UT-TAMU--Done?

hey, they made their choice... they are the ones who went against the traditional conference rivalry....

You're right, they did it to themselves. They were a second-rate power in the Big 12 and they'll be a perennial doormat in the SEC. I'm sure it sucked living in the shadow of UT for all those years but they won't even be able to out-recruit LSU and Arkansas now. If I was in charge at UT I'd never find an opening on the schedule for the Aggies... ever!

WV Backer":w0whvoq0 said:
You're right, they did it to themselves. They were a second-rate power in the Big 12 and they'll be a perennial doormat in the SEC. I'm sure it sucked living in the shadow of UT for all those years but they won't even be able to out-recruit LSU and Arkansas now. If I was in charge at UT I'd never find an opening on the schedule for the Aggies... ever!

Now they'll be in the shadow of 'Bama, Auburn, the cajuns, and maybe even Vanderbilt....

High Plains Drifter":3w17tjxr said:
See where UT will not play the Aggies in tennis any longer. The Granger might have black helicoptered the Aggies. Ha

I guess Aggie tennis players won't be hearing certain ring tones from the refs' chair anymore, huh, Granger? Inside joke. I'm still laughing over it.

I'll bet the next time the lege comes into session, there will be some gentle persuasion from those esteemed ladies and gentlemen on the UT/A&M football game, assuming neither side has taken the hint from those same esteemed folks in the meantime ... my guess it will be back on by 2015.

Those of us who grew up on some great rivalries and fantastic games will be kissing them goodbye. I hope they finish last year after year after year.

More UT, Baylor, and Tech alums in our esteemed legislature now than there are ags. None of them are going to be in the mood to force anybody to play TAMU.

Old Bearkat":23hmj257 said:
Now they'll be in the shadow of 'Bama, Auburn, the cajuns, and maybe even Vanderbilt....

Hey, you wanna come play for us? Why we even think we might move up to 5th or 6th place in the conference this next season. Of course it’ll be bone crunching humiliation….. whaddya think… want a scholarship?

I just don’t think A&M can recruit against the current SEC teams. It has to be the SEC’s revenue sharing…. But limiting the opportunities for a post season bowl game should negate that. I’m missing something in this whole story.

It was an in-state conference rivalry that had little appeal outside of the state.
Why would any Big 12 school in Texas want to keep playing an aggy school that has no honor or integrity? They knew they would be leaving the Big 12 BEFORE they signed the TV contracts in 2010 and flat out lied to other Big 12 schools about their future intentions.

There i said it!!!!!!!!!!

Edward

I'm sure nobody in College Station has shed any tears over the loss of the game. I really think it was an empty gesture from the Ags to extend the hand of friendship to continue the rivalry.

Neither team wants to schedule a spoiler game late in the season, they'd both rather add a patsy to the beginning.

Nothing to see here, and certainly nothing to get upset over and call teams/people names. Move along.

Back