TAPPS D2 Brackets are Out

freeagent

Six-man pro
As of 2 pm today, the bracket went online. There are some undetermined spots and I'm sure this link will be updated as games are added.

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?t ... ision%20II

I have a question outstanding to the wise men in charge on why McKinney Cornerstone was selected as a wildcard over Brownwood Victory Life. As I understand the rules, the last place team in a four team or less district was ineligible for the playoffs (Cornerstone was third in three-team D3), and although they had more wildcard points, I would think that Brownwood Victory Life (D2 3rd place in four team district) would have been selected. Will confirm, but right now, we go with what's on the board.

First round games (Wildcard teams noted with *) :

Game 17: Fredericksburg Heritage (D4-2nd) vs Alvin Living Stones Christian (D5-2nd) at neutral site

Game 18: McKinney Cornerstone Christian (D3-3rd*) at El Paso Jesus Chapel (D1-1st)

Game 19: Plainview Christian (D1-3rd*) at Wichita Falls Notre Dame Catholic (D2-1st)

Game 20: San Antonio Town East Christian (D4-4th*) at Heath Fulton (D3-1st)

Game 21: Lubbock Kingdom Prep (D1-2nd) vs Granbury NCTA (D2-2nd) at neutral site

Game 22: Houston Texas Christian (D5-4th*) at Seguin Lifegate Christian (D4-1st), Fri 11/16 7:30 pm

Game 23: Lake Jackson Brazosport Christian (D5-3rd*) at Longview Trinity (D3-2nd)

Game 24: San Antonio Castle Hills First Baptist (D4-3rd*) at Orange Community Christian (D5-1st)

(updated Sunday AM)

Just got a message from my sources... McKinney Cornerstone makes it into the playoffs since Killeen Memorial Christian was in that district and started the season ... McKinney had 10 WCP, Brownwood 4.

Works for me.

El Paso Jesus Chapel wins Dist 1 with win over Plainview Christian.

If Lubbock Kingdom Prep wins, Kingdom Prep will be #2, Plainview #3.

As of Thurs AM

TAPPS DIVISION II

16-Nov Lubbock Kingdom Prep (D1-2nd) at Granbury NCTA (D2-2nd) 6:00 PM TAPPS D2 1st Round
16-Nov San Antonio Town East Christian (D4-4th*) at Heath Fulton (D3-1st) 6:00 PM TAPPS D2 1st Round
16-Nov Fredericksburg Heritage (D4-2nd) vs Alvin Living Stones Christian (D5-2nd) at Buckholts 7:30 PM TAPPS D2 1st Round
16-Nov Houston Texas Christian (D5-4th*) at Seguin Lifegate Christian (D4-1st) 7:30 PM TAPPS D2 1st Round
17-Nov Lake Jackson Brazosport Christian (D5-3rd*) at Longview Trinity (D3-2nd) 2:00 PM TAPPS D2 1st Round
17-Nov San Antonio Castle Hills First Baptist (D4-3rd*) at Orange Community Christian (D5-1st) 2:00 PM TAPPS D2 1st Round
El Paso Jesus Chapel (D1-1st) advances, McKinney Cornerstone Christian (D3-3rd*) withdrew TAPPS D2 1st Round
Wichita Falls Notre Dame Catholic (D2-1st) advances, Plainview Christian (D1-3rd) withdrew TAPPS D2 1st Round

I know that things happen after selection of teams, etc, but it would be nice to see another team be able to take a playoff spot if the first team can't compete. It would be easy to have an alternate wildcard team. If one team can't go, the alternate takes that team's place. I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see everyone play a full playoff schedule.

Let me extend some props to Texas Christian. They could have sent TAPPS a note, sorry, we don't want to play like some other schools did. But they showed up, did their best, and took a hard defeat and a trip back home. But they played. A lot of us like to rag on that school, but I give them credit for effort.

And I've been on the otherside of those 83-8 games. They aren't fun on the 8 side.

