Week 15 Playoff Locations

Heck, while we still speculate a 2:00 Glen Rose game leaves plenty of time for the 30 minute drive To Granbury and time to eat.

elenaran":3n93400i said:
I mentioned this matchup in my latest post:
http://mapitlikeitshot.wordpress.com/20 ... ostmortem/

In short, yeah, Hico, Glen Rose & Hamilton are the obvious choices. However, how about Zephyr? It's a little small, but semi-final games have been played at smaller venues, and it's got some of the nicer 6M facilities in the state.

Trouble is Zephyr has a previous engagement ... three TAPPS state finals (Fri night, Sat noon, Sat. night). And if my friend Bryan keeps up the way his predecessor lines up state locations, he pays in advance for the rental ...

Garrett2810":3n71fm2f said:
Calvert and Throckmorton should play in Hamilton. It's almost exactly halfway for both teams and I bet they could get that field with no problem....

Hamilton has hosted some exciting six man playoff games. In this case one location for two state semis , May-Blum and Throckmorton-Calvert would be a treat for six man playoff fans out of the DFW metro mess area. I'll be making the 7:30 game In Granbury. An earlier kickoff for Calvert-Throckmorton would be nice. I hope Grandbury ISD works hard to make this happen. Comparing driving distances to Hamilton vs Granbury for both school is pretty much six one way, half a dozen the other.

Per yahoo maps:

Cal- Gran, 142
Cal - Ham, 124

Throck - Gran , 130
Throck - Ham , 148

Looks to me like Granbury is the most even driving distance for both schools with 12 mile difference for GHS location and 24 mile difference for HHS location. Surely today a decision will have been made and a lot will depend on whether Throckmorton and Calvert are willing to play a day game.

granger":1hgcjof5 said:
Froze my rear in Glen Rose at the Trinidad-Panther Creek game in 1997

Me and you both,,I was just as cold in West watching Blum and Trinidad play,You were there,I had to get off those metal bleachers,Dang what year was that?

Was that 2006?

Seems like we talk about this every year, but my coldest year ever was 1994.... Amherst-Samnorwood in Silverton and State Championship game at Abilene Wylie... sat in the warm press box to watch Sudan-Crawford in Sweetwater before that game

Back