What's the return of Burkhart 'worth' RS?

Johnny South":1tj6jxyb said:
According to the new rankings, Granger must have decided not to put much value on the return of Burkhart to RS's rating. I believe that it will begin to show up in the rankings more and more as the season progresses. And a huge jump as soon as Landon gets to play. IMO
I don't see anyone slowing down RS if they get by May on the opening game. Aquilla gave RS a real good game last year but RS pulled it out and should do the same this season. The private schools were 45'ed by RS last year and the same thing will happen this year too. Medina, Cherokee, and Rochelle might score a time or two but again will be 45'ed. Is Lohn fielding a team? Getting into the playoffs, if RS plays the same teams this year as last year they don't meet any competition until possibly Calvert, then maybe Oakwood in semifinals?? Then Jerry's World. I wouldn't even think about the rankings. Only concern is possibly only playing eight games going into the playoffs, but other side of that is a rested football team.

RS has been accused of cheating for as long as I can remember, I but have never heard of it actually turning into any substantive. Then again, the UIL likes the Soviet burden of proof rather than the American.

Id love to hear what the accusations are against Richland. From my experience there, everything was on the up and up. My question on the coach recruiting thing. Is a school just supposed to not hire a coach because they have a kid that could be a good athlete? Is a parent supposed to not coach because their kid is a good athlete? I've coached against the new girls basketball coach and she is top notch. She was a quality hire and a top notch candidate for the job. Those that know who I am know that I'm not kissing RS ass because I have both great and terrible ties to Richland.

That's oversimplifying the issue somewhat. Of course kids go with there parents and if they happen to be coaches so be it. It's all the upheaval at one time that brings suspicion. hire one fire one hire another, etc. and there are also some academic and attendance issues to be looked at as well

Wranchman, you talk like you have done a full fledged investigation of the situation. An ex Pinkerton man maybe? Or a former member of the Mueller team?

Dear Monkeywrench,

Yew done figgered it out. The jig iz done up. Yew iz rite. It iz an academic issue. Richland has done done away with 4th grade. If yew iz in 3rd grade yew iz ok. If yew iz in 5th grade yew iz ok. But if yew is in 4th yew will done have to go Bradychelle or San Saba or if yew iz reely hard up...Mullin. We done thought we cud git away with it, but yew done caught us. No Band, no tennis and now, no 4th grade.

So if they were going to say Strawn but transferred to Richland Springs they might not be able to play if daddy wasn't a Coach?

granger":35bh4tj3 said:
This is a serious question. Let's call it crowdsourcing for answers.

What is Jerry Burkhart's return to Richland Springs worth in the ratings? (rating not ranking)

Let's assume his son is eligible (he will be in October) and the Rigdon's play.

Are we talking a 10 point rating swing? 20? 30? 45?

My opinion: somewhere between 10-30

At least 100K my guess. Quite a bit for a sixman town.

wrenchman540":3m1a16ce said:
That's oversimplifying the issue somewhat. Of course kids go with there parents and if they happen to be coaches so be it. It's all the upheaval at one time that brings suspicion. hire one fire one hire another, etc. and there are also some academic and attendance issues to be looked at as well

Comrade Wrenchman,

Well done, comrade! Who needs the presumption of innocence when you can find people guilty just because something seems "suspicious" in an arbitrary and capricious sense. I think you would agree, comrade, that we should make the Burkharts comfess to their crimes; Then rule that not only can Landon never play again, but Jerry can never coach again. Anything to further the revolution, my comrade!

Well the UIL will only hear this if the districts the ones coming from and going to don't sign the PAPF. Then testimony wii becheard and board will decide. If grades and attendance are good both parents (unless divorced and custody illegal) reside in district when school starts then they should be legal to play game one. This is nothing new to football when “little southwest conference”was going strong whomever had the most money to hire both parents got the kids aka Odessa Permium
,midland as illegal as it could be morally but According to guidelines then couldn’t prevent it. It’s a shame that coaches and parents put their kids in a situation for the sake of winning. But that’s the way it goes today for some WIN AT ALL COSTS. But who is to say it’s wrong since not many remember a loser!

Instead of discussing Burkhart's worth to RS, the question should be if Burkhart would have returned without the Rigdon boys?? Probably not.

Texlonghorn75":1qel2n3a said:
Instead of discussing Burkhart's worth to RS, the question should be if Burkhart would have returned without the Rigdon boys?? Probably not.

You think he planned it all out? I’ll get my old school to fire the AD and give me his job, that way he will keep his boys here to play for me?? I’m almost certain he had to know their was a very high chance coach Rigdon would take his boys and find a new job!! The people on here with these crazy theories blow my mind

6manfamily":34b15iki said:
Texlonghorn75":34b15iki said:

You think he planned it all out? I’ll get my old school to fire the AD and give me his job, that way he will keep his boys here to play for me?? I’m almost certain he had to know their was a very high chance coach Rigdon would take his boys and find a new job!! The people on here with these crazy theories blow my mind
Burkhart had all his ducks in a row when he came back or he would have found greener pastures elsewhere. That's not a theory and you might be spending too much time out in the sun. Go ahead and fire the AD.

Back