Strawn vs Iredell

51eleven":2gg6dfd6 said:
Yeah it got a little chippy at points on both sides. I don't know how many personal fouls were called. Or who had the most. There are no speakers on the visitor (Strawn) side and you couldn't hear close to half of what the announcer said. I do remember one late hit by Iredell that wasn't called. Early in the game I remember two Iredell players helping Tanner Hodgkins up after tackling him. I think it started with a late hit on the Strawn sideline by Whitfield on I believe Ivan Ruiz, maybe it was Fraga (?). After he'd been tackled and was getting up. I think that PO'd the Hounds and they gave back what they got. People on this site talked about Whitfield before the game. I thought #9, Hunter Sheffield, the sophomore kept them in the game until the 3rd quarter. They did score more on the Hounds than anybody since Garden City and moved the ball up and down the field a good bit but were mostly kept out of the end zone. This was not a cakewalk for Strawn. It took all they had from the starters in the whole time to do what they did. Congratulations to both teams on a hard fought game. Iredell never quit.
From my vantage point I noticed Iredell getting in a few cheap shots early in the first quarter on their side of the field. Hitting players other than the ball carrier after the play ended. I came to the conclusion Iredell was not used to being blocked and tackled and decide to hit back. Iredell's passing attack was the only thing that kept the game from being over at the end of the half. Strawn wasn't as sharp as they could have been but they didn't need to be with Iredell. Strawn's tenacious defense just too much, Iredell couldn't move the ball on the ground.

51eleven":11cpomdz said:
Yeah it got a little chippy at points on both sides. I don't know how many personal fouls were called. Or who had the most. There are no speakers on the visitor (Strawn) side and you couldn't hear close to half of what the announcer said. I do remember one late hit by Iredell that wasn't called. Early in the game I remember two Iredell players helping Tanner Hodgkins up after tackling him. I think it started with a late hit on the Strawn sideline by Whitfield on I believe Ivan Ruiz, maybe it was Fraga (?). After he'd been tackled and was getting up. I think that PO'd the Hounds and they gave back what they got. People on this site talked about Whitfield before the game. I thought #9, Hunter Sheffield, the sophomore kept them in the game until the 3rd quarter. They did score more on the Hounds than anybody since Garden City and moved the ball up and down the field a good bit but were mostly kept out of the end zone. This was not a cakewalk for Strawn. It took all they had from the starters in the whole time to do what they did. Congratulations to both teams on a hard fought game. Iredell never quit.

Hope Victor Salazar enjoyed the game, Stinker was there.

Great game by both teams. Hats off to strawn for a dominating performance. Whitfield is their workhorse but I don’t think the high ankle sprain was fully healed and missing 4 games straight didn’t help his conditioning. No excuses, iredell came to play and got beat by a better team. # 9 Sheffield is Whitfield’s cousin. If he can put on some size he will be hard to stop his senior year. I don’t see anyone posing much of a threat to strawn.

Back