Water Valley vs. May

WV Backer

Six-man pro
After a solid victory last Friday night over a game Grady squad, May comes to town this Friday night. My research tells me that this will be the Tiger's first visit to Diddle Young field in beautiful downtown Water Valley. The WV is looking to even the record at 3-3 but the Tigers are favored by 1 according to the Guru's prognosticating machine (aka the Toy). May is 3-2 and coming off a thrashing of the Throckmorton Greyhounds, 58-8. With no common opponents thus far it's hard to say who might have the upper hand in this one but I'm picking the Wildcats by 16 based upon this expert analysis... I'm the WV Backer, what do you expect? Duh! Anyone else out there have a different opinion? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

While not the back-and-forth track meet of two weeks ago vs. Anton, this game was certainly starting to look like it at halftime. I don't remember the exact score but I know the WV was in the 50's. However, in the second half both defenses stiffened a bit and the final ended up 66-62 Water Valley. The win evens the Wildcats record at 3-3 with Borden County on the horizon next Friday and then a bye week before entering into district play. Can't say that I'm particularly optimistic about next Friday's match-up in Gail against the #2 ranked Coyotes but I know that Coach York will have the Wildcats fired up and ready to play. More to come on that one later but a good win for the WV vs. a very tough opponent this weekend.

Back