Water Valley vs. Anton

WV Backer

Six-man pro
Well Wildcat fans, the WV got off the schnide in a big way last Friday with a well-deserved win over the Highland Hornets. Up next are the Anton Bulldogs who have had a bit of a rough go this year with tough losses to Motley County and Klondike book-ending a win over Hart. The toy has the Wildcats favored by 33 and who am I to argue with the machinations of such complex wizardry? However, I remember we were favored by a pretty good pile of points last year at Anton and barely got out of there with our skin and a 74-71 victory. So what's it going to be Wildcat fans? Big victory for the WV to even our record or will Anton bring us back down to earth? Do we get on a roll or do the wheels fall off again? Are there even any Wildcat fans left out there besides me and Fan in Black?

Always nice to hear from you OBK, even if I don't consider you a WV fan. As far as cheering for Grape Creek goes, I have grave doubts about the possibility of that being the case. It's conceivable that they are just waiting for the Wildcats to even their record this week before emerging from the shadows to light up this message board... then again, maybe not. Where oh where hath the Rabid One gone?

I could say the same about almost every town. Not nearly as many partisans on here sounding off as there used to be. I guess they are all off facebooking.

Yep, I miss the rabid one as well. Along with the other characters that used to haunt these premises, like the devil dentist, Pete, and Mark. Cowboy can't keep the entertainment value the place used to have by himself.....

And then there are us loyal fans that just like to hang around and read the enormous wisdom that mindboggles our minds. I just cant hang with the pros.

My prediction is that if WV is healthy and comes out firing on all 6 cylinders... it'll end in the 3rd with a WV victory.

Message to the Wildcat players.... the fans want to hear some popping out there!!!!

GO WILDCATS!

Old Bearkat":e52vegy2 said:
I could say the same about almost every town. Not nearly as many partisans on here sounding off as there used to be. I guess they are all off facebooking.

Yep, I miss the rabid one as well. Along with the other characters that used to haunt these premises, like the devil dentist, Pete, and Mark. Cowboy can't keep the entertainment value the place used to have by himself.....
I've got so much going on that I barely have time to read everything.

Blue Bird":1xrty431 said:
After the Highland score last week, I thought you guys had ship upright and headed down stream in smooth water. What happened?

WV forgot to play defense and Anton took advantage of it!

I was wrong when I said anton couldn't hang. Either anton is better than I thought or water valley is worse. I think we know the answer.

Where to start... Anton is definitely better than many folks thought and the WV is not as good as we had hoped. For those of you who didn't attend, the Wildcats and Bulldogs went back and forth all night and Anton had seized the lead with a couple of minutes left in the game. The WV drove down the field and were inside the 10 with 1:22 left in the game when the lights went out. I'd like to blame the loss on the blown transformer but, quite frankly, the Wildcats couldn't stop #1 (Javier Savedra) all night and I have no reason to believe they would have stopped him once Anton got the ball back. Oh, I have no doubt that the WV would have scored when they had the ball at the end of the game and the transformer blew. They might have even made the extra point to tie the game (certainly not a given) but, as indicated by the score, the Wildcats were having some difficulty slowing down the Bulldogs (94 points) and I imagine Anton would have made a spirited run at a game-winning drive with the time left. Had the Wildcats held and forced overtime... well, who knows? One might extrapolate from the score that Anton was having their own difficulties stopping the WV (86 points) so it might have come down to who had the ball last.

All of that notwithstanding, the Wildcats are now 1-3 and travel to Lenorah/Tarzan to take on the Grady Wildcats next Friday. The toy has us favored but you can imagine what I think of that prognosticating machine of Guru's at this point. Hell, we were a toss-up against Happy so... More on the Battle of the Wildcats later.

Back