Week 15 TAPPS State Championships

Pretty proud of the fact that but for this year, Geneva, CHFB, and Heritage have been in the same district in some combination over the past several years of reclassification by TAPPS.

This also says a lot for the South Texas Football Conference middle school league. Geneva, CHFB and Heritage have been playing in that league for at least the past four years. I know Geneva has been in it for the past seven years, as has SA FEAST. Throw in that SA FEAST also made it to their league's state championship and that makes four teams from the STFC in state championships. Great job STFC and all those who made that league what it is today!

TAPPS Div. I Championship
Boerne Geneva 59 Wataugua Harvest Christian 14 Fri 5-Dec 7:00 PM at Zephyr HS

TAPPS Div. II Championship
San Antonio Castle Hills First Baptist 80 Waco Live Oak 46 Sat 6-Dec 12:00 PM at Zephyr HS

TAPPS Div. III Championship
Fredericksburg Heritage 46 Longview Trinity 16 Sat 6-Dec 6:00 PM at Zephyr HS
Score corrected -- confirmed with Heritage coach.

All three schools used to be in the same district ...

GSB":2tba8ibk said:
Pretty proud of the fact that but for this year, Geneva, CHFB, and Heritage have been in the same district in some combination over the past several years of reclassification by TAPPS.

This also says a lot for the South Texas Football Conference middle school league. Geneva, CHFB and Heritage have been playing in that league for at least the past four years. I know Geneva has been in it for the past seven years, as has SA FEAST. Throw in that SA FEAST also made it to their league's state championship and that makes four teams from the STFC in state championships. Great job STFC and all those who made that league what it is today!

Great points GSB. These four outstanding programs (Geneva, FEAST, Freddy and Castle Hills) have been playing each other for years and establishing a standard of excellence that has been hard for the rest of the state to keep up with. These kids start playing against each other in middle school and continue on in high school. Often, the toughest games they play are the games against each other. When you look at the margin of victory in their State Championship wins - 45, 34 and 30, they certainly had a tougher time playing each other than anyone in the state.

What impresses me even more is that the kids at these schools play football the right way. They block and tackle hard but then help each other up off the ground and shake hands at the end of the game. This is a reflection of the great leadership and guidance from the coaching staffs. I personally know the coaches on three of the staffs and I would be thrilled for my sons to play for any of them.

It is a pleasure to watch any of these four schools play, but the most fun is in watching them compete against each other. I hope they keep making an effort to schedule each other, even as they have all moved into different districts.

Back