Strawn vs Borden County

This is exciting news for Mclean! And for anyone who thinks Mclean beating Strawn 51-18 was a fluke or simply just a wake up call for Strawn, you’re dellusional. Mclean was better at every single position in the field! Mclean only got more hungry after that win! I’ve seen them practice and hear what they’re saying, they more hungry now than ever. I honestly think if the game was played now, Mclean would 45 Strawn, Mclean didn’t even play a clean game that night. But good luck to Strawn in D-2, appears you’re headed for back to back state championships!

Awesome job Strawn!! As for the McLean/ Strawn debate, it doesn’t matter what would happen if they played again. You just have to be the best team the night you play, and it was McLean. Good luck down the road everyone!

McLean fans and supporters y’all still have a long season ahead of y’all to keep coming back to the strawn game. Yall won the game and move on. Y’all will meet BC in playoffs and they will watch the strawn film and see when strawn was in spread formation y’all were kinda lost. To say McLean did not have a clean game is no correct. They was as prefect game as I seen a team play. If you look at strawn title history they have a lose in a couple titles. All that tells me is they don’t drag there heads after a loss, they get better. McLean keeps playing the way there are now the will be in Arlington come December. Good luck to both teams the rest of season.

I agree good luck to both teams! I completely
Disagree that Mclean played a perfect game. We aren’t going back to that game either, they are clearly focused on each week. None of those kids are on here reflecting back to that game, their focus is on winning each day! I just felt some on here aren’t giving them the respect they’ve earned. They clearly dominated Strawn, and are even better now. I hope both teams win state though, no hard feeling towards Strawn.

That's your opinion sir about the McLean game. Like I said if they continue to play McLean football they will be there at the end. Now about strawn last night. Strawn played a dang good game last night. I have heard that Borden County have a couple kids out. It takes a team to win not couple kids. It’s a team effort so let’s put that to rest. BC will be fine and make a deep run , they have speed , size and good coaching D1 watch out

Leman Saunders":2rjfk7em said:
51eleven":2rjfk7em said:
Too bad they couldn't have played the game in a decent location. It would have drawn well in Abilene or Trent for that matter.

I will say Jayton is an EXCELLENT Location! Let me pontificate....
For over 30 years now Jayton has been a premier location with great facilities that is a six-man football school! This means that the sidelines, the yard lines, midfield and the goalposts all don't have to be rearranged to accommodate the six-man game. The home side features stadium seats before it was popular, and the visitors side seats a good number of visitors in it's own right and has its own press/filming box.

Personally I liked it better when they had a real grass field...something me and my old friend Don Hardin shared was an affinity for the old grass field and not the new "turf" stuff.

With the connection that Borden Co coaches have to the place It should feel more like a home game to Borden Co.

Your right again. Perfect location for the game. I hope Don liked it.

I think Borden County will be healthy and ready to play their best by play off time. McLean will have their hands full then. Borden County will have something to prove.

I think mclean has something to prove as well and they are doing it every game. Garden city will knock off Borden county this year anyway..

I'm pretty sure we will have a new state champ in both divisions this year. This is a pretty exciting year the field is wide open for allot of new faces which makes me excited.

Caprock kid":3h9lbbf2 said:
I'm pretty sure we will have a new state champ in both divisions this year. This is a pretty exciting year the field is wide open for allot of new faces which makes me excited.

Exactly who do you think is beating Strawn in D2?

Caprock kid":1jejdk3h said:

Strawn will win D2 no doubt they are a great team..
D1 I SEE 3 or 4 potential candidates and it's all about timing and being healthy. Good luck to all the teams in the mix and I can't wait to see it plays out.

51eleven":x6vny0eq said:
Ares":x6vny0eq said:
Wow, Bordens killing themselves with penalties right now.

Yeah, they had a few of those. And trouble with low snaps/hanging on to the wet ball. You have to give credit to the Hounds D though. I think I remember BC getting 1 first down on their first drive but did they get another? They were dominant and gave the offense the ball in great field position multiple times.

I think they may have gotten a 2nd 1st down later on but that might have been it. It seemed like BC was always in 3rd/4th & long situations thanks to their penalties. But they really struggled moving the ball regardless. Strawn was dominant all around.

Longhorn85":10r1b9a4 said:
Caprock kid":10r1b9a4 said:

Iredell & Oakwood are the only teams in D2 who can probably hang with them. But I doubt either team could pull off the upset.

Agreed on D2 , strawn won last year and pretty much brought the same team back. D1 yes I see 3 or 4 contenders McLean , keys for them is staying heathy and keep playing smash mouth football. BC won Back to back title and knows what it takes. Milford , probably has the best spread back in the land right now. Couple other I could see is Garden city , Union hill well coached got beat by bc but could improve to be there at the end.

Longhorn85":27zkkzk3 said:
Caprock kid":27zkkzk3 said:

D2 you have a point Strawn is the favorite Iredell is the only other possible choice. But you never know I didn't think Crowell would beat BC in 2015. Then to turn around and lose to Abbott so it could happen.

D1 I like Mcleans chances but they will have to go through BC and you can't count out GC.

Bc looked good and not to take away from them at all but Strawn was just not even close to the last two years teams. Will be interesting but definetly don't think Strawn is even close to a sure thing this year.

Back