TAPPS football vs TCAL/TCAF football

EaglePrideFan

11-man fan
Thought I would stir it up a bit today and post a thought/opinion.

After spending more than a couple years watching my fair share of TAPPS sixman football and a couple of the "other" leagues, I have come to the conclusion that TAPPS football is far and above superior than TCAL/TCAF football. Not to take anything away from their champions, they earned those championships by taking care of their business. However, at the end of the day, TAPPS football is just so much better and played at a much higher level, top to bottom.

What say you?

Your not comparing apples to apples when you try to make these comparisons. Why don't we form leagues based on athletic budgets, coaches salaries, and facilities?

Oh, we do don't we, its called UIL, taxpayer funded, TAPPS, high cost tuition and donor funded, TCAL/TCAF/TAIAO, scrape by with whatever you can get out of your own players families funded. Look and see who has the biggest athletic budgets with the nicest facilities and the biggest coaching staffs and you will find those teams which are historically at the top.

Heb 12:29":2zn45v2s said:
Your not comparing apples to apples when you try to make these comparisons. Why don't we form leagues based on athletic budgets, coaches salaries, and facilities?

Oh, we do don't we, its called UIL, taxpayer funded, TAPPS, high cost tuition and donor funded, TCAL/TCAF/TAIAO, scrape by with whatever you can get out of your own players families funded. Look and see who has the biggest athletic budgets with the nicest facilities and the biggest coaching staffs and you will find those teams which are historically at the top.

Absolutely.

Why try and compare? Enjoy the level of competition that your son plays and hopefully he will have success. There are a few TAPPS schools that can beat public 6 man teams but Geneva was the exception not the rule. I have no idea about TCAL or TCAF but I suspect that they have some teams who can do the same to TAPPS teams DIII, DII, or DI. Thats why they play the games.

If you want to compare teams/leagues there is always Granger's rating number. You can argue his formula all you want but it has been pretty darn accurate over the years. There is also the "Why Test" button on the right hand side of the hompage. You'll never know who is the best team unless there is a head-to-head match up, but these numbers are a pretty good barometer of who "should" be better.

Eagle, what do you use to make this statement? I would love to have a conversation about it, but I don't know what you are basing it on.
The only rankings I have ever looked at are Grangers and Max Preps, both have there flaws and may be biased in different ways, are you basing this on an individual team, or small group of teams, what are you using?

I would agree in part with your assessment...

Do believe that TAPPS is a better level than TCAL/TCAF....But at the end of the day (and I am partial here) think that TAIAO (which gets very little love) has taken hugs strides in distancing from the other two (TCAL/TCAF)...

Top end of TCAL/TCAF are strong, but competition top to bottom realizes a VERY wide separation....Sounds like the addition of a couple of new schools for next year will continue to show/grow TAIAO distancing even further.

barny75070":mrch01d9 said:
I would agree in part with your assessment...

Do believe that TAPPS is a better level than TCAL/TCAF....But at the end of the day (and I am partial here) think that TAIAO (which gets very little love) has taken hugs strides in distancing from the other two (TCAL/TCAF)...

Top end of TCAL/TCAF are strong, but competition top to bottom realizes a VERY wide separation....Sounds like the addition of a couple of new schools for next year will continue to show/grow TAIAO distancing even further.

Top end of TCAF is strong but a wide separation??? What are you looking at? Take a look at the playoff brackets , looks like TAIAO is more lopsided top end!!! Not that it really matters but since you put it out there!

I was not involved with TCAF this last season but when I was involved they were trying to form a homeschool division , appearing to attempt bringing the leagues closer together. May be more than I know in that story???

so a coach of a TAIAO school believes there league is better, wow I never would have thought a coach would think there own league is better.

Again, what are you using to make this statement? You cannot say I think or it looks like or I believe.
What is your proof. Are you using rankings, H2H matchups, strength of schedule????
WHAT ARE YOU USING???????

bschupbach, you are correct. The team I represent was actually considering TCAF but logistically made no sense for us with the closest team being 3 hours away. I did appreciate TCAF leadership for working with our group and others who were interested in their organization. I believe they did everything they could to welcome the home school community into TCAF.

I'm sure Eagle and Barney have done some research to back their comments and are entitled to their own opinions.

The bottom line is this - it's all about the kids.

SWRaider":2ismiidw said:
so a coach of a TAIAO school believes there league is better, wow I never would have thought a coach would think there own league is better.
WHAT ARE YOU USING???????

coachbill":2ismiidw said:
Unfortunately, pride, power and the lack of integrity keeps iron from sharpening iron.

Wow, shots fired. Sounds like there's some serious contentment/jealousy going on here...

Strange when you have to resort to insulting your alleged "opponent" instead of respecting his argument by responding with an intuitive one yourself...

Your right Coach Dee, my apologies. My emotional ties with one organization spoke out of line.

My statement was not directed to anyone else.

coachbill,
I know your words were written without I'll intent. And, unfortunately, the motives you listed are far too common in the, no-so-friendly, discussion among leagues.

Back