Top teams D1 and D2 2023

Blackwell did have a good team though. They came to play and Loraine seemed to be looking ahead or half asleep the first half.

I thought Loraine lost quite a bit by losing Dee, Perez, Delgado, Little and older Williams. But I know they still have a few young guys that are good. Losing Dee hurts, I loved watching him play because every play was 110%

50/50 between Benjamin and Albany. He's definitely interested in playing 11 man but his focus is more on basketball right now.

He's 15, people. Too many people forget that because of the caliber of athlete he is. Earlier in this thread someone said something about his build. He's 15! The kid was invited to Texas Tech's football camp and probably other D1s.

Benjamin knows what they were doing and it'll all come to fruition eventually if he does or doesn't stay.

That's all I got.
He’s not 15!!!!

I heard something interesting about this situation. But will wait for it to unfold
Yeah... Grayson Rigdon is 16 years old. He will be 18/19 as a senior just like many athletes including Tyler Ethridge. I believe his birthday is in November or December... still makes him eligible.
What's so interesting about that Wildcat5421?

Newcastle will be the team to beat even if Rigdon stays at Benjamin or winds up at Strawn. From what I saw of Newcastle last season they are talented and have several play makers returning. They might not be as deep as Balmorhea was a few seasons ago when they won state but they are close.

Yeah... Grayson Rigdon is 16 years old. He will be 18/19 as a senior just like many athletes including Tyler Ethridge. I believe his birthday is in November or December... still makes him eligible.
What's so interesting about that Wildcat5421?
Nope there is something else, I could care Less about his age to be honest. What I’m hearing will definitely have an impact on him. Just hope younger kids pay attention to this situation.

Newcastle will be the team to beat even if Rigdon stays at Benjamin or winds up at Strawn. From what I saw of Newcastle last season they are talented and have several play makers returning. They might not be as deep as Balmorhea was a few seasons ago when they won state but they are close.
Respect for Newcastle, but not likely they or anyone else can beat Benjamin with G. Rigdon, nor a lot of D2 teams you might add G. Rigdon to. Especially Strawn, the young man who's family (Derek Hinkson & Khink) moved to Strawn from Gordon is eligible for Varsity next season. Big plus, COACH LEE, STILL in STRAWN, so...

The Strawn scenario (in my post above) is why I asked a few months back, if anyone could see the possibility of Gordon & Strawn winning D1 & D2 State Championships the same year...

Oglesby returns 5 staters from last year
11-1 team .With the addition of two new players that moved into school district adds speed and size to already a talented team.Play May at home in non-district this year will tell if this team is ready to make a run at the State Crown…

Oglesby returns 5 staters from last year
11-1 team .With the addition of two new players that moved into school district adds speed and size to already a talented team.Play May at home in non-district this year will tell if this team is ready to make a run at the State Crown…
Well it's settled. Grayson is in Oglesby. 🙄 I'll believe it when I see it.

Did add a 8th grader but two new players are high school .
Rigdon did reach out for a job here in Oglesby by the way…

Respect for Newcastle, but not likely they or anyone else can beat Benjamin with G. Rigdon, nor a lot of D2 teams you might add G. Rigdon to. Especially Strawn, the young man who's family (Derek Hinkson & Khink) moved to Strawn from Gordon is eligible for Varsity next season. Big plus, COACH LEE, STILL in STRAWN, so...
Didn't a lot of the Benjamin starters graduate? I don't think Benjamin reloads that fast, even if Rigdon stays.

Didn't a lot of the Benjamin starters graduate? I don't think Benjamin reloads that fast, even if Rigdon stays.
I think they’ll be fine, they lose a lot of blocking and defense but if Rigdon stays I like a backfield of Rigdon and Hayes.. don’t forget, Hayes balled out as a freshman back at Water Valley, who will replace him at Q if he is moved to the backfield is the question… isn’t there another Hayes getting ready to play Varsity ball soon?? I’m sure he will be the Q if so. But they will struggle early in the season working in new blockers on offense and figuring out where to place guys on Defense.. they have a great coaching staff so we shall see what happens if Rigdon stays. Fun season coming up!

Benjamin does lose a ton but with Rigdon, and the two Hayes brothers they will be just fine. The younger Hayes will be a freshman and the kid is the real deal. The biggest thing for them to figure out would definitely be blocking.

Back