TAPPS D2 and D3 Semis

Old76er

Six-man fan
In D2
Waco should easily take care of plainview and walk to state. They played a tough non district schedule and were banged up early on. They have their feet back under them And should make For a solid opponent for whoever comes out of the south.
Now a serious matchup is Bulverde vs Fredericksburg. Bulverde has been under the radar all year and are a extremely physical football team. Ask New Braunfels.... I’m going with Bulverde by 12
State finals
Bulverde over Waco Live Oak by 16

In D3
Granbury vs Weatherford
They played earlier in the year and Granbury came out on top. It’s more difficult to beat a team two times in one season but I think it’s will be the same result.
Granbury by 20
Seguin vs. Baytown
Seguin has handled some solid opponents this year and I don’t see anything changing. Baytown has not been talked about much this year and looking at their schedule the missed several games. Mystery team at this point unless someone informs me otherwise.

Seguin over baytown by 30
State finals
Seguin over Granbury by 20

Agree that Live Oak will easily handle Plainview.
The Fredricksburg/Bulverde game would be the one to see this week.

In the final, I see Live Oak vs. Bulverde.
Live Oak is finally healthy and has all players back. As long as #1 (QB) and #2 (spreadback) don't get injured they should win by 10.

I say Waco Live Oak 45+ Plainview

Bulverde with a 15+ win over Freddy. I hear Bulverde is physical and the fact they beat the pass happy off we of NBCA means they have decent speed on defense so they will be well matched with Freddy.

NCTA should defeat Weatherford. Given the records and the look at limited visual documentation on each team I'd say NCTA.

In Bryan for the two quarterfinal games. This should be a good one as well.

Seguin has a quality player in #31 but surely they have to have more if they will beat Baytown. Baytown has quality speed on defense and it's a tough task for any one player.
Baytown offense played several players, not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing this late in the season but they were effective against Spring Branch.

I'm going against the grain and selecting Baytown in a game 4>.

Weatherford could probably give NCTA a problem with their size. It’s extremely hard to beat a team two times in one year. I’m starting to think this game could go either way. I think It goes down to the last couple of Possessions.

I agree that 31 will probably be the best player on the field Friday night. I have no idea if baytown has enough speed to contain him. More news i hear out of baytown is they are fast overall. That means they close quickly. Maybe they can make a decent game.

Lifegates predicted to win by 33 but should beat BCA by 45. Why the Wrestlemania build up. Just eat a snickers bar and relax. Just play the game.

Appreciate the post. That was a pretty confident article by seguin. Revenge!! Don’t think that will be much of a contest. My focus is on the NCTA vs Weatherford game. That should be a good one.

Seguin from the south, the north I don't know. Weatherford had NCTA down like 42-18 before they made a comeback and won. And Weatherford agreed to play at NCTA? Interesting. Toss up to me

Weatherford has some size and difficult for NCTA to handle. NCTA does have couple of speedy kids but it’s going to take more than that to beat seguin in the finals

Seguin is the real deal. I told y'all earlier in the season to keep an eye on them. Coach Rabon is an excellent coach and will have his boys flying around. They are particularly good at defensive pressure as they are so stinking quick. That, and they don't mind hitting you in the mouth. Offensively, sure there's #31 but Coach Rabon will utilize other players strengths as well.

As to the article about revenge on Baytown- I don't think it's so much revenge as it is vindication of what happened last year. Coach Rabon is too much of a gentleman to mention those players that were not "not on the roster" last year for the semis were three senior studs. If Seguin had been full strength in 2016 I believe they would be the returning State Champs.

As I've said before, it will be the team that makes the fewest mistakes and plays DEFENSE. That'll be Seguin. I see Seguin vs either team from the weak north in the finals. Seguin wins a State title for Coach Rabon in his final game.

DII is all about Live Oak. I believe they are the 2017 DII State Champs. The other side of the bracket is tough to pick. Yes Bracken 45'd Freddy in the first go 'round. However, Freddy was down three starters that night. Bracken got rolling and it ended early. You can anticipate a renewed Freddy this round. I'm sure Coach Shipman will have something up his sleeve. Defense wins this game, just not sure which team that'll be.

Old76er":3g026pvi said:
Appreciate the post. That was a pretty confident article by seguin. Revenge!! Don’t think that will be much of a contest. My focus is on the NCTA vs Weatherford game. That should be a good one.

Remember, it's an article written by the hometown paper and they tend to have a pro-local team bias regardless if it's 2-8 Seguin (5A UIL), 10-1 Navarro (4A UIL), Marion (3A UIL), or Lifegate (1A TAPPS).

I think there's pretty serious speculation that this is Coach Rabon's last season. I heard that a year ago, too. I tend to use the Apostle Thomas rule on things like that ... when I put my fingers in the hole and hands in the side, I'll believe.

Tiger ... Sorry, I screwed up. I accidentally deleted your post (instead of replying to it).

But I agreed with it ... I was at the game last year. That night, there was no question who the better team was -- Baytown Christian.

Obviously, it would have been a better game if Lifegate were at full strength. But I'm not sure that it would have been a sure Lifegate win.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow night.

freeagent":3lnu50wv said:
Final. Lifegate 62-16.

Looks like Lifegate vs NCTA for the title next week in Waco.

If I remember right, the Lifegate vs. NCTA/Happy Hill series is 3-1 NCTA/Happy Hill.

Happy Hill won playoff games in 2003 (1st round) and 2006 (2nd round), Lifegate won in 2012 (semifinals) and NCTA in 2013 (first round)

Hats off to LIFEGATE for a stellar performance on Friday night vs. Baytown. It was fairly competitive early on. After Cayden Shelnutt scored on Lifegate’s first offensive play of the game, Baytown responded with a safety and their own offensive touchdown to take a 9-8 lead near the end of the first quarter. On the next series, Baytown lost it’s starting QB/SpreadBack for the rest of the game with an injury and it was too much of a setback for the Bulldogs to overcome. Although the Baytown reserves managed to continue battling deep into the fourth quarter, eventually Cayden Shelnutt and Myles McCord put the game out of reach and secured for themselves a spot in the State Championship game next week.

Best of luck to LIFEGATE in the State Championship game.

GeauxTigers":197o40sd said:
Hats off to LIFEGATE for a stellar performance on Friday night vs. Baytown. It was fairly competitive early on. After Cayden Shelnutt scored on Lifegate’s first offensive play of the game, Baytown responded with a safety and their own offensive touchdown to take a 9-8 lead near the end of the first quarter. On the next series, Baytown lost it’s starting QB/SpreadBack for the rest of the game with an injury and it was too much of a setback for the Bulldogs to overcome. Although the Baytown reserves managed to continue battling deep into the fourth quarter, eventually Cayden Shelnutt and Myles McCord put the game out of reach and secured for themselves a spot in the State Championship game next week.

Best of luck to LIFEGATE in the State Championship game.

I figured it had to be a TD, 1 point PAT and Safety to get to 9; when I got the 9-8 text I was a bit confused. 9 isn't a common score in 6 man.

Back