Upset Alert week 1

rainjacktx":3sbmfrys said:
I wouldn't call it an upset alert per se, but - if I was a betting man - I'd take Guthrie to beat the spread against Crowell.

you are right, picking something to beat a spread is not an upset

^^^^ title is upset alert, not "whimpy pick against the spread but not enough balls to pick the upset"

angryGranger":tizmt83e said:
rainjacktx":tizmt83e said:
I wouldn't call it an upset alert per se, but - if I was a betting man - I'd take Guthrie to beat the spread against Crowell.

you are right, picking something to beat a spread is not an upset

^^^^ title is upset alert, not "whimpy pick against the spread but not enough balls to pick the upset"

Whatever, troll-boy. But to be accurate, it's W-I-M-P-Y. Do you even spellcheck, bro?

BigCzech":278tsocb said:
Penelope over Cransfill Gap

Gorman over Mt Calm

Is Gormon, who is in Division 1 and ranked #9 and #11 really an underdog to Mount Calm, who is in division 2 and ranked #9 and #8? Seems to me, the upset would be if Mt Calm won.

Gormon WILL beat Calm, but it wont be an upset. The better teamm will win, just like they should be picked to.

79-56

sixmanvirgin":z8agg5eq said:
BigCzech":z8agg5eq said:

Gorman over Mt Calm

Is Gormon, who is in Division 1 and ranked #9 and #11 really an underdog to Mount Calm, who is in division 2 and ranked #9 and #8? Seems to me, the upset would be if Mt Calm won.

Same thing with the Penelope and Gap game. Isn't Penelope in DI and ranked around the same area as Gap, but Gap is DII? Are you saying DII is stronger then DI?

sixmanvirgin":1owa7juw said:
BigCzech":1owa7juw said:

Gorman over Mt Calm

Is Gordon, who is in Division 1 and ranked #9 and #11 really an underdog to Mount Calm, who is in division 2 and ranked #9 and #8? Seems to me, the upset would be if Mt Calm won.

Gordon WILL beat Calm, but it wont be an upset. The better teamm will win, just like they should be picked to.

79-56

Gordon doesn't play Mt Calm this weekend.
They do play Gorman later in the year (they're in the same district).

sixmanvirgin":30nuzydi said:
BigCzech":30nuzydi said:

Gorman over Mt Calm

Is Gordon, who is in Division 1 and ranked #9 and #11 really an underdog to Mount Calm, who is in division 2 and ranked #9 and #8? Seems to me, the upset would be if Mt Calm won.

Gordon WILL beat Calm, but it wont be an upset. The better teamm will win, just like they should be picked to.

79-56

I think this is actually Leman. They both seem to keep confusing Gorman and Gordon. ;)

Editor's note: if you are going to quote another magazine or rankings, specify that because none of the information posted is valid for this site...

Back