KEY GAMES w/ Implications

Kramer

11-man fan
I'm tossing out a few games that has HUGE district implications.

HISTORY GAME:
Prairie Lea vs. Ogelsby
Here we are in LATE October and talking about PL and Playoffs.... Can history be made for a 2nd place playoff berth.

Scratching my head game:
Spur vs Knox City
Both of these teams play up and down. Both teams need a win to stave off elimination. KC is a 4 point favorite. I guess the loser of this one between the bulldogs and greyhounds will be heading to the dog-pound to start basketball.

Mt. Calm vs Trinidad
Both are holding on by a VERY slim thread of hope. Winner has chance, A SLIM CHANCE.

Gordon vs Gorman
Once and for all, WE CAN GET THE CORRECT GOR BATTLE. gorMAN gives up points like the democratic party gives out freebies. Don't see gorMAN all of a sudden falling into any type of defense.
gorDON rolls.

New Home vs Meadow
Battle on the plains. Will the Broncos have anything in there coral to slow down the leopards.
NH claws there way to a win.

High Island vs Leveretts Chapel
High Islands HIGH octane offense will be on full display in this one but on the opposite side of that coin, High Island defense will be giving up points like oprah gives out free gifts on HARPO. This will be a very high scoring affair.

Blanket vs Evant
I think blanket will pull the actual blanket over Evant in this event.

Gholson vs Aquilla
Will cowboy parks Aquilla Coogs have any fight after last weeks elimination game.
Gholson has ALOT to play for and Aquilla can actually see the SPALDING bouncing.

Abbott vs Coolidge
Coolidge has come out of the shadows to compete for a playoff spot. Only thing is it won't be 1st place Coolidge takes home. Abbott continues there dominance over Coolidge and takes the dist 14 title.

AND NOW THE MAIN EVENT GAMES

Zephyr vs Jonesboro
Does Jonesboro finally get a test or will they prove there dominance in D-I. Jonesboro ISD should be sending UIL a dozen roses and a Golden Coral Gift Card for getting them out of D-2.
Jonesboro BIG in this one.

BATTLE OF THE CITIES
Garden City vs Sterling City
One thing is for sure, is ONE CITY will shine bright when its all said and done.
Look for Sterling City to be STERLING when it's all said and done. SC with the STERLING victory

Kramer, I had to go back to the standings page to make sure that I knew what I was talking about. Knox City is 1-0 in district. So, are you anticipating that they will also lose to Paducah in week elevan? It just seems like a stretch to put them into the ventalator catagory this week.

Blue Bird":2e3kk11y said:
Kramer, I had to go back to the standings page to make sure that I knew what I was talking about. Knox City is 1-0 in district. So, are you anticipating that they will also lose to Paducah in week elevan? It just seems like a stretch to put them into the ventalator catagory this week.

Knox City will beat Spur, Paducah has beaten Spur, Paducah will be Knox City.
1st place - Paducah - 0 district losses
2nd place - Knox City - will finish with 1 district loss

As far as Playoff implications go...

In my opinion the Prairie Lea v Oglesby game is the biggest game this week

Followed by Gordon v Gorman

Desperation game for sure is Mt Calm v Trinidad

Whitharral can lock in a playoff spot with a win over Cotton Center this week

Jonesboro v Zephyr is a big game but only decides who the champ and these two will probably meet again in the playoffs in a more important game

I know the toy favors Santa Anna by 37 over Water Valley but there's potential for a closer game.
Their one common opponent May beat SA by 34 and 45'd WV. But SA has been 45'd by Garden city and Zephyr. SA is 5-3, WV 4-3.
Plus, it's pretty much for the district championship.

Skipping to the last week of the regular season it looks like Lefors-Follett will be a big one for another district championship.
Follett is 6-2 having been 45'd by Happy and Valley. Lefors is 8-0 but they haven't played anybody close to Happy-Valley. Wait, isn't that a town in Pennsylvania? Has something to do with Football.

51eleven":1ovb49bx said:
I know the toy favors Santa Anna by 37 over Water Valley but there's potential for a closer game.
Their one common opponent May beat SA by 34 and 45'd WV. But SA has been 45'd by Garden city and Zephyr. SA is 5-3, WV 4-3.
Plus, it's pretty much for the district championship.
Yeah, not as glamorous a match-up as many of the others but more than likely the district championship on the line. A loss means a date with Buena Vista in the first round as opposed to Rankin (probably) for the winner.

Other Games that should be on yalls radar...

Highland v Loraine - Loraine wins they're a lock for District Champs (and keeps Blackwell's playoff making streak alive if they can beat Highland in week 11) Highland wins the this game likely decided who's #1 and #2 in district...but a Blackwell upset over Highland in the final week could force a 3 way tie for District champs so the point spread in this game matters!

Medina v Eden & the Nueces Canyon v Lometa game - a lot still to be determined in this district, many possibilities exist still...this is a must win for NC and Lometa; Medina win and an NC win makes things a bit of a mess, an Eden win locks a playoff spot for them, an Eden win and an NC win sets up a big game in week 11 of two teams that reluctantly moved to six-man recently, NC and Medina, and winner is in the playoffs for the first time in a long time

Rankin v Marfa - likely to decide the runner up spot in this district

Veribest v Paint Rock - a must win game for both to keep playoff hopes alive and winner must then win an upset game in week 11...PS not many people know but this is a rivalry game and it will probably be a good one!

White Deer v McLean - probably the biggest game seemingly not on the public at large's radar...likely to decide a playoff spot. McLean is looking for respect, White Deer has played the harder schedule out of the two.

Back