Trinidad vs Richland Springs - Area Round Macthup

Longhorn85

Six-man fan
Well, Trinidad is no longer flying under the radar after playing Abbott down to the wire and losing by 1 TD this week, and if you look WAY TOO FAR down the road, it looks like they will meet Richland Springs in the 2nd week of the playoffs. All of the sudden, this game looks to be one of the most interesting early playoff games in D2 East.

Thoughts?.....

Trinidad is not under the radar for sure, but to win their district and play that second round match up that you've anointed them with, they are going to have to go into Mount Calm and win on the road for that district championship. Not saying it won't happen, just saying that the new coach in MC and his team is only five weeks into his program and their just now starting to hit their stride. Just saying --- that game should decide who sees Richland Springs in round two.

Agreed, and you may be right. I'm just saying Mt. Calm isn't flying under any radar either and could wind up being an awesome game against Trinidad.

So, what you're saying is that either Trinidad or Mt. Calm is the sacrificial lamb in the 2nd round of the playoffs? That's like winning the lottery... in Shirley Jackson's short story of the same name.

WV Backer":1aexwvqo said:
So, what you're saying is that either Trinidad or Mt. Calm is the sacrificial lamb in the 2nd round of the playoffs? That's like winning the lottery... in Shirley Jackson's short story of the same name.
Wow, talk about an obscure ( but appropriate) literary reference....................
Better watch it Backer, people will start thinking sixman fans are not hay straw sucking rubes in overalls..........

smokeyjoe53":yh6lvzqh said:
WV Backer":yh6lvzqh said:
Wow, talk about an obscure ( but appropriate) literary reference....................
Better watch it Backer, people will start thinking sixman fans are not hay straw sucking rubes in overalls..........

Who wear's overalls? When in Austin do as the Austinite's do.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sho ... F003DE525D

BTW, who's uh, Shirley Jackson.

Dear VWbus,

That iz exactly whut I iz asayin'. BTW, the way I done lost my leg and ended up with a boat oar fer a fake leg iz a little Jacksonesque ala The Lottery. But mine involved a marriage, a redhead and a chainsaw. And then...she done tracked me down.

It sounds like Mr. Calm has made great strides in this their 5th season back playing football. However, it still seems to me like they will be mere cannon fodder for the Coyotes in the second round should they get there. Perhaps I'm not giving the Panthers their due but I think they've still got a ways to go before they compete with the heavy hitters in Division 2.

WV Backer":3hligdr4 said:
It sounds like Mr. Calm has made great strides in this their 5th season back playing football. However, it still seems to me like they will be mere cannon fodder for the Coyotes in the second round should they get there. Perhaps I'm not giving the Panthers their due but I think they've still got a ways to go before they compete with the heavy hitters in Division 2.

I've actually seen both teams, RS and MC, play this year. RS is ranked were there at for a reason. No one is saying MC is better. I do think MC will be the best team RS has played all year. I think RS will win this game, but do not see a 45 point win at half. this will be four quarters of good, hard hitting football. Great kids from both schools.

OK, maybe you're right. I'm certainly not going to sit here and spell out why RS should win. They don't need it, they've got history on their side and, besides, there are at least 10 of the RS mafia here that could do a better job of it than me. I'm just telling you that Mt. Calm will be on the wrong side of a 45 point deficit if they play RS this year. Maybe halftime, maybe not. Nothing against Mt. Calm, just stating the facts.

WV Backer":vhif6h6n said:
OK, maybe you're right. I'm certainly not going to sit here and spell out why RS should win. They don't need it, they've got history on their side and, besides, there are at least 10 of the RS mafia here that could do a better job of it than me. I'm just telling you that Mt. Calm will be on the wrong side of a 45 point deficit if they play RS this year. Maybe halftime, maybe not. Nothing against Mt. Calm, just stating the facts.

I think this game will be fantastic and close. Looking forward to it indeed. I just do not think that history wins ball games. If that were true then the Oakland Raiders would be winning, the LA Lakers would not be 0-5 this year, the Boston Celtics would be winning championship after championship, etc... Excited indeed!!

WV Backer":g6g19agp said:

I think Mt. Calm may be this years surprise team. They scrimmaged Calvert and gave them one heck of a match, and Calvert is no slouch yes it was a scrimmage but if they have continued to improve each week they are a really good team right now. I could see an upset here. RS will not win State this year, I don't think they can beat Throckmorton.

It's easy to state opinions and claim them as fact. Fact is, Richland Springs is a stud team. Fact is, Mount Calm isn't sneaking up on anyone any more. Fact, Mount Calm's best players are better than Richland Springs. Richland Springs probably has the better team, but on any given night; this game will be good. Again, I still predict Richland Springs in the Semis; but don't assume they'll win and claim fact.

You probably have your facts just the opposite from what they really are. Richlands Springs' do everything back will be the best player on the field. For Mt. Calm to have a chance to beat RS, they will have to have the best team on the field. If they don't, they won't win the game. It will take a team effort to beat this kid.

Back