What happened to Seguin?

I predicted a San Marcos win and don't doubt that they are good. But I am guessing that Sequin lost a man in the second half, am I right?

Three ... two to ejections and one to injury. Not sure who the ejected are, but under TAPPS rules, they'll be watching the next game (first playoff game, since Lifegate has a bye this week) and sending TAPPS a couple checks ($50 and $100 each). Not sure how serious the injury is. And not sure who will be sitting down the first weekend of playoffs.

But, sadly, Lifegate is a talented yet young team and needs to learn that most games that mean something are going to go 40 minutes and you have to be ready for that second half of play. Three of their four losses were games where they came out flat in the second half (their other loss, to Castle Hills, was a game where they were down and did come back to make it a 10 point loss); their win over Veritas was one where they were up big and held on for a win.

And Hill Country is good. Coach Rabon was worried going into this game.

(I wasn't there ... took my kid and his friends trick-or-treating.)

Thanks for the explanation. Seriously, it seems rare to get report info on games here. Young team , that makes a lot of sense. Young teams can stop preforming when they are ahead or the other team gets some momentum. They also can make silly costly mistakes, like ejections. To be honest though, I credit a fair ejection on coaching for the most part, just as you would credit good sportsmanship to the coach.

pup":1eqeujyf said:
So how many got ejected from San Marcos?

The story in the Sunday Seguin Gazette said there were two ejections, did not specify the team but I believe both may have been from Lifegate. TAPPSter shows 2 ejections and $100 in fines for Lifegate dated 11/03/14 (None are shown for Hill Country).

Godsmightywarrior":lfx83o0d said:
I don't know the circumstances of the ejections, but this will be a huge learning experience if they have to sit out the first playoff game.

It ain't if ... when I was the district President a couple years back we had another district school that had a key player ejected in a Week 10 (which would now be week 11) NON-DISTRICT game. By TAPPS rules, the player was required to sit out the next game, the first playoff game. Which happened to be against a defending state champion as well. I doubt that rule has changed.

Suffice to say, the higher seed won the game ...

I don't know the circumstances of the ejection, but I don't believe an ejection is appealable to the TAPPS Athletic Executive Committee or the TAPPS Board of Directors.

When you're tossed, you're tossed. Coaches need to keep their cool and they need to stress the same thing to their players.

I was at game and
Ejections were both on Seguin. One for Targeting after previous warnings & second was throwing punch after previous warnings. Both teams played hard and it was a good game, Seguin just made more mistakes and was up at half and didn't finish the full game. San Marcos can score fast and has allot of talent and is a "young team" as well. Playoffs should be interesting to say the least, Dist.3 is playing with three good teams this year.

Seguin is also a very young team. Was at the game also but did not hear about any warnings before the ejections. First was a crack block called targeting. Looked clean to me. 2nd was just a dumb move by a Lifegate player. The mood of the game changed from there on out. No serious injuries happened, but they have played injured all year.

Will District 3 have three of the semifinal spots like last year? AND Castle Hills in DII, AND Boerne Geneva in DI (which all used to be in one district!). Some good football being played in the Austin, San Antonio, Hill Country area!

I don't think District 3 will have 3 in semi's again. Depending on who goes where in wildcards if seguin goes north and ncta goes south I will say norte dame/trinity north and ncta/freddy south. if something different happens who knows, guess we will see how the cards fall after this weekend with wildcards.

freeagent":39a3obqa said:
(their other loss, to Castle Hills, was a game where they were down and did come back to make it a 10 point loss)

Actually it was a 23 point loss to Castle Hills. Seguin did close a 37 point gap at the end but Castle Hills was playing numerous 2nd and 3rd team players during the second half. I know playing 2nd and 3rd team players while winning by a sizable margin is a foreign concept to Seguin but I believe it is the sign of a team trying to get their underclassmen ready for the future. Freddy and FEAST are experts at this.

Looks like the rule on football ejections have been changed ... ejections are now reduced from the next full game to the first half of the next game. Today's Seguin newspaper did have the info on Lifegate's first playoff game and reported the names of the two players who will not be able to play in the first half against Brenham Christian.

I will not report them here, as my unwritten rule on the board is not use the boards as a whipping post for high school boys.

Back