Up and Coming in '09

*With coaching against Freddy in state two years ago they had a few solid soph that year. *Walter over @ TSCA Does a solid job every year with a public and private school background.
*Arl FA being on staff with that group was fun last year. Their Defense should be GREAT!!
*Duncanville- I think they will be alot better this year than in the past. This is my PICK to face the EAGLES! Coach Hargraves and I played collegiate football together, and he has college coaching experience and has implemented a true college football system into that Offense. They are excited about DEFENSE this year !!!!!!!!!!

Final Four:

1. Freddy
2. Duncanville
3. Tyler Street Christian Academy
4. Arlington FA

Josh Johnson
Offensive Coord
Glenview Christian School

possibly could be. freddy is also good. notre dame will be a competetor. but this is only talk. week zero is here and now its time to see what these teams are made of

Notre Dame beat FA last year. That one was tough.

Bellville FA got FA in the playoffs.
Alvin
Lifegate
SA Town East
Brownwood
W.C.

All these teams are Pretty good ball clubs I think!

Josh Johnson
Offensive Coord
Glenview Christian

Good morning, Gents. At last it is time to let the athletes and coaches do the talking on the field. It's been too long.

Why isn't anyone talking about Brenham? Did y'all forget they had only one loss last year? From what I know they have only lost two or three seniors. They have to be considered one of the top 3. They also play a fairly decent non-disctrict schedule. They will be ready come playoff time. I guess that program, like Freddy & Greenville, prefer to do their talking on the field.

Here's to another exciting season of 6-Man!!

You are right coach! lol. I'm sorry

Brenham will be a very solid team this year. Coach H will be missed! Hopefully the new guy will get them ready.

Josh Johnson
Offensive Coord.
Glenview Christian

notre dame could have 45'd FA if they didnt take their starters out in 3rd quater. and the sad thing is they lost district by 1 touchdown!

That's your opinion and I respect that, but I beg to differ. Their starters also played the whole game and the RECOVERED 6 onside kicks if I recall!! THEIR KICKER WAS AMAZING!!! That decided the game. FA WON District last year!!! It is what it is. You can't take that AWAY from those boys because they played out of their mind @ Brownwood VLA AND 45 EM. It was THREE-WAY Tie. FA beat Brownwood, Brownwood beat ND, ND beat FA. You do a point spread or flip a coin. It was FAIR.

Josh Johnson
Offensive Coord
Glenview Christian

ND took out all but 2 starters at a time. our kicker was good but the players were better. ND returns 4 starters in both sides of the ball. but back ups are weak

just looking at scores, i can tell that dca will be really good. they took fannindel to doublt OT ad beat them. We play fannindel at notre dame and they are a scary team so i dont know what that makes DCA...

seguinlifegate":22jdmu4b said:
I guess my question is which 2-0 teams are playing weak teams??
which 0-2 teams are just playing great teams?

Give the rankings ... and the records ... a few weeks to sort themselves out. I think you may see the UIL rankings take a few shakes as well this year, because Richland Springs losing to Borden County last week wasn't in most folks computations.

Some folks start their season with some challenging opponents. Some use what ol' Al McGuire at Marquette (basketball) used to call scheduling "cupcakes" to insure some wins early in the season.

If you find that you're everyone's homecoming opponent, consider yourself part of the "Cupcake Hall of Fame." A coaching friend of mine told me when he took a job at the school where he was for several years, he found that of his 5 road games, all were homecoming games, because his school had a reputation as an easy win. That year, my friend went 5-1 in homecoming games ... losing only his own homecoming game. He also noticed that he no longer was scheduled for homecoming games after that.

And remember, it's how you do in district (which can be as few as one and as many as five games, depending on the size of your district) that determines if you keep playing after November 7th.

As we discussed last season with a three team district, it could be possible to go 9-1 and miss the playoffs (going 1-1 in district and ending up 3rd on tiebreakers). Or you could go 1-9 and make the playoffs (1-1 district with a tiebreaker in your favor).

But right now, I'd be looking real closely at Duncanville Christway, Dallas Tyler Street Christian and Brenham Christian. And not forgetting some folks in Fredericksburg who have a history of playing football in December. But there's a lot of football to be played between now and then and this is a game where one key injury changes a lot of things.

Back