Water Valley vs. Sterling City

WV Backer

Six-man pro
Evidently the San Angelo Sub-Standard Times had last week's Sterling City vs. Robert Lee game as the district deciding showdown. I guess they forgot about the WV and the four straight district championships. Oh well, stupid is as stupid does. Now on to the game.

Sterling City comes into the game off of a 46-34 win over Robert Lee fueled by Kaleb Davis and his 6 touchdown, 279 yard rushing game. They are 6-2 and looking to win their first district crown since they've been in Division 1 of sixman football. Standing in their way are the Wildcats who are 4-4 on the year and looking to defend the district championship. The game will be played in Sterling City but that hasn't been much of a home field advantage for the Eagles as the last three times this contest has been held there Water Valley has come away with the win. The Guru's toy has the WV installed as a 7 point favorite and a #11 ranking whereas the Eagles are ranked #13.

This should be a real good tilt and, if Sterling City can pull off the victory, they will undoubtedly win the district title. If the WV wins they will still have some work to do against a Robert Lee squad that might have all their players back after losing 4 starters in the SC game. Water Valley has beaten Sterling City every year since SC came back to sixman (six straight) in 2008. Will this be 7 in a row? Will SC get the WV monkey off their collective backs and win the title? Will Kaleb Davis run roughshod over the Wildcats or will the WV be able to slow him down enough to get the win. My money is on the Wildcats by 16 but what do I know, I picked Robert Lee by 16 over these same Eagles last week. Let's hear what you think District 6 people. Anybody from Sterling City on here?

I think WV is starting to get things together at the right time. SC always brings a good fight, but I'm picking WV by 30. Can someone confirm if the game is going to be played Thursday or Friday?

GO WILDCATS!!!

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I have to think the tough schedule that WV has played this year will have them prepared for this game. I have to pick WV based on their ability to survive and learn from their tougher schedule.

I have yet to get a toal fix on either team... been up and down. This should be an awesome game to attend. NO ONE KNOWS! I have WV winning, but I am not putting money on that

Little Doc":3b07czm6 said:
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I have to think the tough schedule that WV has played this year will have them prepared for this game. I have to pick WV based on their ability to survive and learn from their tougher schedule.
I'll tell you this much, Little Doc, that schedule better be good for something! I'm hoping it wasn't set up that way just for grins and giggles. They've lost to three teams that are top six and one that is ranked #14. How they are ranked above a team they lost to is a mystery of the "toy" but I digress. If they haven't learned something from those tough losses they might not make it out of district.

You are right about that. It's put up or shut up time. Only time will tell. I hope it all pays off for them. It's all about believing in yourself and your teammates, then doing something about it in a positive manner. Good luck to them.

Remember SC Eagles Fan? Man, that guy was pretty clever with his posts and clip art. His son graduated a couple of years ago and that was that. Haven't heard from him since.

WV Backer":1b6dxanx said:
Remember SC Eagles Fan? Man, that guy was pretty clever with his posts and clip art. His son graduated a couple of years ago and that was that. Haven't heard from him since.

He must have moved too.

Well game day is finally here and the trick or treat weather forecast looks perfect. Clear and cool. Can't wait for kickoff and hoping the Wildcat Nation packs the stands tonight in SC. Should be a great game!

GO WILDCATS!!

Typical of the Sub-Standard Times. If the WV wins then next week they'll run a story about Water Valley vs. Robert Lee titled, "GAME OF THE WEEK: Rivals Sterling City and Robert Lee clash in potential title game". At least he got the part about six straight wins for the WV correct.

Good job waterbellies! after the tough win against my Steers the sterling coach should have told his boy why they really won the game maybe they went in a little overconfident.

chivo loco":2z2jrmbd said:
Good job waterbellies! after the tough win against my Steers the sterling coach should have told his boy why they really won the game maybe they went in a little overconfident.

Well, well, well..... lookie who the cats done drug in......

Long time no see....

Hey... Hey.... Welcome back ole smelly Chivo!!! It's good to see your still alive and kickin and wizzin on your beard! Be sure and join in on the WV vs RL posting that Backer'll kick out soon!!

Good game out in Sterling City last night. Kaleb Davis was all he was advertised to be but he just didn't get enough help and that doomed the Eagles in the end. Assuming Sterling City beats Veribest and the WV takes care of Robert Lee (certainly no guarantee of that), the Eagles would end up with the winner of district 5. As it sits now that looks to be Rankin but, if Old Bearkat has his way, Garden City could beat Rankin and throw district 5 into a coin flip situation with GC, Rankin and Marfa. Either way it turns out, good luck to Sterling City the rest of the way.
chivo loco":29jm7ul5 said:

You should come to the game in WV next Friday chivo loco, I'll buy you a... whatever you goats eat. Goat chow?

Back