TAPPS D2 Brackets 2009

Like lifegate says; either way you have to win four games or you don't win the title. What difference does it make. The BCS stinks and will continue to stink. There is no way to fix what you perceive to be a problem. Rankings are someones opinion not fact, that is why the games are played on a field and not on paper. ON PAPER TEXAS NEVER BEATS USC; on the field they were National Champs.

Hey why don't we just use preseason rankings to set up the district so that the higher ranked teams are sure to get a district title. :lol:

IMO; buy some cheese and really enjoy your whine party or put on your football pants and play the games.

Hey now... There's no need for being rude.. He's just looking out for his kid... In a perfect world he's right and that's what you would want to see... I personally see nothing wrong with attempting to seed teams for playoffs... Let granger sell his formula to them and let's get it right... Lol they do take a district champ and put it against a lower seed and I think that is all we are gonna get... At least we have playoffs....

Rude? Whining is whining; you know me I just try to call it as I see it. There is nothing wrong with the brackets the way they are. We do have playoffs and at some point all championship systems are flawed. The NCAA Basketball Bracket is the best system going and even it leaves open the thought that someone else deserved to be in.

This system works, it is as plain as that.

Just win your 4 games and you are the STATE CHAMP!

What about for the District 1 winner. There are no specifics for that game-as far as beeing played at higher seed or neutral site. I would assume district 1 will get a home game?

jc_30":2zx26wlh said:
What about for the District 1 winner. There are no specifics for that game-as far as beeing played at higher seed or neutral site. I would assume district 1 will get a home game?

rule used to be was div champ got 1st round game @ home OR a bye, if you got bye, 2nd round was neutral site

lifegatesports":2h0ixi82 said:
jc_30":2h0ixi82 said:

rule used to be was div champ got 1st round game @ home OR a bye, if you got bye, 2nd round was neutral site

The district 2 5th will travel to El Paso or Lubbock to play the District Champ according to TAPPS.

FalconCoach":2z3zu435 said:
lifegatesports":2z3zu435 said:
jc_30":2z3zu435 said:

The district 2 5th will travel to El Paso or Lubbock to play the District Champ according to TAPPS.

As it should be ... the reward for winning district means you host a playoff game. And if you're the guy who has to shlep all the way to Lubbock or El Paso, I'd use the trip as motivation to my team to make someone shlep all the way to your joint next year.

lifegatesports":14707rdd said:
As it should be ... the reward for winning district means you host a playoff game. And if you're the guy who has to shlep all the way to Lubbock or El Paso, I'd use the trip as motivation to my team to make someone shlep all the way to your joint next year.

Absolutely agreed. I had to "shlep" my way to Amarillo last year, and loved every minute of it. And yes it is definitely motivation not to shlep my way to El Paso or Lubbock this year.

For those who disagree with how TAPPS has done the brackets...as long as we keep on voting that the district runner-up can't face the district champ until state, we'll continue to have long first round trips, and the brackets will be tougher generally on one side than the other. This year, there are a glut of really good teams in Div II. There a 6 that I see right now as definite contenders...3 in one district alone.

FalconCoach":24z7rd2s said:
lifegatesports":24z7rd2s said:
For those who disagree with how TAPPS has done the brackets...as long as we keep on voting that the district runner-up can't face the district champ until state, we'll continue to have long first round trips, and the brackets will be tougher generally on one side than the other. This year, there are a glut of really good teams in Div II. There a 6 that I see right now as definite contenders...3 in one district alone.

I'd like to correct my later post and get my facts right. If the play-off were to start today, only three of the top state teams are on the right side (not 4). Hope mudcats' team plays us

Round 1 Right side

SATE
Duncanville

Waco
LCTK

Freddy
HTC

Longveiw
Arlington Fell.

Left Side

Notre Dame
EPJC