Water Valley vs. Happy

WV Backer

Six-man pro
Well Wildcat fans, another season is upon us and it will be every bit as tough as last year. Starting with the Happy Cowboys @ Hico we have four of the top ten (preseason) teams on the schedule. Borden County, Robert Lee and Knox City are all on the schedule and reside in the aforementioned top ten with Happy. Throw in #14 Highland, #16 May, #18 Grady, #19 Anton and #25 Sterling City and you've got a real test for the WV this year. Which brings me back to this weekend and Happy.

What do you think Wildcat fans? Happy sits at #10 and the WV at #11. It's a toss-up according to the Guru's toy but I remember seeing Happy last year at Hico and they looked pretty tough. I know, I know, that was last year but there is a reason they reside at #10 right now and I imagine they'll be pretty tough. Can the WV start the season out on the right foot with a big win? I didn't get to see either of the scrimmages so I can't speak to how good we'll be, but I'll be in Hico this Saturday and I hope some of you will be as well.

My vote for game of the week. I know it's not the ultimate top seeder like BC & Crowell, but I think this one will be a better game to watch. Just my 2 cents.

crawford might be on to something there. Really hard to say without having seen either team play but I'm with the Longhorn in thinking this might just be a good one. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I just believe that it is time for York to come through with a "barn burnin'" kind of team with all the talent that he should have to work with. I don't think that the Cowboys will be able to stay on the field for a full game if all goes as it should. IMHO

Water Valley has a solid team, but not a top tier team. At least not yet. I expect the Water Valley and Happy game to be a good match-up. I consider a close game in Sixman to be 20 points or less. This game should qualify as a close game.

I tend to agree with you there Blue Bird. I think they'll be good but, as I mentioned earlier, they've got a tough row to hoe and it starts this weekend. I think York is a good coach and I know he'll get the most out of the talent he has at hand but the jury is still out on this group. We'll know a lot more after Saturday.

Wow, I thought Happy was going to be tough but that was just a beat-down from the first play to the last. The wheels fell off so quickly that I'm not sure if Happy is just that good or the WV is just that bad. Much work to be done by the Wildcats on both sides of the ball for sure. On the flip side, Happy looked every bit as good as their #10 preseason ranking would suggest. Congratulations to the Cowboys and good luck the rest of the way. As for the WV, keep your heads up and keep working hard. Learn from your mistakes and listen to your coaches. District games are what matters in the end and you are the five time defending District champions!

Back