TAPPS State Basketball -- March 2/3 @ Mansfield/Ft Worth

lifegatesports":3en6z0ud said:
Dog, my guess is that TAPPS might have won and gotten any TRO dismissed. But it would take a few weeks AND perhaps drag Mansfield ISD into the proceedings. Now, I don't have any inside information, but my GUESS is that TAPPS did not want to see that happen.

And the Beren momma/poppa lawyer wisely waited until Thursday morning to file suit when options would be limited.

Yep. The lawyer saw an opportunity to grab a hostage (Mansfield) and took it. Pretty slimy.

eaglesnest":3erbitkq said:
Dogface":3erbitkq said:
Beren just seems to want
the same consideration
that TAPPS has already another school in the past.
You people aren't looking at TAPPS hard enough.
I think it's a shame someone had to get a lawyer
to get TAPPS to pull their head out.

all true... but at the same time, is a rule not a rule??
It quit being a rule when TAPPS broke it the first time.

lifegatesports":2dvduulm said:
Dogface":2dvduulm said:
What the heck did TAPPS think those Jews would do?
They're a culture of survivors.
DUH
TAPPS is lucky to still have their head.

Dog, my guess is that TAPPS might have won and gotten any TRO dismissed. But it would take a few weeks AND perhaps drag Mansfield ISD into the proceedings. Now, I don't have any inside information, but my GUESS is that TAPPS did not want to see that happen.

And the Beren momma/poppa lawyer wisely waited until Thursday morning to file suit when options would be limited.
Exactly.
TAPPS picked the wrong fight.
TAPPS would not have won that fight
against ANY other school.
They sealed their fate when they made an exception
THE FIRST TIME.
I don't get why they they didn't make an exception this time.
Oh, wait, they must have called the UIL
alignment monkey and asked them what they should do.
No way around it,
TAPPS screwed up.
Live and learn, again.

I've heard there may be as many as three tv station satellite trucks parked at Nolan tomorrow afternoon...

From my favorite legal website, www.tapps.net:

This is to clarify a previous statement.

This morning, an attorney sent TAPPS a copy of a Temporary Restraining Order, and other odcuments, on behalf of persons who had an interest in Beren Academy. He stated that he was prepared to file these documents with the appropriate District Judge. The TRO was not filed, since TAPPS agreed to allow Beren Academy to compete in the State Tournament, rather than have the tournament delayed by a court hearing.

The attorneys representing both parties agreed that the TRO would not be filed as long as Beren Academy could participate in the tournament, while honoring their Sabbath.

The 2A Boys semi-final game between Beren Academy and Dallas Covenant will be played at 2:00pm on Friday March 2, 2012 at Ft Worth Nolan Catholic High School. If Beren wins, it will play the winner of the Abilene Christian-Logos Prep semi-final at Nolan Catholic High School at 8:00pm Saturday March 3, 2012.

If Beren loses the semi-final, Dallas Covenant will play the Abilene Christian-Logos Prep winner at 2:00pm at Mansfield Legacy High School on Saturday March 3, 2012.

(posted 3/1/12)

TAPPS told them Monday that it wasn't going to happen. So the school continues to practice just in case there is a change of heart (what one article I read said). I don't buy that their administration had no idea. No way, no how. And if they were as principled as they want everyone to believe they should have declined when they found out and said the actions of the parent was inappropriate.

1987":1o7jo9aj said:
TAPPS told them Monday that it wasn't going to happen. So the school continues to practice just in case there is a change of heart (what one article I read said). I don't buy that their administration had no idea. No way, no how. And if they were as principled as they want everyone to believe they should have declined when they found out and said the actions of the parent was inappropriate.

Yeah, I thought of that too. I'm trying really hard to not let it bother me so much. It's not really working. But at least the late night Saturday game will be in Fort Worth instead of Mansfield. That'll let us get home a little bit sooner than we would from Mansfield. We can't spend the night Saturday. Gotta be at church at 8am, as we have some commitments we can't miss.

Hopefully Covenant will blow their doors off tomorrow and it'll be done with.

Shane":vimtpayp said:
Hopefully Covenant will blow their doors off tomorrow and it'll be done with.

A couple thoughts ...

What if the game goes triple OT? And the sun it is a settin ...

And then again, I remember a time when a Jewish kid did pretty well tossing a rock ...

Please, NO long, drawn-out OTs taking the game into sunset. Lord knows what kind of problems that would create. LOL

As long as ACHS wins two games this weekend, I'm gonna be happy. It doesn't really matter what time of day the games are or who the opponents are. I'm just hoping to get some pics of some hometown state champs.

Shane":29t78nen said:
As long as ACHS wins two games this weekend, I'm gonna be happy. It doesn't really matter what time of day the games are or who the opponents are
I could not agree more. Very proud of our boys this year. I told my son last night not to get wrapped up in this whole story with HB. Play hard and enjoy it. Very few kids win a state championship in anything. And the chance to win two in one year.......?
See you tonight Shane.
Go Panthers !!!!!

Well, for some basketball results (sixman schools in bold):

1A Boys: San Antonio Gateway Christian 37, Planview Christian 32
Boerne Geneva 54, Orange Community Christian 50

Finals 2 pm @ Ft Worth Nolan: Gateway vs Geneva

1A Girls: Granbury Happy Hill 72, San Antonio River City Believers 43
Boerne Geneva 49, Spring Providence Classical 20

Finals 12 noon @ Ft. Worth Nolan: Happy Hill vs. Geneva

2A Boys, in case you missed the papers and television and internet and leaflet drops:
Abilene Christian 64, Sugar Land Logos Prep 55
Houston Beren 58, Dallas Covenant 46

Finals 8 pm @ Ft. Worth Nolan: Abilene Christian vs Beren

2A Girls: Muenster Sacred Heart 54, San Antonio Lutheran 42

3A Boys: Fort Worth Calvary 54, Tomball Rosehill Christian 48 *

3A Girls: Amarillo San Jacinto Christian 34, Austin Brentwood Christian 32
Tomball Rosehill Christian 47 *, Amarillo Arbor Christian 41 **

Finals 12 Noon @ Mansfield Summit: San Jacinto vs Rosehill *

* Rosehill played 6 man in 2011, will play crowded field in 2012
** Arbor played crowded field in 2011, will play 6 man in 2012

Shane":3b6enszo said:
So if, by chance, ACHS and Beren play in the finals my family and I will likely miss worship at our home church Sunday morning. Rather than driving home Saturday evening, we'll probably stay ANOTHER night in a hotel rather than driving home after midnight. But as long as we don't inconvenience Beren, it's all good, right?
LOL

Shane ... if you and the other good folks from Abilene Christian (and for that matter, Logos Prep, since some of their kids will be awarded their all-tournament honors following the game tonight) are inconvenienced and have additional expenses, you might want to send your recieipts and list of those expenses (of which I know you will try to keep as low as possible) to:

Robert Wanderscheid - Business Manager
Beren Academy
11333 Cliffwood Drive
Houston, TX 77035
(713) 723-7170

Back