Week One Broadcasts/Streaming

51eleven

Six-man expert
If your team's game will be broadcast over the radio or streamed, please post it here to share with others. I don't drive much at night anymore as my eyes have become more light sensitive to oncoming headlights/those in the rear view mirror as I age but I still love listening to or even better watching SixMan Football.
Personally, I'm wondering about the Jayton Classic, in particular the Strawn Knox - Knox City game on Saturday.
I am aware that Julie Elrod of the Microplex News who broadcast then streamed the Strawn games for several years said she would not be streaming them this year at the end of last year. I went to their website and it's been redesigned with no mention of sports. I was also told that Strawn announcer/Ag teacher Cliff Thornton moved to Highland to become a coach? So, I'm guessing that's a no go. I've also checked the Strawn ISD website and the Strawn Football facebook page, nothing about it on either. I was told the school was working on streaming home games (?), hope that comes through but it doesn't help this week. Any radio stations in the Jayton or Knox City greater area that might be broadcasting this/these games?
Anyway, any game could be of potential interest to me or others that can't get to them. I remember posts in the past from fans out of state, even overseas in the military listening/watching.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Support your team. In memory of Don Hardin, Good Football To You.

If your team's game will be broadcast over the radio or streamed, please post it here to share with others. I don't drive much at night anymore as my eyes have become more light sensitive to oncoming headlights/those in the rear view mirror as I age but I still love listening to or even better watching SixMan Football.
Personally, I'm wondering about the Jayton Classic, in particular the Strawn Knox - Knox City game on Saturday.
I am aware that Julie Elrod of the Microplex News who broadcast then streamed the Strawn games for several years said she would not be streaming them this year at the end of last year. I went to their website and it's been redesigned with no mention of sports. I was also told that Strawn announcer/Ag teacher Cliff Thornton moved to Highland to become a coach? So, I'm guessing that's a no go. I've also checked the Strawn ISD website and the Strawn Football facebook page, nothing about it on either. I was told the school was working on streaming home games (?), hope that comes through but it doesn't help this week. Any radio stations in the Jayton or Knox City greater area that might be broadcasting this/these games?
Anyway, any game could be of potential interest to me or others that can't get to them. I remember posts in the past from fans out of state, even overseas in the military listening/watching.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Support your team. In memory of Don Hardin, Good Football To You.

I'll be compiling a list of ones I know about each week. The plan was to create a page on the site specifically for this but I never got around to getting that added this off-season. Maybe something I can get going before the season is up or, at least, in time for playoffs.

I believe Texas1Afan does a lot of the Grid iron classic broadcasts. I'm not sure this year but I hope you find a way to listen!

I'm pretty sure they're doing they Jayton Gridiron Classic games and the Marfa Shootout games this year but I'll confirm that later today.

Listening to their podcast I believe there will be radio broadcast on all the Jayton Gridiron Classic games.

I think Marfa too

Thanks Mike. Maybe I was jumping the gun here. But I didn't want to wait until the last minute, not knowing about your plan to do this.

Thanks Mike. Maybe I was jumping the gun here. But I didn't want to wait until the last minute, not knowing about your plan to do this.

No, not at all. I started doing it in the playoffs last year and figured it'd be neat to do it for every week instead. My plan was to have a dedicated page to it, but I didn't get around to getting that added in the off-season. We'll just have to use the forums until I can get that done, and it certainly doesn't matter to me who starts the thread.

I know a large majority of the teams around have started using NFHS network and the pixellot system since it was offered free of charge to schools. Great live streaming platform and you can watch a ton of different games for $10 a month.

Does anyone know if Jayton is having the Grid Iron classic live streamed as far as video? Do thy use NFHS network or any other live video streaming service?

It says enter your e-mail for free membership on the home page. But after clicking on Texas then searching for my team it asks you to subscribe for $11.99 a month or 79.99 a year (6.67 a mo.). Not unreasonable these days considering it covers multiple sports, if you're interested in other sports. Cancel anytime. Right now, the calendar for Strawn shows 10 VB games and 2 FB games, the first and last for the season.
But for right now, this week, 12 bucks to watch 5 games I'm interested in doesn't sound bad after 8 months of no FB but one scrimmage.
I need to go back and look further, I'm not sure if the $11.99 is to follow one team or to watch anything on the site.

Cherokee vs Smoking For Jesus Ministry in Burnet, Fri, 8-26: SFJM Burnet livestreams games on their Facebook page.

Week 1 Upset thread - lots of bickering/betting by old guys going on. How embarrassing.

Best of luck to both (football) teams!

Back