Brackets are out... Time to jockey for position

lifegate,
does it really matter on 4th or 5th in District 3.

Let's study the bracket-ology 132.

District 3 5th place (Lifegate/Castle Hills)
travels to
District 1 champ ........ Brownwood Victory Life / WF Notre Dame

District 3 4th place (Castle Hills/Lifegate)
travels to
District 1 RU ....... Brownwood Victory Life / WF Notre Dame

District 1 wins both of these games...this year

I guess this fridays game between SA Castle Hills & Seguin Lifegate will determine who drives to Wichita Falls and who drives to Brownwood.
From your districts stand point, Brownwood is closer than Wichita Falls.

If these brackets hold true to form, Game #19 will have the makings of an offensive shootout.

I'm looking at San Antonio Town East traveling to Alvin Living Stones.
Bring your track shoes cause this will be an offensive extravaganza.
89-85 type of game

Kramer- If these two teams meet in the playoffs, I don't think it will a shootout. At least, I hope not. Outside of the Winston game Town East has played some decent defense. I also notice Alvin did a good job against Logos and Pine Drive. So, both teams can play defense. Maybe you were just commenting that both teams have explosive offenses, which I agree, so in that case it could be a fun game to watch in that respect.

Wonder Dog":31yuarhd said:
lifegate,
does it really matter on 4th or 5th in District 3.

Let's study the bracket-ology 132.

Shucks, our girls VB team has to go to Brownwood this Tuesday to play Wichita Christian in a playoff game.

You and I probably disagree on this. I think Districts 3 & 4 are deeper and stronger than 1 & 2. But I could be wrong.

And maybe 5th is a little softer ride to the semi-finals, as you'd get probably get the #2 team out of D2, instead of the #1 team (Heath Fulton). But then you get Freddy. Well, it was a nice year anyway.

But I always went by the playoff rule that you play every week until they tell you to stop playing and go home. And if you win that last game, they give you a nice gold ball. Doesn't really matter who you play each week, you just still gotta win that game to play the next week.

lifegatesports":2t1v9ndc said:
Doesn't really matter who you play each week, you just still gotta win that game to play the next week.
This is true unless you need to drive 5 hours as a super poor team to play the number 1 seed, then that's a bummer. The bummer is that we need to have teams in the playoffs that don't stand a chance. Like district 4 has 6 teams, maybe the top 3 should make playoffs. I know it's tough with the limited teams we are dealing with, but to give somebody the go to playoffs to fill slots is a tough position to be put in.

BoxDad you are correct...
The TAPPS Bracket puts District 1 5th place @ District 4 champion.

By my calculations,
That's Lubbock Kingdom Prep, Our 5th place team traveling to Orange Texas (10 hrs 33 min.) or Dickinson Texas (9 hrs 40 min.).....
I wonder how many times will the football team sing 99 bottles of pepsi on the wall traveling to one of these destinations....
Surely someone has some frequent flyer miles they can spare for these guys, LOL

On another note...
That SA TownEast @ Alvin Living Stones game LOOKS TO BE VERY INTERESTING... By far the best game of the Bi-district week.
This game has the makings OF A GOOD ONE

THE SHOULD BE A GOOD GAME (but won't) IS (just on reputation of school name only)
Brenham Christian @ Fredericksburg Heritage...
YES FREDDY 45's them... but just looking at the names, You would think.. This game should be for the state title...

Let me be the 1st to remind everyone that we are dealing with 14-18 year old boys. I can recall a special moment back in 2007 when a 3rd place Pine Drive team traveled to Abilene Texas (8 hrs) to take on Abilene Christian (the district champ)...
Abilene Christian was picked by 43 points...
Pine Drive came away with a 45-20 victory

Never under-estimating any-one/any-team come playoff time.

I too, will be in agreement about the SA Town East / Alvin Living Stones game...
That one will be REAL GOOD.
I've seen them both several times....
I give the offensive edge to SA Town East (offense is really good)
I give the defensive edge to Living Stones (defense is faster than I expected)

My opinion,
THE TEAM THAT CAN CONVERT THE EXTRA POINTS WILL WIN THIS GAME (kicking game)

Coach W.
2 things.

1st - did you guys travel to Abilene and play on the same day (8 hrs).

2nd - I agree about the special teams. As much as I like what Alvin Living Stones is doing in football, Their special teams play is their weakness.
you guys exposed their kick-off team on 3 great runs, blocked several of their kicks as well.
I've seen lscs play a couple of times and their special teams were never a factor until the game vs. Pine Drive.
In crucial ball games (playoff games) you better have a kicker who can make extra-points.

If they (lscs) can get their kicking game on track, they could be a contender, but that is their major weakness and it will cost them come playoff time if it's not fixed.

Sad thing is,
Winner of the SA Town East / Alvin Living Stones game gets Fredericksburg Heritage...
Time to get the basketballs out and lace up the canvas converse's..

Back