepare for physically and mentally. How could football start in mid April and not finish until the middle of the summer? How can we keep kids engaged after school is out and some of them have graduated? The best athletes who are planning on playing at the college level would probably not play into the summer.
2. How could kids finish the season then turn around and start two a days a few weeks later?
3. How could equipment get re certified/reconditioned in time?
4. Our football gate alone helps support multiple programs. If football was to played in the spring/summer on a permanent basis where would the fall athletic revenue come from? This would be a much greater issue at the 5A-6A level where teams like at Allen and Permian bring in 15,00-20,00 every Friday night.

I can list some more reasons but hopefully this makes sense already.

If we continue to let the supposed experts control our activities we will be all sitting at home twiddling our fingers this time next year too. Fear is their message and we need to get past that. The sky is Not Falling so get over it. Our forefathers would have already packed up and left Texas four or five generations ago if Fear dictated their activities. They didn't and we are Here as proof. Play football this fall. Plain and simple. All information we see or hear about seems to be manipulated in some shape or form. Once the election is held most of this hysteria will cease to be news and something else will take its place. Filter out the noise.

Vincent J. Davis":pnv8ohj7 said:
Old Bearkat-

How about we address it as it’s name (COVID-19) and not with that prejudice name you call it.. it is very offensive to the Chinese community and to the great young Chinese men that play our beautiful sport of 6man football..

I see things still haven’t changed on this here site... smh ...

My thoughts: I want a season to happen.. I’ll leave it at that...

- Coach Davis

I did not say it was the Chinese virus, it is the Chinese COMMUNIST PARTY virus, not racist at all. It looks like you have bought into the Chicom propaganda BS about calling the virus after where it originates as racist as they try to deflect responsibility for unleashing it on the world.

BTW...did you know that the term "racist" was invented by that nasty Russian commie Leon Trotsky back in 1919 as a way to rouse minorities in countries targeted by the Soviets for revolution? I have nothing but contempt for those who use that term especially when they are probably projecting their prejudices onto others who they do not like.

Bearkat-

Shut the hell up with that ignorance!!! It’s called (COVID-19)

I have a Chinese player and I will not let old clowns be insensitive to this situation!!! If you ain’t got any RESPECT regarding the Chinese players then you can come to the clinics too next year and tell me something..

Coach Davis, I don’t think the private school you are at, unless you have moved, will appreciate your language and attitude on this website. You have an anger issue or so it seems. Coronavirus, Wu Flu, or whatever it is called is what it is. I think COVID-19, if broken down, stands for something. The C is China or Chinese and 19 is for 2019. Everyone knows who you are and word gets around. These words may come back to haunt you because someone will be afraid of your temper around kids and on the sideline.

Old folks- you want my AD number???

They know how I am!! When it comes to the kids .. all hands off deck bro!!

Who cares if I work at a private school.. I graduated from one too, private school got me to college.. set me up perfectly.. I was able to obtain a Masters degree because of the private school guidance..

I cuss, so what! I SAID WHAT I SAID!! Now y’all wanna talk about respect and what my private school would say or how they would feel... shut the hell up!!!

YALL ARE GOING TO LEARN SOME RESPECT TODAY AND IF INLOSE MY COACHING JOB AT DALLAS LUTHERAN BECAUSE OF THIS THEN OH WELL lol

God will continue taking care of me as he has been doing for years!!

Now anything else you ignorant clown??

Yes, I am angry because of old clowns like you who have no sensitivity towards the Chinese 6man players... if I’m saying it hurts one of my players then why must you idiots not see that??

Like I said, shut the hell up with that ignorance

You don’t have to respect me, but you will show some respect towards my chinese football players and I know that for sure!! I could give two cents if you had any respect for me you old Ignorant clown!!

Vincent J. Davis":2mauxzk6 said:
Bearkat-

Shut the hell up with that ignorance!!! It’s called (COVID-19)

I have a Chinese player and I will not let old clowns be insensitive to this situation!!! If you ain’t got any RESPECT regarding the Chinese players then you can come to the clinics too next year and tell me something..

It is the CCP virus or the WuFlu, or the Chicom virus. That accurately describes the origin of the disease.

My, my, aren't we the touchy one. Did I hurt your widdle feelings?

Study some history sometime snowflake. Not the Howard Zinn communist pap you youngsters have been fed since the 1990's, but the REAL unadulterated hard core history. You will find that you have been lied to repeatedly by your teachers on this.

BTW... based upon folks I know who have worked in China for the last 20 years or so building nuke plants, China is one of the most racially biased nations on the planet. Just ask the Africans they have been mistreating or the Turkic Uighurs they have been chopping up into spare organs.

BTW....Did I ever write about Chinese 6 man players being responsible for the virus? You are engaging in the typical leftist behavior of projecting your own biases onto those you disagree with. Since you have no rational argument based upon facts, you resort to the tired old race card trying to shut up people you disagree with but cannot refute. It does not work with me. Never has, never will, and more of my fellow Americans are coming over to my view on the subject.

Back