Trashiest fans in the state?

there is a certain school that we played and I will tell you what the fans start yelling in Spanish words that I have not heard. I mean it was not any of this tex-mex from around here.

hornkeeper12":p7c0lfjk said:
Not necessarilly trashy, but definitely funny. At a recent game, one of the fans on the opposing side seemed to get rather disgruntled when we cheered for our boys. The more we cheered, the madder she got. To the point of name calling, not at the boys, but at us, the fans. To make matters worse, she had a megaphone, so it was loud and clear. Some of our fans got a little sideways about it, but I thought it was rather amusing, it was the first time I had ever seen that approach to cheering on your team.

Ahhh the joys of playing the Richland Springs Coyotes and their obnoxious Fans...
I'm suprised MegaPhone Lady (I use that term loosely) still has a voice. She even does it at the Pee Wee Games...

Gordon in the season opener last year. I'm not saying dont be loud, but after you just beat the dog out of a team, dont have your fans waiting by the visitors locker room getting in the kids faces. Coach Mallory was very classy, giving the Gold-Burg players words of encouragement after the game, but the fans were just being terrible.

"Hedley had a running back, #36, who I knew was pretty dirty. I think he graduated, not sure. And I remember a parent who was constantly yelling."

Anyone else notice that the topic is trashiest fans but the first person called out was a player? Personal grudge?

sixmanalum":dokdbya8 said:
Gordon in the season opener last year. I'm not saying dont be loud, but after you just beat the dog out of a team, dont have your fans waiting by the visitors locker room getting in the kids faces. Coach Mallory was very classy, giving the Gold-Burg players words of encouragement after the game, but the fans were just being terrible.
I knew we would show up on the list eventually, just didn't think it would take that long. Actually this is useful info, being how the visitor locker room is right by the home locker room, I can see how all them people in the way could be a problem. I never thought of it like that, but I'll see if I can get that remedied for the future.

hornkeeper12":1y6w8pz8 said:
sixmanalum":1y6w8pz8 said:
I knew we would show up on the list eventually, just didn't think it would take that long. Actually this is useful info, being how the visitor locker room is right by the home locker room, I can see how all them people in the way could be a problem. I never thought of it like that, but I'll see if I can get that remedied for the future.

At least we didnt have a Gordon fan on here going crazy about my post. And the Gordon fans may be classy every other week, but that week they were just terrible to our boys. The coaching staff was incredibly kind to them however, even helping our QB off the field after hurting his knee late in the third quarter. The players were also very respectful as well. I just hate to see parents and friends putting down the other team after such a big loss when they're just trying to get to the locker room.

hornkeeper12":1m72z935 said:
sixmanalum":1m72z935 said:

Everybody has southern-end-of-a-north-bound-horse fans. Some are blessed with more than others.

But in a case like this, maybe positioning a school administrator or better yet, a local lawman (or woman) near the problem area might minimize such problems. It's one of those things you may not have to do too many times for folks to get the message.

sixmanalum":3baff4zi said:
Certainly not typical of Gordon fans. No one plays Gordon in a more intense game than Strawn & I have never heard of disrespect from either side directed at players (Ref's well...)
Their fans as well as ours are always involved, but never to the point of annoying the players.

I did see a fan get "run" at a Calvert game. That was a first for me. The white hat actually stopped the game until this particular fan had exited the stadium.

I am going to have to say that the May Tigers fans should be in the running. I can remember first hand playing against May in MY HOME TOWN, and hearing some of the worst fans I have ever heard while I was on the field. I broke off a little 20 yd Touchdown, and all I can hear is a man from May stand up and holler, "Break his f****ng neck!!" Never in a million years would I expect to hear that from a fan!

Blum. There are some great people there, but the loud mouth trash talkers outnumber them. I've heard them cheering " that's it, take another one out!" while a player from the opposing team was being checked for injuries.

I can't say that one place is worse than another. But there's always a fan or two that seems to make a point at going over the top. I saw the Blum vs. Aquilla game a couple of weeks ago sitting on the Blum side. As the game started, one of the Blum moms leaned over when SixisEnough and I commented on the size of a certain numbered player. She told us that was HER boy. Later on in the game, same "boy" got kicked out of the game, for what, I don't know. Probably language as we didn't see a foul. The same mom stands up and yells, "Why is he getting kicked out? He's not a f$#%&*^ hothead!"

We had to stifle a giggle on that one.

dataguy99":1epsjj5x said:
I can't say that one place is worse than another. But there's always a fan or two that seems to make a point at going over the top. I saw the Blum vs. Aquilla game a couple of weeks ago sitting on the Blum side. As the game started, one of the Blum moms leaned over when SixisEnough and I commented on the size of a certain numbered player. She told us that was HER boy. Later on in the game, same "boy" got kicked out of the game, for what, I don't know. Probably language as we didn't see a foul. The same mom stands up and yells, "Why is he getting kicked out? He's not a f$#%&*^ hothead!"

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are.

this is from the mid and late 70's but the worst was marfa they threw bricks at the bus after we beat them. our coaches made us wear our helmets when going into the restraunt after the games there due to their fans throwing rocks and bricks at us. now cussing and yealing to me cant compare to that..

dataguy99":2h778y53 said:
Blum. There are some great people there, but the loud mouth trash talkers outnumber them. I've heard them cheering " that's it, take another one out!" while a player from the opposing team was being checked for injuries.

He was ejected for punching Aquilla's RB.

CowboyP":3i69voev said:
cleverunicorn73":3i69voev said:
aquilla fans can be pretty bad. i've heard fans call players a certain 5 letter word on numerous occasions.
I'd bet that would have come from one of 2 people. Those guys are always crude.
they can be extremely entertaining though, i'll give them that. they made an interesting abbott-aquilla basketball game last year

Back