Top players in school history

While I would never want to correct the Richland fans about their own school, I think Patrick Couch and Shelby Smith deserve consideration as well. Couch was a BULLY on the field and Smith rushed the spread back as well as anyone I have ever seen.

I also thought the spread back in 2015 (#8, I think it is Reeves) was very talented as well and about as good as anyone not named Tyler Ethridge.

Lohn is pretty easy to do haha, in chronological order:

William Convington
Chris Short
Josh Ewing
Justin Solesberry
Riley McFarland
Jason Bloomer
Alex Salinas
Josh Fore
Josh Aguilar

Spur Bulldogs:

1. Trent Day
2. CJ Walker
3. Logun Timberlake
3. Cole Clark
4. Landon Hinson
5. Brady Hinson
6. Thomas Tilton
7. Cameron Tover
8. Antonio Salazar
9. Casey Redden
10. Gordon Hampton

WadeGarrett":3mip0qq2 said:
Spur Bulldogs:

1. Trent Day
2. CJ Walker
3. Logun Timberlake
3. Cole Clark
4. Landon Hinson
5. Brady Hinson
6. Thomas Tilton
7. Cameron Tover
8. Antonio Salazar
9. Casey Redden
10. Gordon Hampton

I want to know who were the stud players on that 1930 team!

Leman Saunders":lmyd57aq said:
WadeGarrett":lmyd57aq said:
Spur Bulldogs:

1. Trent Day
2. CJ Walker
3. Logun Timberlake
3. Cole Clark
4. Landon Hinson
5. Brady Hinson
6. Thomas Tilton
7. Cameron Tover
8. Antonio Salazar
9. Casey Redden
10. Gordon Hampton

I want to know who were the stud players on that 1930 team!

1. Oscar Colquitt
2. Allan Shivers
3. Beauford Jester

MilfordInsider":u86bw1gw said:
Milford (I can only give you my top 5, 10 would be too hard.)
Tracy Hightower
Jamie Johnson
Ta’Ron Smith
Chris Perkins
Jacobe Essary

And not a single one would start for McLean or Strawn.

Not a expert but even though Trent has had some bad years lately but they do have some players from the past that were salty.

1-Bebo Beaver- pure speed. 1a state champ in 100 meters
2- Lewis Knapp- 10 touchdowns in a bi-district win over Panther Creek. Sadly Trent ran into Ft. Hancock
3-Mike Payne- Brutal linebacker and fullback
4-Bo Simpson- Big back that had great speed
5- Albert Booker- great speed that played on the last really good Trent team.

Throckmorton Greyhounds
This top 10 is in no particular order
1. Bryce Hogue
2. Logan Scarlett
3. Dillon Rankin
4. All 3 Oliver Brothers
5. Michael Everett
6. Gary Farquhar
7. Tucker Brown
8. Levi Taylor
9. CJ Hantz
10. Casey Mitchell

dawgy":12jn9whx said:
Not a expert but even though Trent has had some bad years lately but they do have some players from the past that were salty.

1-Bebo Beaver- pure speed. 1a state champ in 100 meters
2- Lewis Knapp- 10 touchdowns in a bi-district win over Panther Creek. Sadly Trent ran into Ft. Hancock
3-Mike Payne- Brutal linebacker and fullback
4-Bo Simpson- Big back that had great speed
5- Albert Booker- great speed that played on the last really good Trent team.

IMO Booker was not a good football player, Simpson was no doubt. Payne was good! Sharp is better than all listed I think, cant remember his first name...Roy maybe, WR and kicker I believe in 1972. Beaver's from 1970s as well. Simpson is #2 (but he was 19-20 yo playing so there's that...anyone still on here remember those topics!!!). O'Kelly from the 1940s should be top 5 as well

OK once again I will point out "top players in school history" so for Throckmorton if you dont have Bob Lilly as #1...let alone in the top 10...it's kind of ridiculous. Bryce Houge was GREAT...but Bob Lilly would eat Bryce Houge

And Pete Stout another NFL player from Throckmorton

Blue Bird":32ur2ard said:
Didn't Bob Lily graduate from some place in Oregon? I'm not real sure that he actually played for Throckmorton in high school.
You are correct. His family was originally in the Throckmorton area but they moved after his junior year(All District) at Throckmorton and he finished his senior year playing at Pendleton High School in Oregon. He was All State at Pendleton.

WadeGarrett":210nrar9 said:
MilfordInsider":210nrar9 said:
Milford (I can only give you my top 5, 10 would be too hard.)
Tracy Hightower
Jamie Johnson
Ta’Ron Smith
Chris Perkins
Jacobe Essary

And not a single one would start for McLean or Strawn.
Im pretty sure they all could start for Mclean or Strawn three guys on this list has beat Strawn that I know for sure.

Stay Purple3":3t2736am said:
Throckmorton Greyhounds
This top 10 is in no particular order
1. Bryce Hogue
2. Logan Scarlett
3. Dillon Rankin
4. All 3 Oliver Brothers
5. Michael Everett
6. Gary Farquhar
7. Tucker Brown
8. Levi Taylor
9. CJ Hantz
10. Casey Mitchell

Taylor Hardy would have to be considered for this list. Kid was an absolute force on offense and defense. Since If you're talking strictly six man players I think you have to consider Cole Martinson and Joe Davis as well.

I agree with most of the Throckmorton list. Leman I was just speaking about the six man period. Obviously Mr. Cowboy would be #1. Also you misspelled Hogue I believe. I assume the last comment from Tony is a homer . I would not have Hardy on there. I think I saw almost all of those kids play and they were a blast to watch.

JimmyJohn":26vafpxx said:
I agree with most of the Throckmorton list. Leman I was just speaking about the six man period. Obviously Mr. Cowboy would be #1. Also you misspelled Hogue I believe. I assume the last comment from Tony is a homer . I would not have Hardy on there. I think I saw almost all of those kids play and they were a blast to watch.

I didn't know the Hardy kid or his family it all. Just know he played with 6 of the guys on the list and I'd take him over a couple of them. Obviously Throckmorton fans that saw more then 3 or 4 games a year would have a better take on it.

Back