UIL Reclassification and Realignment Information

Mike

Six-man master
Administrator
AUSTIN— The biennial University Interscholastic League reclassification and realignment for the 2022-23 and 2023-24 school years will be released Thursday, Feb. 3 at 9:00 a.m. CST. The new alignments, established by enrollment figures submitted to the UIL by its member schools in October, will serve as the football districts for the next two school years.

The UIL has posted the 2022-2024 reclassification and realignment policies and procedures on the UIL website at http://www.uiltexas.org/alignments.

The League released the conference cutoff numbers prior to releasing the full realignment. These numbers provide the range of enrollment for each of the six conferences, including the divisional cutoffs for football. The conference cutoff numbers are as follows:

6A 2225 and above
5A 1300 – 2224
4A 545 – 1299
3A 250 – 544
2A 105 – 249
1A 104.9 and below

1A – 5A Football Division I and Division II Numbers

1A Division I 59.5 – 104.9
1A Division II 59.4 and below

2A Division I 164.5 – 249
2A Division II 105 – 164.4

3A Division I 360 – 544
3A Division II 250 – 359

4A Division I 880 – 1299
4A Division II 545 – 879

5A Division 1 1925 – 2224
5A Division 2 1300 – 1924

The reclassification and realignment will also be revealed on Bally Sports Southwest at 9:00 a.m. Thursday on a special episode of the High School Spotlight hosted by Craig Way. The show will be dedicated solely to reclassification and realignment issues, both debuting the new district alignments and discussing the realignment process with UIL staff.

I used to always like going to Hico during the postseason and I still do, but I feel Dublin took away what business Hico had during the postseason ever since the Lions built the new stadium.

I would be a bit unhappy if I were in D1 District 8. Total of 6 teams and most of them could be playoff teams. They could have moved Rotan to District 4 and made it 5 teams each.

Sucks for us in District 8 for sure, having to win 4 games minimum where some teams are only going to have to win 2 in very weak districts. But it is what t is, if we are wanting to repeat as champions then that’s what will do it is playing a super tough non district and district. Our non district is nuts this year at Westbrook lol, we will be underdogs again and love every minute of it

Sucks for us in District 8 for sure, having to win 4 games minimum where some teams are only going to have to win 2 in very weak districts. But it is what t is, if we are wanting to repeat as champions then that’s what will do it is playing a super tough non district and district. Our non district is nuts this year at Westbrook lol, we will be underdogs again and love every minute of it
Be happy they didn't put Westbrook in district 7! Borden County, Garden City and Rankin might have kept Westbrook from getting out of district play.

Looking at the new D2 alignments Richland Springs will have a cakewalk to Jerry's World while Strawn will have to beat Throckmorton, Benjamin and Balmorhea to return to Jerry's World.

The bad part of playing the super tough non-district and district schedule is the injuries don’t get time to heal properly and many times the player is lost for the playoff game that decides the season.

You see it every year, teams get way over hyped because terrible non district schedules then playoff games get way overhyped and then people get embarrassed.

Even though Zephyr will be going from D1 to D2, will they be able to compete with Mullin, Blanket, and Sidney in their new district?
I believe so, the varsity may be struggling but the junior high is doing very well, it will take time but I believe they will improve, heck at 0-10 the only direction you can go is up.

Back