Trashiest fans in the state?

SiXmAnMaDnEsS

11-man fan
We all have that fan. The one who won't shut up. The one who isn't scared to yell absccenities at the refs. The one who is always complaining about their son having not enough playing time, or maybe just an unclassy fan always downing the other team.

It's just how it is. But, who has more then one?

I don't know much about teams down South, I (used to) live in the Panhandle, so it's about the only teams I can keep up with.

So who has the mouthiest fans? Time to piss off some folks!!

Let me call out one District in particular. D2D2. Hedley had a running back, #36, who I knew was pretty dirty. I think he graduated, not sure. And I remember a parent who was constantly yelling. Silverton has more then a few adults who dont have problems screaming at the other team, or refs, or a fly on their nachos.

I used to make it to Lefors games often, but haven't in 4 or 5 years. I know they were the kings of trash talking.

In D1, ya'll tell me. The only D1's I could think of from the Panhandle are Valley, McLean, and Miami.

Valley wins and loses with class, always. Their coach has good mannered kids. I have never heard of Miami kids or parents mouthing. I know at Mclean in the past their have been issues, but that's been 10 years ago.

Blum. There are some great people there, but the loud mouth trash talkers outnumber them. I've heard them cheering " that's it, take another one out!" while a player from the opposing team was being checked for injuries.

Normally, I don't even register anything that the fans say, but I have to point out a highlight that I caught a few weeks ago. Six-man school, but I won't reveal where to protect the guilty.

I backed up to the sideline after giving the kicker the ball and raised my arm to indicate the ready.

"Hey ref! Put your arm down cuz you stink!"

I laughed for about three plays.

I am surprised Milford hasnt been listed yet....(laughing).... But I guess thats just in basketball that we are considered rowdyyyyy....

justobserving":3lcghlva said:
Not in the Six Man World but you NEVER NEVER NEVER want to play in Friona. Indescribable.

One of the loudest booings and jeerings I've ever received as part of a crew was from Friona -- and they were the visitors! Those folks traveled well and let their voices be heard that night, for sure.

Good thing they didn't know that my wife came to watch that game and sat on their side!

As a coach have been cussed - named called - and verbally abused by adults after leaving the dressing room going to the Chieftan's field. Had the players cussed and yelled at by adults going through the gate to get to the field with the same treatment leaving the field after the game. Had this happen on more than one occasion. Don't get started about being in their gym....

I would love to hear about this from a historical perspective....when I played in the late 90s it was Loraine for us (it is easier to tell in the gym) and Hermleigh

oneday":32s1yhxk said:
I would love to hear about this from a historical perspective....when I played in the late 90s it was Loraine for us (it is easier to tell in the gym) and Hermleigh
When I was in school, it was Blum and Milford. In recent years, Milford fans seem to have calmed.

I played 6-man ball in the late 80's. When we would go to Tornillo near El Paso, DPS troopers, deputies and parents would form a line between us and the Tornillo fans just so we could get to the locker room from the field. One of the endzones was bordered by private property and on that property was a beer joint. The fans would park on that property, drink their beer and watch the game. One can only imagine. What an experience!

Nobody has mentioned the one school that I thought was the worst. I will not say, but there was plenty of alcohol on the sidelines, the announcer once got a penalty and the racism was out of control.

Oglesby a few seasons ago. One spectator. Language that had me moving my children out of hearing range (I am told that alcohol was a definitive factor in the verbal display). I'm not sure if the coaches, refs or opposing team members/fans ever complained but the other Oglesby fans sure did. After about the third (fourth?) game the school administrators (?someone?) finally must have had a little "talk" with the offending fan because he was thereafter conspicuous in his absence.

This kind of behaviour does not suppport a team. It diminishes a team.

That's one good thing about playing in TAPPS. We almost never have to deal with trash talk or alcohol. The fans are almost always mild mannered. I'm sure there may be some referees who might disagree with that statement though. :eek:)

I know Whitarral had some pretty bad fans. When I played them in high school, they followed us outside of town ranting and raving after we beat them.

Back