TAPPS D-1 Predictions??

Birdman96

11-man fan
As District and the playoffs approach...anyone have any early predictions for who can win it all?

North:
Dallas Lutheran or Amarillo San Jacinto are my pics from the north.

South:
Austin Veritas & Waco Vanguard seem to be the favorites in a division that seems "down" this season.

Is there anyone out there interested in TAPPS D-1 playoffs?

Can Amarillo San Jac pull off an upset against Dallas Lutheran?

If its Dallas Lutheran vs Veritas in the finals who you got?

I think Dallas Lutheran pulls it out by 2 touchdowns and meets Austin Veritas in the State Championship.

In the championship, Veritas wins by 2 touchdowns securing their 3rd straight State Title.

SicEm74":2tnyep2q said:
Dallas Lutheran vs Austin Veritas.

I'll say Lutheran finds a way to win a nail biter.

SicEm74...Didn’t you say the same thing about Rockwall Vs. Veritas in last years state game?

This is going to be a fun game!

I wish there was more video on Veritas

DLS scores on every possession, they can only beat themselves next week!!

If I understand the TAPPS D-1 2018-2019 playoff brackets correctly, assuming Veritas and Dallas Lutheran win their Districts and advance as hoped in the playoffs, they will meet in the semifinals.

District 3 winner, assuming higher seeds advance, will play the winner of the game between Dist. 1 & Dist. 2 second place teams to decide who plays winner of Veritas / Dallas Lutheran game for the TAPPS D-1 State Championship.

Currently on this website, Giddings Lone Star and Houston Emery/ Weiner are the top ranked teams in Dist. 3.

I sure was hoping to play Veritas again with a healthy Issiah Sampson. He got dinged early in state game and then in 3rd q hurt his ankle. No disrespect to Veritas but when he is full speed we are unstoppable. Plus this year we have a strong supporting cast of young guys that can PLAY!

Does anyone know if they got the 3 players back that were out for the Baytown game? I know they have 2 stars out for the year too. Wishing them the best, my second favorite team in the state!

Go Lions!

No way you see them down the playoff bracket again this year?
Why wouldn’t you? You saying Veritas won’t make the playoffs?

jaguars_rule":1b98uwdc said:
If I understand the TAPPS D-1 2018-2019 playoff brackets correctly, assuming Veritas and Dallas Lutheran win their Districts and advance as hoped in the playoffs, they will meet in the semifinals.

District 3 winner, assuming higher seeds advance, will play the winner of the game between Dist. 1 & Dist. 2 second place teams to decide who plays winner of Veritas / Dallas Lutheran game for the TAPPS D-1 State Championship.

Currently on this website, Giddings Lone Star and Houston Emery/ Weiner are the top ranked teams in Dist. 3.

Any updates on this game? This should have been a very interesting game. Giddings is a pretty fast team.

That sounds like a good one. Giddings must have made some serious adjustments at the half to dig out of that hole. Only allowing 8 points in the 2nd half is solid against a very good Emery offense.

Old76er":2q5bj1ak said:
No way you see them down the playoff bracket again this year?
Why wouldn’t you? You saying Veritas won’t make the playoffs?

Well I wasnt sure they have lost 2 games and I knew they had 2 players out for the season. Heard from somewhere they had 3 players out against BC. Just wasnt sure if we would cross paths this year. Again, they are my second favorite team.

Lionsbacker":10x8ttkf said:
I sure was hoping to play Veritas again with a healthy Issiah Sampson. He got dinged early in state game and then in 3rd q hurt his ankle. No disrespect to Veritas but when he is full speed we are unstoppable. Plus this year we have a strong supporting cast of young guys that can PLAY!

Does anyone know if they got the 3 players back that were out for the Baytown game? I know they have 2 stars out for the year too. Wishing them the best, my second favorite team in the state!

Go Lions!

Veritas lost their All State running back in a scrimmage. The other two players out against Baytown are back. If Veritas wins their district they go into the north bracket and could conceivably play Dallas Lutheran in the semi finals.

Back