Texas Commie Pinko School List (non-football)

Big article in Sunday's San Antonio metro paper about a possible future six-man school ... but reading the article, maybe they'll have crowded field numbers by the time they get around to it.

Doesn't hurt your enrollment numbers when you run buses into school districts 60 miles or so out of your district to pick up kids, though.

School in Eagle Ford Shale swells with newcomers
By Jessica Kwong
San Antonio Express News
March 4, 2012

TILDEN — Every weekday morning, the rumble of buses dropping off students at McMullen County's only public school gets drowned out by the heavy trucks whizzing by on Texas 16.

Tilden is a small town, and with 235 students in pre-K through 12th grades, the school is small, too — even after enrollment jumped 42 percent in a year and a half.

Outside, students can see the reason: drilling rigs in the distance. At recess, they run, slide and swing at a new playground built with corporate donations, a list brimming with names including Petrohawk Energy, Chesapeake Energy, Rush Truck Centers.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_ ... z1o9n9pvLU

Edward Golden":2fhzium0 said:
Looks like enough schools there for a Basketball Only Conference....

I agree!!

Two of the four teams are in the state tourney are on the list!! Lipan was in the Regional Tourney also. Wonder how many others made a long run? I will have to have a look.

We got took out second round by one of those teams at the big dance!! Ugh!!

lifegatesports":10rrz6mx said:
Back to topic:

Official Texas Commie Pinko School List
2012 Six Man Version based on UIL Data
51 Schools

Spurger 98
North Zulch 97
San Isidro 96
Grand Prairie Harmony Science 95.76 Charter
Burkeville 93
Kennard 87
Clyde Eula 86
Douglass 86
Ector 84
Yantis 84
Moulton 83.5
Corpus Christi London * 81
Slidell 79
San Perlita 78
Saltillo 75
LaMarque Premier Learning 74 Charter
Cumby Miller Grove 72
Lipan 72
Sulphur Bluff 72
Dodd City 69
Graford 69
Waxahachie Faith Family ** 68 Charter
Goodrich 67
Utopia 67
Comstock 65
Tilden McMullen 64
Corpus Christi College Prep 60 Charter
Fayetteville 58
Round Top-Carmine 57
Waelder 57
Huckabay 56
Leggett 56
Bellvue53
Avinger 52
Hartley 50.5
Channing 49
Dime Box 48
Knippa 44
Richards 42
Laneville 41
Austwell-Tivoli 40
Nocona Prairie Valley 38
Briscoe Fort Elliott 36
Henrietta Midway 34
Adrian 31
Nordheim 30
Texline 30
Priddy 29
Groveton Centerville 27
Marathon *** 14
Valentine *** 9

* new high school from previous K-8 district; they started high school in fall 2011 -9th grade only- and plan to add football in future years (district has K-8 enrollment around 400)

** There is a non-school affiliated "club" team that goes by this name, but they are not sanctioned by the school.

*** If you're under 20 kids, I'll give you a pass from the Commie Pinko School list.

Bolded schools played 6 man at one time or another.

lifegatesports":1ke2zo65 said:
Back to topic:

Official Texas Commie Pinko School List
2012 Six Man Version based on UIL Data
51 Schools

Spurger 98
North Zulch 97
San Isidro 96
Grand Prairie Harmony Science 95.76 Charter
Burkeville 93
Kennard 87
Clyde Eula 86
Douglass 86
Ector 84
Yantis 84
Moulton 83.5
Corpus Christi London * 81
Slidell 79
San Perlita 78
Saltillo 75
LaMarque Premier Learning 74 Charter
Cumby Miller Grove 72
Lipan 72
Sulphur Bluff 72
Dodd City 69
Graford 69
Waxahachie Faith Family ** 68 Charter
Goodrich 67
Utopia 67
Comstock 65
Tilden McMullen 64
Corpus Christi College Prep 60 Charter
Fayetteville 58
Round Top-Carmine 57
Waelder 57
Huckabay 56
Leggett 56
Bellvue 53
Avinger 52
Hartley 50.5
Channing 49
Dime Box 48
Knippa 44
Richards 42
Laneville 41
Austwell-Tivoli 40
Nocona Prairie Valley 38
Briscoe Fort Elliott 36
Henrietta Midway 34
Adrian 31
Nordheim 30
Texline 30
Priddy 29
Groveton Centerville 27
Marathon *** 14
Valentine *** 9

* new high school from previous K-8 district; they started high school in fall 2011 -9th grade only- and plan to add football in future years (district has K-8 enrollment around 400)

** There is a non-school affiliated "club" team that goes by this name, but they are not sanctioned by the school.

*** If you're under 20 kids, I'll give you a pass from the Commie Pinko School list.

No Roxton??

