Texas Tech

hogcaller10":22trvrki said:
19bootleg":22trvrki said:
Tech is definately the step child. They've even been passed up by TCU when it comes to state-wide powerhouses.

Look up the stats there partner! Tech has won 10 out of the last 12 against atm! The only team from Texas that owns Tech is Texas! Tech has won 31 of 45 game against TCU all time! Tech beat TCU 2 of the last 3 seasons!

When talking about state-wide, or nation wide, recognition. It's TCU. Tech will have their wins over big teams once in a while, and I didn't say anything about all - time win/loss records. As of today, TCU is passed Tech in respect, recognition, coaching and talent.

Tech will never get the athletes that Texas and OU get. They can't compete for the 5 and 4 star recruits like the other teams have done.

hogcaller10":3vj3bhi9 said:
19bootleg":3vj3bhi9 said:
Tech beat TCU 2 of the last 3 seasons!

Looks like someone else needs to look up the stats.

Tech lost to TCU last year. They didn't play in 05. Tech won in 04. They didn't play in 03.

That's 1-1 in the last 4 years. Do we need to keep going?

Ok, then why can't they seem to beat TECH? atm and powerhouse shouldn't even be in the same sentance! I will agree that TECH doesn't have the talent as the other but we still seem to upset OU and UT at least once a year. You can't argue with the offensve coaching staff of TTU!

19bootleg":2mm2x1f4 said:
hogcaller10":2mm2x1f4 said:
19bootleg":2mm2x1f4 said:
Tech beat TCU 2 of the last 3 seasons that they played!

Looks like someone else needs to look up the stats.

Tech lost to TCU last year. They didn't play in 05. Tech won in 04. They didn't play in 03.

That's 1-1 in the last 4 years. Do we need to keep going?

It seems you weren't reading what I wrote. The last 3 times they played tech is 2-1 Vs. TCU 2006, 2004, and 1995.

I graduated from Hardin-Simmons.

Does that disqualify me from talking about Texas A&M, Texas Tech, or UT?

It doesn't matter where anyone graduated from or if they didn't graduate at all. We're all fans of our favorite teams and we'll all share our opinions. The fact that you attend(ed) Texas Tech doesn't make your opinion any more valid than mine.

I root for the Dallas Cowboys on Sundays. However, I don't live in Dallas and never played a down with the team. Can I still be a fan, please?

Exactly.

I graduated from North Texas. I'm a North Texas fan. I'm not a fan of any of those schools really.

So, when it comes down to it, I'm just stating the facts. And that's coming from a source that's non-biased. I doubt this guy even attended an institution of higher education. What do you say?

Go Cowboys!

I played baseball at Hardin-Simmons before I transferred to Tech, best decision I ever made! And yes I have a bachelor's degree in animal science and a secondary degree in education! I think it does matter in some way because you get a better understanding of a certain university rather than an opinion! In the Big 12 there are only two real powerhouses......OU and Texas! Don't try to mix ATM and in there and TCU is in another conference. They have decent football programs but they are not that great! Tech is nationally recognized as the nation's top offence year in and year out, along with Hawaii. I never said Tech was a powerhouse, nor did I reflect any opinions.

I predict Tech to lose 2 maybe 3 games this year! That's not bad and I believe they will be in the top 15 by year's end! Where will ATM and TCU be? Probably bout the same, if not ranked lower! I will say that ATM gets ten times better recruits than Tech or TCU! Why aren't they beating us? We get above average players and the coaches make our team better! Where is TCU ranked in the nation's top catagories? ATM?

Funny? I'll stand behind my alma mater.

Either way, you were giving Tech too much credit. As all techies do. It's ok, that's the public's perception of you guys.

As for A&M, you have to look at the entire body of work, not just the past few years. Fran should be fired. They'll be back.

TCU has a heck of a defense, and offense. Those guys are like you guys, though. They think they don't get the credit they should. Texas showed them last week, they don't belong in the same breathe. But, they are still a heck of a program.

Today was typical Tech ball, score a bunch, give up more. They do this every year lose to UT and OK, and then drop 1-2 to teams they shouldn't lose to.

well...one of the advantages of beening a tech fan, is Lubbock has some awesome bars to drink your sorrows away from the amazing emotional rollercoaster ride we call, RED RAIDER FOOTBALL!!

I've never attended UT, I wish too expensive though.. But I love the horns.. and I will give it to Tech they have an explosive passing offense, but they arent an elite team, even in Texas. Their defense is non-existent. And they will never be able to recruit an elite back because the back is more less a receiver because they totally neglect the running game, which keeps their terrible Defense on the field. Hawaii can actually play defense, and Colt Brennen (however its spelled) is probably the most underrated qb in the nation in my opinion a clear cut heisman finalist

8) :lol: guess, what tech lost too osu, they had a shootout. tech has no defense. just offense, i doubt they will beat ou, even in lubbock. they have alot of studs on this team. ou is a different team in 2007. they have only given up only 47-points on defense, and on offense scored 246. so that tells you something. they will stop the spread offense, and put pressure on harrell haha. we got colorado this week. ou is averging 62, a game too. see ya ou-johnny.

Back