Texas six man coaches association all star game

Who is the coach of the east in the all star game. He has talent he is not using. Nathen Rice was the leading passer in the country, this coach is leaving in a quarterback that has fumbled the ball over and over. He is not calling plays where they can even make a first down. Who put this coach as the coach for the east? I

I was told that this coach had his starting lineup all picked out before the boys even got there. He didnt even let most of them try out for positions. He should have put Rice in as quarterback and opened up the game. The east could do nothing on the ground. I have never seen so many fumbles in a game and a coach who didn't pull the player who was fumbling. I can't imagine a coach who has the number one passer in the country putting that player on defense. Such a travesty. I am not saying that the east would have won the game, but it would have been a much better game if it had been called right. I have seen a lot of those boys who were not starters play before, they deserved a chance. I am saddened for those boys who, knowing they were as good as the starters, didn't get a chance to prove it. Who chose this coach?

Even the camera man from Aquilla on the sidelines was saying that Rice should have been the quarterback. I am not saying the other boy was not good and didn't try, but it would have looked much better on him if the coach had at least alternated the quarterbacks. I am sad for him, too.

Its an allstar game everyone got to play and Im sure the coach did the best he could in the few days he had to prepare....chill out! Besides I heard some coaches say they went to several of the workouts and the Rice kid couldn't complete a pass all week.

I think you should talk to some of the other players, lol. I heard much differently. How many passes were completed for the east tonight?
I heard the other quarterback fumbled all week and all his passes went into the dirt.

By the way, the other coach had just as short a time to prepare his team as well.

You bet I am not happy. Those boys were looking forward to this game all year and so many of them didn't even get to play, or played very little. I have seen some of those boys play and they are very good.

The coach did the other quarterback no favors, if he had opened up the game with some good passing, it would have been a much better game. He should have at least alternated quarterbacks to keep the other team guessing. The east certainly could not run against the west, their defense was way to strong for that.

I hope some of those coaches you talked to come and post that online, and, if they said that, I am sure they will. If not, I guess you just heard wrong or misunderstood.

The boys who played for the east deserved much better. It was the last time many of them will get to suit up for football.

Rice was completing passes at practice, but the coaches did the best THEY could with the time they had. Things like this happen at times hope no player, parent, or fan has any hard feelings it happens, its life.

So true, but maybe by speaking out, the coaches association will make a better choice of coaches next year so this doesn't happen again. We can't change this year, but maybe we can make an impact on next year.

Actually,
coach selection
will only make a difference
when a different KIND of coach is selected.
One who's priority is the benefit of all the boys in their last game,
not another notch in his personal win column.
I'm not surprised.
There's NO excuse
for all the boys not playing some in this game.
It's not hard to do.

Dogface, I agree, and who would put a coaching team that has never even won district against a powerhouse coaching team who seldom loses, whose team was first in the state and usually on top. Doesn't make sense. Then this east coach had most of his starters picked out before the boys even got there, unbelievable.

hiscounsel":4bxjczjc said:
Dogface, I agree, and who would put a coaching team that has never even won district against a powerhouse coaching team who seldom loses, whose team was first in the state and usually on top. Doesn't make sense. Then this east coach had most of his starters picked out before the boys even got there, unbelievable.

You are right, it is not hard to let all the boys play. Years ago, I coached a teen age girls softball team and the rules were that EVERY girl got to play at least on inning. It WASN'T hard to do.

Back