First Round (Bi-District) results:

16-Nov Fredericksburg Heritage 56 Alvin Living Stones Christian 7 at Buckholts 7:30 PM TAPPS D2 1st Round
16-Nov Granbury NCTA (Happy Hill) 59 Lubbock Kingdom Prep 12 at Granbury NCTA (Happy Hill) 6:00 PM TAPPS D2 1st Round
16-Nov Heath Fulton 70 San Antonio Town East Christian 53 at Rockwall HS 6:00 PM TAPPS D2 1st Round
16-Nov Seguin Lifegate Christian 83 Houston Texas Christian 8 at Seguin Lifegate Christian 7:30 PM TAPPS D2 1st Round
17-Nov Lake Jackson Brazosport Christian 73 Longview Trinity 56 at Longview Trinity 2:00 PM TAPPS D2 1st Round
17-Nov Orange Community Christian 77 San Antonio Castle Hills First Baptist 43 at Orange Community Christian 2:00 PM TAPPS D2 1st Round

El Paso Jesus Chapel (D1-1st) advances, McKinney Cornerstone Christian (D3-3rd*) withdrew TAPPS D2 1st Round
Wichita Falls Notre Dame Catholic (D2-1st) advances, Plainview Christian (D1-3rd*) withdrew TAPPS D2 1st Round

Second Round (Area) games:

24-Nov Fredericksburg Heritage vs El Paso Jesus Chapel at Garden City HS 2:30 PM TAPPS D2 2nd Round
24-Nov Wichita Falls Notre Dame Catholic vs Heath Fulton at Mineral Wells Miller 2:00 PM TAPPS D2 2nd Round
24-Nov Granbury NCTA (Happy Hill) vs Seguin Lifegate Christian at Waco Texas Christian (Parkview) 5:00 PM TAPPS D2 2nd Round
TBA Lake Jackson Brazosport Christian vs Orange Community Christian at TBA TBA TAPPS D2 2nd Round

You're incorrect. The major problem here is that certain teams were put into the playoffs in the first place. Consider poor Mckinney. Barely had enough kids to play games, forfeited their last game, already broke out the round balls, already told by higher ups they couldn't make the playoffs, then told..."Hey, your in the playoffs...go play a team that has been preparing this whole time." Why would they even waste the money for this? This isn't a problem with the teams. It's a problem with the wildcard system.

Then why are they even fielding a team in the first place. This is the thing that's continues to give private school athletics a black eye. It's when schools pick and choose when to compete.

loveofgame":88im5q3l said:
You're incorrect. The major problem here is that certain teams were put into the playoffs in the first place. Consider poor Mckinney. Barely had enough kids to play games, forfeited their last game, already broke out the round balls, already told by higher ups they couldn't make the playoffs, then told..."Hey, your in the playoffs...go play a team that has been preparing this whole time." Why would they even waste the money for this? This isn't a problem with the teams. It's a problem with the wildcard system.

My argument was that, although McKinney had more wildcard points than Brownwood Victory Life, Mc Kinney was #3 in a 3 team district and Brownwood (#3 in a 4 team district) should be in. But what I was told was that McKinney's district had four teams (Killeen Memorial started the season and withdrew, although I never saw them among the teams in that district on TAPPSter).

TAPPS does allow lower ranked teams to voluntarily withdraw from the playoffs (happened to us in volleyball when an opponent from the Rio Grande Valley decided not to make the trip). I wish there was a time frame (say 24 hours after brackets are released) for those teams to decline to participate; now, you could probably withdraw by faxing a letter to the TAPPS office five minutes or less before game time.

Killeen Memorial did play the first 4 games of the season (Wichita Christian beat them on 9/14), they forfeited the next game, won the game after that, and then forfeited the remainder of the season. District II had WF Christ Academy and Stonegate Christian Academy drop before the season started.

If I were a coach and I had 6 players that could suit up, I would take my team to the playoffs. The kids worked their tails off all season and should get the chance to play. Obviously, if you can only field 5 or less due to injury, that is a different story. If that is the case though, another team should have the chance to take that wildcard spot. Teams could be given the instruction to respond within 48 hours of the brackets being released if they can field a team or not. If not, then the next highest playoff wild card team would take their place.

24-Nov Fredericksburg Heritage vs El Paso Jesus Chapel at Garden City HS 2:30 PM TAPPS D2 2nd Round
24-Nov Wichita Falls Notre Dame Catholic vs Heath Fulton at Mineral Wells Miller 2:00 PM TAPPS D2 2nd Round
24-Nov Granbury NCTA (Happy Hill) vs Seguin Lifegate Christian at Waco Texas Christian (Parkview) 5:00 PM TAPPS D2 2nd Round
24-Nov Lake Jackson Brazosport Christian vs Orange Community Christian at Alvin Living Stones Christian 2:00 PM TAPPS D2 2nd Round

1-Dec Fredericksburg Heritage vs Wichita Falls Notre Dame Catholic at Zephyr 1:00 PM TAPPS D2 Semi-Finals
1-Dec Seguin Lifegate Christian vs Orange Community Christian at Bellville Faith 2:00 PM TAPPS D2 Semi-Finals

Back