When elite players play JV

Status
Not open for further replies.

6manfamily

11-man fan
I’m curious if elite players stuck on jv for whatever reason tend to stand out as elite or do they just look like normal kids? Should a stud player forced to Jv be able to dominate Jv kids? Not trying to talk down on a kid but their is so much chatter about the stud at RS on Jv and how good they will be upon his return but he isn’t really doing that much against Jv kids now. He scores yeah but I’ve seen nothing to suggest he is leading the Yotes anywhere they can get without him or didn’t get last year without his dad. If the Rigdon kids don’t play they don’t even get to oakwood let alone Dallas

The hate is real within you. For the love of everything holy, give it a rest. All you do is come on this site and bitch and moan about things out of your control. You moaned about "ineligible players" at Rochelle. I'm assuming someone proved you wrong on that, since you suddenly stopped complaining about it. So, why are you upset at RS now? You've said before you don't have a dog in the fight, so why so sensitive on what they do there or how they handle things? If you think Li' Burky can't help out the Yotes, you're delusional. The kid is an absolute stud. Now, I will agree with you on the lack of talent if the Rigdon boys don't play.

Morey P.":280tdv74 said:
The hate is real within you. For the love of everything holy, give it a rest. All you do is come on this site and booger and moan about things out of your control. You moaned about "ineligible players" at Rochelle. I'm assuming someone proved you wrong on that, since you suddenly stopped complaining about it. So, why are you upset at RS now? You've said before you don't have a dog in the fight, so why so sensitive on what they do there or how they handle things? If you think Li' Burky can't help out the Yotes, you're delusional. The kid is an absolute stud. Now, I will agree with you on the lack of talent if the Rigdon boys don't play.

You got me wrong the Rochelle thing is still not right but the powers at be (district committee) allowed it so ok.

lil burkey will help sure, and in Jv games he looks like a good player maybe one of better kids out there at the time too, but if you think older rigdon boy or Crockett kid from McLean or Smith kid from milford last year any other proven stud would not shine like stars and lead Jv squads to convincing wins other again st Jv talent your crazy. Hell he will help, pretty sure a extra ref for boxing matches on sideline would help too but not going to get them where they want to be

6manfamily":2rmy2xoq said:
I’m curious if elite players stuck on jv for whatever reason tend to stand out as elite or do they just look like normal kids? Should a stud player forced to Jv be able to dominate Jv kids? Not trying to talk down on a kid but their is so much chatter about the stud at RS on Jv and how good they will be upon his return but he isn’t really doing that much against Jv kids now. He scores yeah but I’ve seen nothing to suggest he is leading the Yotes anywhere they can get without him or didn’t get last year without his dad. If the Rigdon kids don’t play they don’t even get to oakwood let alone Dallas
He was built ford player of the week in 11 man . The kids is good ! He can’t help what’s going on .he just wants to play ball

One _pac2018":3cyl1n8c said:
6manfamily":3cyl1n8c said:
He was built ford player of the week in 11 man . The kids is good ! He can’t help what’s going on .he just wants to play ball
I said he is good and he will help but that town trying to run off the rigdon family with the thoughts of Ilene don’t need them is crazy. If he was elite like top 5-8 in state maybe but he is not. They should try to keep the talented players they have and add a solid lil burkey to them if they want a shot at number 9

Landon is a good all-around player. I watched him play against a pretty fair May JV. He was hands down the best player on the field. Was he dominating? Well, I would have to hedge on that one. He did get tackled pretty often and he did not complete all of his passes. But on the other hand, He was playing against JV kids with JV kids on his team. They did not always catch good passes and they missed blocks sometimes. I expect him to play just as well or maybe better at the varsity level because he will be playing with varsity level players. Where he will make the most difference on RS's team is on defense. They will be a better team because of that! Oh, and by the way May lost that JV game by a little over 20 points. Just for reference.

Blue Bird":1jy1pw1h said:
Landon is a good all-around player. I watched him play against a pretty fair May JV. He was hands down the best player on the field. Was he dominating? Well, I would have to hedge on that one. He did get tackled pretty often and he did not complete all of his passes. But on the other hand, He was playing against JV kids with JV kids on his team. They did not always catch good passes and they missed blocks sometimes. I expect him to play just as well or maybe better at the varsity level because he will be playing with varsity level players. Where he will make the most difference on RS's team is on defense. They will be a better team because of that! Oh, and by the way May lost that JV game by a little over 20 points. Just for reference.

I agree he will definitely help and is a solid player my point was is he the kind of kid that take a decent team to play in Arlington alone or is he the kind of kid need to support with stars you have in place? That is all

Who Cares?

The poor kids not on varsity right now. What difference does it make to anyone outside of Richland Springs ISD at this point?

WILL HE BE ABLE TO PLAY BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS
WHEN THE CIRCUS WAS IN TOWN DID NOT THE UIL RULE HIM OUT FOR 365 CALENDAR DAYS???
AND WHAT ELSE IS THEIR TO DO UNTIL GAME TIME

Not to over simplify the situation, but if the Rigdon boy is so great, then why did RS not steam roll May and barely squeaked by Aquilla? Why does it have to be Burkhart’s son OR the Rigdon kid? Why can’t they play together in unity?

Yew knowd, I done don’t knowd about the whole JV thing or the dominating thing, but I do wonder jest what constertutes an eelite feller? I think it iz a silly discussion, but hey I iz a pretty silly feller. I jest tryin’ to figger out what makes a six man feller an eelite feller. It done seems to me that got to be pretty well-rounded in all aspecks of the game. So I done think yew got to ask a few questions to done figger out whut eelite mite be.

1. Is the feller a team player?
2. Can the feller tackle?
3. Can the feller block?
4. Is the feller a team player?
5. Can the feller throw the ball?
6. Can the feller catch the ball?
7. Is the feller a team player?
8. Can the feller cover in space?
9. Does the feller have football insticks?
10. Does the feller have good speed?
11. Is the feller a team player?

Have I done missed any?

When the Looney barrell is stirred and one of them floats to the top, you can't really expect any sagacious response when questioned or confronted. Sad.

Why are we even talking about this? There are way better kids in the state that deserve the limelight. Oakwood, Blanket and Strawn all have players better than RS best player. They didn't beat down their first two games simply cuz they are overated so badly this year. To be fair though no one talks about The burkheart kid like they do the bigger 3 back they have. From an outsider competitors perspective we only worry if number 4 is gonna play us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back