WildcatClassOf89":lvz9557k said:
Edward Golden":lvz9557k said:
Looks like enough schools there for a Basketball Only Conference....

I agree!!

Two of the four teams are in the state tourney are on the list!! Lipan was in the Regional Tourney also. Wonder how many others made a long run? I will have to have a look.

We got took out second round by one of those teams at the big dance!! Ugh!!
In region 1:
Bi-district round: 4 of 24 were commie-pinko
Area: 2 of 16
Reg quartefinal: 2 of 8
Reg semifinal: 1 of 4
Regional final: 0 of 2

Commie pinko didn't fare too well in this region.

Region 2:
Bi-district: 3 of 24
Area: 3 of 16
Reg q-fin: 2 of 8
Reg s-fin: 2 of 4
Reg final: 2 of 2

Only 3 made the playoffs, two made it all the way.

Region 3:
Bi-district: 14 of 24
Area: 9 of 16
Reg q-fin: 8 of 8
Reg semis: 4 of 4
Reg finals: 2 of 2

Nothing but commie-pinko

Region 4:
Bi-district: 11 of 24
Area: 8 of 16
Reg quarters: 5 of 8
Reg semis: 1 of 4
Reg finals: 1 of 2

2 thumbs up for the football schools!!!

Total:
Bi-district: 32 of 96. 33.3%
Area: 22 of 64. 34.4%
Regional quarterfinals: 17 of 32. 53.1%
Regional semifinals: 8 of 16. 50%
Regional finals: 5 of 8. 62.5%
State semi's: 2 of 4. 50%

One other thing to consider. Out of all the schools that fit into this basketball division. The commie-pinko make up roughly 15 to 18 percent. (I didn't do the exact math). Now compare that to the percentages that were in each round of the playoffs.

Question: Are there any schools that only play football and choose to not play basketball? (Our boys closely resemble that, but they do in fact have a basketball team)

hornkeeper12":36rcr6jm said:
Question: Are there any schools that only play football and choose to not play basketball? (Our boys closely resemble that, but they do in fact have a basketball team)

Horns: It would be kinda cruel not to have something for the boys to do between football and spring football seasons (oops, I forget, we private schools can have spring football at all levels; I guess track is a substitute for spring football).

lifegatesports":2a3j5cmc said:
hornkeeper12":2a3j5cmc said:

Horns: It would be kinda cruel not to have something for the boys to do between football and spring football seasons (oops, I forget, we private schools can have spring football at all levels; I guess track is a substitute for spring football).
That's true, but I think its cruel to not offer football. And I think its cruel to put those non football schools in our basketball district too.

Midland Early College High School has no football or any other sport. Please add it to your pinko commie school list.

The kids in that school (9-12 grade) are on a program where at the end of 4 years they graduate with a high school degree plus an associates degree if they stick with the program (the classes are all at the local community college). You apply in 8th grade, get interviewed and go through a selection process. If the kid gets in and completes the program s/he is going to save his/her parents 2 years worth of college expenses.

They pick @ 25 students from each junior high out of the applicants. So my kid is telling me that a lot of the boys don't apply because they don 't want to miss out on HS football and a lot of the girls don't apply becuase they don't want to miss out on the HS prom. I, on the other hand, looked at what college costs these days and told my kid not only was she going to apply, but hell yes she was going to apply. Now we are waiting to see if my kid's interviewing skills are sufficient to save me several grand $.

(Oh and a lot of kids didn't want to apply because the counselors made it clear that if you get in the program you'll be doing some serious work - I was informed by one of my kid's friends that high school was for having a good time not for working your azz off.)

hornkeeper12":2w71nn64 said:

It could be considered as an off-season conditioning sport......

Back