what would happen if...

bearded_hobo

11-man fan
if two teams go into over time in the playoffs or the state game would it in to over time after over time untill one team wins in over time or would it go down as a tie and both teams are out of the playoffs and both share the state title? i know the nfl and college would keep going but would the refs have to call it a draw sence its a sport for minors?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but, personally, I've Benin two doubly OT games in the playoffs. And, if I remember right, I think I've seen a 5OT game a few years back in the playoffs.

High School and College overtime rules are the same. Each team starts with the ball and tries to score, the other team gets a shot. If neither scores the first OT, then second OT goes. This continues until someone has a higher point total

lifegatesports":3m77m912 said:
Didn't a couple of East Texas crowded field schools go into a 12th OT game sometime a couple years back?
October 29/30 2010
"The Jacksonville Indians beat the Nacogdoches Dragons 84-81 in 12 overtimes.
The game in Nacogdoches lasted five hours and 21 minutes.
Nacogdoches felt it had to win by 7 or more points to help secure a playoff spot in the district tie-breaker.
So the Dragons would skip chances to win by kicking an extra point just to keep the game alive.
It finally ended at 12:51am Saturday"
http://www.ketknbc.com/sports/friday-fo ... -overtimes
It kind of overlooks the fact you can't kick the PAT after the second OT.
Does that work just the opposite in 6-man, you have to try to kick it?

The rule states that teams must try for a 2 point conversion after the 2nd OT. So yes in 6-man it would mean that teams must attempt a kick (2-point) on the conversion.

it used to be that you tied and advanced on penetrations, first downs, yards.... if it happened in the state game, then it was a shared title. I believe Permian and Beaumont French tied to for title years ago. I remember watching on tv and French fumbled the final play and Permian ran it in for a TD, but back then you could not advance a fumble if it hit the ground, so the game ended in a shared title....

Now you just play until someone wins....

granger":a1mfygo0 said:
it used to be that you tied and advanced on penetrations, first downs, yards....
I watched tons of playoff games in the Astrodome. If it was tied late in the game the officials would stop the game and meet with the coaches to be sure they knew where they stood on those tiebreakers. Pure excitement.

Back