Week 8 Surprises and Key Games

Knowmystuff

11-man fan
Looking over the scores from tonight some jumped out at me...what are yalls thoughts on these games:

Santa Anna over Zephyr

Robert Lee in a close game with Blackwell

Rotan winning their first six-man game v Highland

Rochelle over May by 2

oneday":1o4gdbo6 said:
Looking over the scores from tonight some jumped out at me...what are yalls thoughts on these games:

Santa Anna over Zephyr i was supprised early Zepher was supposed to be strong rep. from the east

Robert Lee in a close game with Blackwell no big supprise RL overrated

Rotan winning their first six-man game v Highland after seeing rotanlast weeki thought that they will win two district games and goto the playoffs

Rochelle over May by 2
dont know much on this one

You just never know.
I thought Zephyr would win and after Santa Anna had handled May two weeks ago and then Rochelle had whipped Santa Anna last week by 30 (although it was real close until the fourth quarter), I thought Rochelle would easily take care of May.
Looking at the stats I'll bet Rochelle was more than happy to escape with a two point win.

I'm curious as to why you say Robert Lee is over rated? They have played quality teams and come out on top...only blemish to the strong water valley team! They played horrible last night if you think it was close because Blackwell was equal competition you would be wrong ....come see them play sometime see why your wrong in continuing to say they are over rated! Bet they make a deep playoff run :)

I don't think Robert Lee is overrated. They played Water Valley pretty tough and have handled everyone else... what else can you do but win?

I will give you a million dollars if you can point out where I said Robert Lee was over rated

I was surprised at the Blackwell score and want to know more about the game and that maybe Blackwell is better than their record shows...

Since I picked Robert Lee in the preseason top 5...and took some flack for picking them to high...again show me where I said they were over rated.

kbjoe1":18saqh47 said:
oneday":18saqh47 said:

Santa Anna over Zephyr i was supprised early Zepher was supposed to be strong rep. from the east

Rotan winning their first six-man game v Highland after seeing rotanlast weeki thought that they will win two district games and goto the playoffs

Rochelle over May by 2
oneday, not you, kbjoe1. He answered on a quote of your post.

olderelk":e9zavun4 said:
kbjoe1":e9zavun4 said:
oneday":e9zavun4 said:

Rochelle over May by 2
oneday, not you, kbjoe1. He answered on a quote of your post.

I know Rochelle is happy with the win. May came out
ready to play, Rochelle came out flat. May never let up
and it took a while for the Hornets to get going. A win is
a win, especially in district, I guarantee they are happy
with the win.

Yes the lefors game is a misprint. Lefors won 77-6 with there there back ups playing all but the first 3 min of the game. But you have to hand it to higgins boy they never gave up. They will be a team to look out for in the coming years
weebles_wobble":25g5sbbc said:
OK. Somebody help me out here. Higgins 77 - Lefors 0. Misprint? If not what in hades happened?

RL Steers must be a student. I was able to attend the Robert Lee/Blackwell game and it was a great game. Blackwell came to play...Robert Lee seemed stunned the entire game. Blackwell failed to score from the 3 yard line twice or they would have won. Blackwell outplayed Robert Lee and again, if not for a few mistakes, would have taken this one. Even the players knew they had escaped after being outmatched as many said it as they walked off the field. That being said, it is the mark of a good team when they can struggle through and win...Robert Lee is a good team.

Wrong again...not a student just a 40 plus yr fan....Not taking anything away from Blackwell they came to play and steers obviously did not...I believe that Bwell is probably better than what their record indicates, I was merely commenting to the constant talk of being over rated ...doesn't matter we can cuss and discuss our own opinions all day end outcome is all that matters....good luck to Blackwell throughout the rest of district maybe we will meet up again in playoffs

Back